U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2010, 09:44 PM
 
Location: AZ
1,046 posts, read 3,097,436 times
Reputation: 680

Advertisements

Oh man..

The op in another thread like this stated that the framers of the constitution (basically) didn't know what sharia was.....While Thomas Jefferson was in France we had that whole N. African thing going on, The Barbary Wars(their thinking was based on sharia). He was involved in the treaties and everything that went on during that time.

Back to the point. What is the difference between Sharia and displaying the 10 commandments?

p.s. Thomas Jefferson thought the bible was a joke and eventually published his own version without all the hocuspocas. It was handed out to new members of congress for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2010, 03:07 AM
 
Location: Planet Water
815 posts, read 1,376,520 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that the Hebrew calendar predates the Soviet Union by thousands of years. Perhaps the Soviets arranged for their special occasions to fall on particular dates within the Jewish calendar--which I doubt they did.

You have demonstrated some surprising notions in several threads lately. (Persians being descendants of the Turks, Jesus born in the year 1200, and your comment here just to name three). I cannot help but conclude that you need to throw your current sources away and try researching elsewhere. Unless you enjoy making yourself look like a complete fool.
What? It you silly. At me is based on a science and the facts from old books.
The first Popes knew that events did not occur 2000 years ago. I have a native calendar - 600 000 years. In Israel there is no usual constitution. There religious laws. Yes. Jesus was born in 1200 (star Explosion + a comet Galilee + an eclipse. It could only , ONLY in 1200!!!!!!!!!!). At me is: old books, old bibles, old calendars, archaeological researches, linguistic researches, astronomical... At you - the Myth, myths, myths, myths...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 03:54 AM
 
Location: Happy wherever I am - Florida now
3,359 posts, read 10,911,567 times
Reputation: 3838
I found this interesting tidbit. Perhaps we could be enlightened as to what the punishments are?

Hadd crimes have fixed punishments because they are set by God and are found in the Qur’an.
No judge can change or reduce the punishment for these serious crimes.
The Hadd crimes (these are the worst level of crimes) are:

1. Murder;
2. Apostasy from Islam
3. Making war upon Allah and His messengers
4. Theft
5. Adultery
6. Defamation
7. False accusation of adultery or fornication
8. Robbery
9. Alcohol-drinking [any intoxicants, drugs]

Last edited by Sgoldie; 07-30-2010 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: clarify numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 04:07 AM
 
Location: Planet Water
815 posts, read 1,376,520 times
Reputation: 199
These laws existed before occurrence of religions... What for religions destroyed ancient foundations of a society? Under the flag of a new Deity to establish this ?) with new elite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
What? It you silly. At me is based on a science and the facts from old books.
The first Popes knew that events did not occur 2000 years ago. I have a native calendar - 600 000 years. In Israel there is no usual constitution. There religious laws. Yes. Jesus was born in 1200 (star Explosion + a comet Galilee + an eclipse. It could only , ONLY in 1200!!!!!!!!!!). At me is: old books, old bibles, old calendars, archaeological researches, linguistic researches, astronomical... At you - the Myth, myths, myths, myths...



Which popes? What exactly did they say?

Which books? What exactly are the titles?

You are out there, but show some specifics to back up what you are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
These laws existed before occurrence of religions... What for religions destroyed ancient foundations of a society? Under the flag of a new Deity to establish this ?) with new elite.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I found this interesting tidbit. Perhaps we could be enlightened as to what the punishments are?

Hadd crimes have fixed punishments because they are set by God and are found in the Qur’an.
No judge can change or reduce the punishment for these serious crimes.
The Hadd crimes (these are the worst level of crimes) are:

1. Murder;
2. Apostasy from Islam
3. Making war upon Allah and His messengers
4. Theft
5. Adultery
6. Defamation
7. False accusation of adultery or fornication
8. Robbery
9. Alcohol-drinking [any intoxicants, drugs]

Yeah these are the bad ones to break. I would never want to live under Muslim rule, or sharia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,508,264 times
Reputation: 258
Like Merleau Ponty: WE believe but WE really don't believe. The laws existed for belief because: WE WERE AFRAID OF GOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Planet Water
815 posts, read 1,376,520 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
[/u][/b]


Which popes? What exactly did they say?

Which books? What exactly are the titles?

You are out there, but show some specifics to back up what you are saying.
I wrote about it in other themes ... I Can offer a film (not in English).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,508,264 times
Reputation: 258
Nobody wants to ask me how the Sharia Law might instead be less needed not in a Secularist World, but because of the world containing the 'golden calf', the god of virtues but not the true God... from History (which is researched so Secularistically). nevetheless, that God is one of common understanding, such as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Last edited by tgnostic; 07-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: add info, from literature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top