Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM

282 posts, read 296,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"the Holy war in your bible ,hasn't it ?" Well, I'm Agnostic and don't have a Holy book. I do agree the books are similar and many of the stories are versions in the religous books that predated them, and believe that the intrepretation of the "Good" books are the underlying source of the violence. Considering that fundamentalist of the past and present pull quotes from their books to rationalize their hatred I would like to see an end to all violent religous hatred period. Unfortunately all religous groups tout their religion as the one and only true religion and can't help but to stigmatize the others that don't agree.
I can see that religions are being used specially when people get hopeless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,138,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
fundamentally , Christians and Jews are not infidels

we believe that you're a people of scripture if course we consider you as unbeliever according to our classification of believer ,but as to what I mentioned above we consider you as believer ...I know this sounds odd to you yet it's the truth.
As one of "The people of the Book" I know this, but the OP is a self described atheist/agnostic.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As one of "The people of the Book" I know this, but the OP is a self described atheist/agnostic.
in addition to this , Muslims are ordered to be fair with non Muslims ,here I translated a narration from Islamic references let us hope to be understood

prophet Mohammed PBUH said " Whoever abuses Mu'ahad* ,cheats him or take something belongs to him wrongfully, thus I will stand out against him on the day of Judgment "

*Mu'ahad : a visitor to Muslims' territories from other nations , religion or culture.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 AM

If Muslim killed any Muslim accidentally ,he will be fined around $ 100.000
if Muslim killed any non Muslim accidentally, he will be fined double that means $200,000 approximately

but if did any thing on purpose ,,,this is another story there is " Qisas " which means the same act will be done to the aggressor wither it is killing or a similar physical harm !unless you forgive

Allah said in ch 5 verse 45;
" We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam