Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Sharia Law in Britain: A Threat to One Law for All and Equal Rights, reveals the adverse effect of sharia courts on family law. Under sharia's civil code, a woman's testimony is worth half of a man's. A man can divorce his wife by repudiation, whereas a woman must give justifications, some of which are difficult to prove. Child custody reverts to the father at a preset age; women who remarry lose custody of their children even before then; and sons inherit twice the share of daughters.

There is an assumption that those who attend sharia courts do so voluntarily and that unfair decisions can be challenged. Since much of sharia law is contrary to British law and public policy, in theory they would be unlikely to be upheld in a British court. In reality, women are often pressured by their families into going to these courts and adhering to unfair decisions and may lack knowledge of their rights under British law. Moreover, refusal to settle a dispute in a sharia court could lead to to threats, intimidation or isolation.

What isn't wrong with Sharia law? | Law | guardian.co.uk

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-in-britain.do

YouTube - Wake up, America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Yes, this is about Muslims it is not about non-Muslims. Shariah law applies to Muslims, and Muslims ONLY. If you're not a Muslim why worry?

just look at indonesia, if enough of those nut jobs preaching sharia laws get into public office you can bet your last dollar that they will try to have sharia become the law of our land..just give europe another 20 to 30 years and we will see what happens.

i hope over the long haul that people are smart enough to not let that ever happen here in the good ol usa, but with the morons in office now it kinda makes me scratch my head.

just look at the border problems with mexico.!!! it's an easy problem to solve, if we can place military troops all over the world why can't we place 20 thousand or so military troops on the border to with mexico.. homeland security is a freekin joke when anybody can just walk across a border and be in like flin..

just saying, i'm not worried in my lifetime, but for future gens thats another question..

if sharia law ever governs the world thats it, the world will be thrust back to the dark ages, you can just forget about any science and tech advancements. and for womens rights, gosh straight down the tubes..

Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Yoykers!

Why... just look at the folks happy-dancing in the streets of Iran & Saudi Arabia!

Oh wait; that was immediately after 9-11.....

Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 PM

149 posts, read 261,247 times
sharia law would counter feminism. i mean right now the west is real oppressive to men especially with regard to divorce, child support, abortion, custody, alimony, false rape and false domestic violence. where as in the west we make it easier for a man to be guilty of false rape, the sharia is the exact as a women needs prove she was raped. thats why muslim girls are ever with one guy like we have in the west. i dont support sharia but it would at least counter feminism which has been a detriment to men and women. i dont understand how the most anti-sharia people are religious right who are actually the one who would benefit the most under some type of sharia imposition of america of course in a christian way. i actually view the current feminism as more of a threat than sharia because if feminism hadnt weaken us so badly there would be no need for a sharia mainly christian like backlash thats coming. and if christians dont step up to make the laws support its doctrine islam will more than gladly step in because there is a religious vacuum in america and as a christian it saddens me to say while christians are talking muslims are walking. the only christians walking are groups like amish, jehovah witness, mormoms, etc. so unless the feminist laws change this country will alway be on the verge of male backlash. u just cant keep oppressing men and expect nothing to happen. change is coming whether we want it or not.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
The 'oppression' of men in the West is a walk in the park compared to the treatment of women under Sharia law. I don't feel "oppressed" by women at all. Of course the courts rule unfairly on occasion, but that works both ways. In Sharia, it only works one way.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:16 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,172 times
Sharia law will never become the law of the land in America because we have this document called the US Constitution that I am sure yall' must have heard about back in grade school.

I find it interesting that all of a sudden the media and some people who lack knowledge all of a sudden figure that Islam is like the "barbarians at the gates".

Guess yall' weren't freaking out when Eric Rudolph was blowing hospitals up or when Aryan Nation members were seeking to form an alliance with Al-Qadea: An unholy alliance - CNN

Yes, there are wacko Muslims out their just as there are extremists Hindus, Buddhists (yes, even Buddhist extremists), but is it fair to blame an entire group for the actions of a few?

Also, Islam is not so clear cut as in, just like how Christianity is divided into two sects with many denominations, Islam has two sects with many denominations who differ on many doctrinal issues and aspects of Islamic jurisprudence, some are more extreme than others who just want peace and to co-exist with their brothers and sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam