Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:44 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,089 times

Advertisements

Oh man..

The op in another thread like this stated that the framers of the constitution (basically) didn't know what sharia was.....While Thomas Jefferson was in France we had that whole N. African thing going on, The Barbary Wars(their thinking was based on sharia). He was involved in the treaties and everything that went on during that time.

Back to the point. What is the difference between Sharia and displaying the 10 commandments?

p.s. Thomas Jefferson thought the bible was a joke and eventually published his own version without all the hocuspocas. It was handed out to new members of congress for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 03:07 AM

815 posts, read 1,543,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that the Hebrew calendar predates the Soviet Union by thousands of years. Perhaps the Soviets arranged for their special occasions to fall on particular dates within the Jewish calendar--which I doubt they did.

You have demonstrated some surprising notions in several threads lately. (Persians being descendants of the Turks, Jesus born in the year 1200, and your comment here just to name three). I cannot help but conclude that you need to throw your current sources away and try researching elsewhere. Unless you enjoy making yourself look like a complete fool.
What? It you silly. At me is based on a science and the facts from old books.
The first Popes knew that events did not occur 2000 years ago. I have a native calendar - 600 000 years. In Israel there is no usual constitution. There religious laws. Yes. Jesus was born in 1200 (star Explosion + a comet Galilee + an eclipse. It could only , ONLY in 1200!!!!!!!!!!). At me is: old books, old bibles, old calendars, archaeological researches, linguistic researches, astronomical... At you - the Myth, myths, myths, myths...

Old 07-30-2010, 03:54 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,268,313 times
I found this interesting tidbit. Perhaps we could be enlightened as to what the punishments are?

Hadd crimes have fixed punishments because they are set by God and are found in the Qur’an.
No judge can change or reduce the punishment for these serious crimes.
The Hadd crimes (these are the worst level of crimes) are:

1. Murder;
2. Apostasy from Islam
3. Making war upon Allah and His messengers
4. Theft
5. Adultery
6. Defamation
7. False accusation of adultery or fornication
8. Robbery
9. Alcohol-drinking [any intoxicants, drugs]

Last edited by Sgoldie; 07-30-2010 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: clarify numbers

Old 07-30-2010, 04:07 AM

These laws existed before occurrence of religions... What for religions destroyed ancient foundations of a society? Under the flag of a new Deity to establish this ?) with new elite.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
What? It you silly. At me is based on a science and the facts from old books.
The first Popes knew that events did not occur 2000 years ago. I have a native calendar - 600 000 years. In Israel there is no usual constitution. There religious laws. Yes. Jesus was born in 1200 (star Explosion + a comet Galilee + an eclipse. It could only , ONLY in 1200!!!!!!!!!!). At me is: old books, old bibles, old calendars, archaeological researches, linguistic researches, astronomical... At you - the Myth, myths, myths, myths...

Which popes? What exactly did they say?

Which books? What exactly are the titles?

You are out there, but show some specifics to back up what you are saying.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
These laws existed before occurrence of religions... What for religions destroyed ancient foundations of a society? Under the flag of a new Deity to establish this ?) with new elite.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I found this interesting tidbit. Perhaps we could be enlightened as to what the punishments are?

Hadd crimes have fixed punishments because they are set by God and are found in the Qur’an.
No judge can change or reduce the punishment for these serious crimes.
The Hadd crimes (these are the worst level of crimes) are:

1. Murder;
2. Apostasy from Islam
3. Making war upon Allah and His messengers
4. Theft
5. Adultery
6. Defamation
7. False accusation of adultery or fornication
8. Robbery
9. Alcohol-drinking [any intoxicants, drugs]

Yeah these are the bad ones to break. I would never want to live under Muslim rule, or sharia.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
Like Merleau Ponty: WE believe but WE really don't believe. The laws existed for belief because: WE WERE AFRAID OF GOD.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
[/u][/b]

Which popes? What exactly did they say?

Which books? What exactly are the titles?

You are out there, but show some specifics to back up what you are saying.
I wrote about it in other themes ... I Can offer a film (not in English).

Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
Nobody wants to ask me how the Sharia Law might instead be less needed not in a Secularist World, but because of the world containing the 'golden calf', the god of virtues but not the true God... from History (which is researched so Secularistically). nevetheless, that God is one of common understanding, such as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Last edited by tgnostic; 07-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: add info, from literature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam