Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,728,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The terrifying thing is the freedoms we so cherish may be our undoing in that they come and are given freedom and with the freedom they seek to take over and we will all lose our freedoms.

Very scary.......
BEST post in this thread. That is my greatest fear--the undoing or chipping away of over 200 years of our legal process and government.

Sharia should never be allowed to exist, as it does now in the UK and some other non-Muslim countries, as a shadow/secondary legal process in the US/Canada et al...one that is off-limits for the secular government and citizenry to observe, critique, or police.

It's bad enough in this country with FLDS (and other) polygamy sects. IMO they also should not be tolerated in this country either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 10:56 AM

251 posts, read 422,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you for your explanations. The idea that the victims of thieves and other criminals are more important than the criminals themselves is important to most people in the US as well, and there is usually an outcry when the punishment meted seems to favor the criminal over the victim.

The United States' constitutional protection against cruel and unusual punishment was not pulled out of thin air, but rather a progressive reaction to some of the punishments used in older western European societies, our mother country of England included, such as drawing and quartering, beheading women for adultery or beheading men for speaking against the king, etc. Such punishments were often meted out according to the power of the person making the accusation and approved by the Church, similar at the time to the religious approval in Islamic law. There's also the factor that a human being who would be willing to even perform the act of cutting of another human being's limb (or disemboweling or beheading) probably has something seriously wrong with them also.

Now I'd like to move on to something beyond mere theft. Most westerners, myself included, were horrified and haunted by the stoning in Somalia last year of a 13-year-old girl who was convicted under Islamic law of adultery after she was gang-raped. As I'm sure you are aware, she was taken to a stadium holding about 1000 onlookers, buried up to her neck, and stoned alive. I cannot conceive of a way you or anyone else could persuade me that there is any justice or lawful reason, religious or otherwise, for such an inhumane punishment. In most people's eyes, this girl was a victim, not a law-breaker. However, I will give you the opportunity to explain this.

Mightyqueen,

This is a crime by a handful of rebels in Somalia Never illegal they are the militia. essentially!! No punishment of the victim nor Islamic law does not apply to children

read the news here

Islamist rebel administration in Somalia had 13-year-old rape victim stoned to death | World news | guardian.co.uk

Similarly, women in Afghanistan are in prison on charges of adultery because they were raped. Yes, the rapists are in prison as well, which satisfies your explanation that the law is equal for both men and women, but there seems to be no distinction in these cases between someone who commits a crime and someone who is a victim. Again, please explain the logic behind this.
I will explain this look, of course there are distinction in these cases between someone who commits a crime and someone who is a victim So but even penalty the adultery a law does not apply unless they confess or witnessed four witnesses to see them Practiced to adultery

"there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case" So Punishment for the rapist "man" only

Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The terrifying thing is the freedoms we so cherish may be our undoing in that they come and are given freedom and with the freedom they seek to take over and we will all lose our freedoms.

Very scary.......

but The continuation of propaganda do more than this.

They just live under your country law no more.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,728,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
but The continuation of propaganda do more than this.

They just live under your country law no more.
If they live in our country, they ARE subject to our laws. There cannot exist a separate and unequal set of laws for certain individuals based solely on religious law that conflicts with the law of the LAND.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM

LOL. Sites which broadcast false information and news is very silly as fabricate the truth, take a small part of it and add a hundred lies.

Almost, kill me,the ridiculous news

really, It seems that people will never kick a dog is dead

Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM

88,276 posts, read 84,257,762 times
Quote:
I will explain this look, of course there are distinction in these cases between someone who commits a crime and someone who is a victim So but even penalty the adultery a law does not apply unless they confess or witnessed four witnesses to see them Practiced to adultery

"there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case" So Punishment for the rapist "man" only
The problem is, Imamway, that Sharia law IS being used as the reason for imprisoning rape victims and IS being used as the reason for atrocities like the Somalia stoning, and an offhand "well, that's not REALLY Islam" isn't persuasive to most people who don't personally know any Muslims.

I am very aware that Muslims do speak out against these atrocities, but I don't think there's any perception that they do it enough.

Christians are often told to clean their own house before they go around telling others what to do. I think the same could be applied to Islam. The effort of Muslims to decry abhorrent practices within their own ranks should be stronger than any effort to proselityze to non-Muslims, in my opinion.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM

lie? LOL,but Sites which broadcast false information and news is very silly as fabricate the truth, take a small part of it and add a hundred lies.

really, It seems that people will never kick Dead dog

Old 07-30-2010, 11:26 AM

88,276 posts, read 84,257,762 times
Quote:
LOL. Sites which broadcast false information and news is very silly as fabricate the truth, take a small part of it and add a hundred lies.

really, It seems that people will never kick a dog is dead

Before you LOL, you should provide an explanation as to why you believe these to be lies.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The problem is, Imamway, that Sharia law IS being used as the reason for imprisoning rape victims and IS being used as the reason for atrocities like the Somalia stoning, and an offhand "well, that's not REALLY Islam" isn't persuasive to most people who don't personally know any Muslims.

I am very aware that Muslims do speak out against these atrocities, but I don't think there's any perception that they do it enough.

Christians are often told to clean their own house before they go around telling others what to do. I think the same could be applied to Islam. The effort of Muslims to decry abhorrent practices within their own ranks should be stronger than any effort to proselityze to non-Muslims, in my opinion.

yes that's true. But such things are difficult to control,we are here to amend to some of the misconceptions rather than proselytizing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam