U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM

8,701 posts, read 11,834,674 times

Advertisements

English only. - TOS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,578,776 times
The ayat of the Quran are only in Arabic;

the English words are not the Quran;
the English words are only the translation of the meaning of the Quran ayat and in fact they are not the Quran itself;

so in this case you find some way to prevent the Quran ayat from being said to people, and the purpose from this is understood; it is due to your belonging to other doctrines.

This has been for more than one year; is it only now that it is not permitted?

but it is the way of Jesus' adversaries who opposed him to say his words by their cunning and cheating. And he said to them:

You are like the rock in the water fountain: neither do you drink, nor do you let others drink.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:09 AM

30,878 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Quote:
This is an example of their alleged freedom and democracy

They are misfortunate: God will deal with them accordingly.
May God Almighty decrease their luck and increase their misfortune! (a parable).
Is this a threat?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
How does one know if it really is the quran if that even mattered. It doesn't really matter now does it as it comes across as gibberrish and squirly lines or a series of □ □ □ □. It only has meaning to you and only effective when your are preaching to the choir, for the rest it is meaningless scribbling gibberish or an unrecognised character set that carries no weight and only serves to distract.

Then what has stinged you: whether it means anything or nothing to you?

I said the words in Arabic of the Arabic Quran, then I give the meaning in English together with it; but because you want some excuse to prevent the ayat of the Quran of God; so you said what you said and stirred others to this act.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Is this a threat?

This is not any personal threat; but it is a warning of God's punishment to every stubborn disbeliever who opposes the word of God in the Glorious Quran.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM

30,878 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
This is not any personal threat; but it is a warning of God's punishment to every stubborn disbeliever who opposes the word of God in the Glorious Quran.
So it is a threat, because I do not accept your religion, or any other and I certainly do not think there is anything glorious about the Quran...It has nothing to do with stubbornness, just my preference for reality over mythology..I am godless and intend to stay that way, so you can keep your ayats to yourself.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,185,281 times
1) It does come off as a threat

2) The text in Arabic is only readable by those who are fluent in the language. For Muslims, this gives them a feeling of superiority. For the owners, administrators, mods, and members of this site, we can only take your word as to the 'translation'.

ENGLISH ONLY, PER TOS.

Last edited by rayneinspain; 07-30-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,113 times
Quote:

I oppose the Qur'an and I oppose Muslim posters who post the sorts of posts like the one above.

I hope that at some point the constant rants and threats are reined in and that the arabic is disallowed as per the tos.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,185,281 times
Quote:
Your one-word disclaimer only serves to illuminate your true meaning, which, by a process of elimination, comes out as a threat** to us ALL.

**That, I believe, would be against TOS, would it not?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 AM

8,701 posts, read 11,834,674 times
Quote:
Then what has stinged you: whether it means anything or nothing to you?

I said the words in Arabic of the Arabic Quran, then I give the meaning in English together with it; but because you want some excuse to prevent the ayat of the Quran of God; so you said what you said and stirred others to this act.
Wow, you have given me a lot of credit. There is no sting, just follow the terms of service, I would have written the same thing if someone kept posting in Spanish or German or sanskrit, or even elfin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam