U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,186,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
A light evening's read, for those interested.

Intolerance in the Quran

Some interesting direct quotes from the great and holy Qu'Ran. Sure made my evening!

Be enlightened, all.
It's perfect propaganda, actually. Only truly brave souls, having known nothing other than Islam, would ever conceive of questioning it.

I have to commend Muhammed...very few religious leaders have accomplished such rabid control over their followers with as much paranoia, hatred, and devout ignorance. Well done.

Pity that it's not so different from other religions with violent histories. The formula hasn't changed much over time:

--we (religion A) are 'special', 'chosen', 'exalted'
--they (everyone else) are 'damned', 'evil', 'ignorant'
--do not question anything, or you will burn [or meet some other terrible fate]
--do not kill...unless I say so [with numerous liturgical passages allowing it]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 08:42 AM

56,064 posts, read 54,565,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
It's perfect propaganda, actually. Only truly brave souls, having known nothing other than Islam, would ever conceive of questioning it.

I have to commend Muhammed...very few religious leaders have accomplished such rabid control over their followers with as much paranoia, hatred, and devout ignorance. Well done.

Pity that it's not so different from other religions with violent histories. The formula hasn't changed much over time:

--we (religion A) are 'special', 'chosen', 'exalted'
--do not kill...unless I say so [with numerous liturgical passages allowing it]
Very succinctly put. Sums it all up. Well done.

Couldn't rep you again yet, Rayne.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 AM

11,798 posts, read 21,978,743 times
Yes, that's pretty much it, I'd say.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM

180 posts, read 188,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
it's perfect propaganda, actually. Only truly brave souls, having known nothing other than islam, would ever conceive of questioning it.

I have to commend muhammed...very few religious leaders have accomplished such rabid control over their followers with as much paranoia, hatred, and devout ignorance. Well done.

--we (religion a) are 'special', 'chosen', 'exalted'
--do not kill...unless i say so [with numerous liturgical passages allowing it]
a++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,372,762 times
Wink Some new ideas!

But predictably, just you wait, dear readers. soon we'll have an all new thread with an intriguing title like:

"Sharia is Perfect, yes? Why you not absorb?"

or...

"Muhammed only preach love, but within the family. You join family?"

(Hmmm.. maybe I shouldn't be giving them creative thread topic ideas, over there in the cubicles at the mosque.... Gawd, we really need that separate Islamic sub-forum....)

Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,529,289 times
Maybe the real problem lies with that word, "hidden." They should stop playing badly phrased word games and be a little more up front. Tell us exactly what the plan is. (They're confident enough to believe that it's going to be imposed anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference if the forthcoming victims know what's in store).

Old 08-05-2010, 02:48 PM

I fail to see what is "hidden" about Islam's agenda anyway.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:17 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,636,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I fail to see what is "hidden" about Islam's agenda anyway.
Well, I used that term for two main reasons:

1) Islam's or Muslim's attempt to hide, downplay, soften (let's face it sometimes downright lie about) the true teachings and history of Islam and thier intentions for the West (for that matter the world). Whether they are radicals who want to infiltrate and destroy or moderates who want to convert - it is prevelent - even sanctioned.

2) Non-muslim's blidness to the above facts. Some people just do not want reality to be what it is for fear of having to make judgments or take serious actions against ideas that although 'religous' are very dangerous and contrary to anything non-Islam. They just want it not to be so and not be put in a positon of conflict.

I did not use it mean that Islam's aganeda is not capable of being understood or discerned - it is just that there are alot of historical and contempory two-faced tactics among the Muslim community when dealing with non-muslims.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM

I can't argue with that! The ends justify any means.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:02 PM

40,056 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Well, I used that term for two main reasons:

1) Islam's or Muslim's attempt to hide, downplay, soften (let's face it sometimes downright lie about) the true teachings and history of Islam and thier intentions for the West (for that matter the world). Whether they are radicals who want to infiltrate and destroy or moderates who want to convert - it is prevelent - even sanctioned.

2) Non-muslim's blidness to the above facts. Some people just do not want reality to be what it is for fear of having to make judgments or take serious actions against ideas that although 'religous' are very dangerous and contrary to anything non-Islam. They just want it not to be so and not be put in a positon of conflict.

I did not use it mean that Islam's aganeda is not capable of being understood or discerned - it is just that there are alot of historical and contempory two-faced tactics among the Muslim community when dealing with non-muslims.
The simple reality is that they are COMMANDED to lie and deceive ALL infidels until all is subordinated to Allah under Islam, period. It isn't ALLOWED . . . it is COMMANDED. Westerners have no conception of such a mindset . . . and simply are deceived by their own decency to extend an undeserved tolerance to this deen (it is NOT a religion like any other). Alas . . . we will be victims of our own decency by these barbaric and evil spiritual troglodytes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or