Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:08 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,721,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
look, I'm talking about my law as it is, I am not talking about Lawbreakers,

Is it reasonable to punish the victim in your concept

Did not enter my mind until now
No, it is not at all reasonable to punish the victim, which is why our system of justice--while not 100% perfect--focuses on the accused person.

I can only think of one instance where a victim would be punished...and that is if they were found to have made a false accusation with intent to harm the accused. [If I'm wrong, please correct me, I'm no legal scholar]

Quote:
what does means :: cue theme from Jeopardy :: pleas I want to become excellent in your language
My apologies, it was a reference to a quiz show we have here. Near the end of the show, to determine the final winner, a difficult question is posed to the three contestants...and a musical theme is played while they take extra time in formulating their answers.

I envisioned it playing while we waited patiently for your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 01:33 PM

251 posts, read 421,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Imanway, two questions -

You say sharia is not imposed on non-muslims. (Did you?)
Why then are non-muslims threatened with death when they challenge mohammed or his image?

If sharia is imposed on muslims in western society, and the punishment for a muslim apostate is death, (stonings and lashings for others) are we to stand by and let punishments (for hadads) we find abhorent and against our laws happen as it appears you have no alternatives? Explain how this works.

yes Sgoldie sharia is not imposed on non-muslims as you know You can not control the reaction of others may be violent (Must not be violent) But I am surprised why non-Muslims do not respect our feelings when they are insult our religion So, Note that any Christian or Jew here Will never allow me to criticize her/his religion, I am surprised when I criticized America's war on Iraq, you will find many Americans to justify without conscience and I accuse me I am anti-American I wonder Only for their own state even though it assaulted on the freedom of other countries and destroyed.

Where democracy while I was assaulted and violated and exterminated the others.

look, any Americans justify here certainly he/she do not deserve respect certainly.

Constitution that claims the democracy and adopts the war is never never respected nor Estimator ..

Confine happiness for myself and people, while others do not is the epitome of brutal and selfishness

if it was my country I wouldn't love her

Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM

Imanway, why must every discussion about sharia be turned, by you, into a tirade about the Iraq War or some other diversion?

Please stay on topic.

And for the last time (doubtful), criticism is not the same as disrespect. Either Islam is strong enough to survive an honest critique...or it's a sham.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
No, it is not at all reasonable to punish the victim, which is why our system of justice--while not 100% perfect--focuses on the accused person.

I can only think of one instance where a victim would be punished...and that is if they were found to have made a false accusation with intent to harm the accused. [If I'm wrong, please correct me, I'm no legal scholar]

may is that. I dunno.. there are situations occur I do not know why!

My apologies, it was a reference to a quiz show we have here. Near the end of the show, to determine the final winner, a difficult question is posed to the three contestants...and a musical theme is played while they take extra time in formulating their answers.

I envisioned it playing while we waited patiently for your answer.

YES . thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Imanway, why must every discussion about sharia be turned, by you, into a tirade about the Iraq War or some other diversion?

Please stay on topic.

And for the last time (doubtful), criticism is not the same as disrespect. Either Islam is strong enough to survive an honest critique...or it's a sham.

No, not for speech about the sharia but It came to my mind after Sgoldie's asking to me, Adopts America's war on Iraq makes me surprised when its people say we are the people of democracy and freedom

it provokes me as Sharia would be provoke you also how the Contradiction!

Old 07-30-2010, 02:08 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,074,737 times
Sharia law offers nothing to western democracies because it is based on assumptions that we don't accept. Religion is not for everyone--we believe it is a personal choice so the institutions of our society are not based on a religion.

Sharia law requires acceptance of religious oversight in the institutions and governmental structures of a society. It would be an anathema to anyone who is not religious or who holds non-Islamic views. So there is no argument whatsoever for Sharia law in our society unless you want to change the fundamental principles, mores, and values underpining our lives. For me, no thanks.

I don't want anyone telling me how to lead my personal life.

As for women in Islam preferring the cloak of protection of Sharia law--that is all they know. I wonder how many would want to go back to that sheltered childish existance after they became educated, independent, self-sufficient people and proud of it. Very few, I would imagine.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,978,256 times
Quote:
LOL. Sites which broadcast false information and news is very silly as fabricate the truth, take a small part of it and add a hundred lies.

Almost, kill me,the ridiculous news

really, It seems that people will never kick a dog is dead
These are not false by any means....There are literally hundreds more like these. You are are a woman and should be aware of this.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
No, not for speech about the sharia but It came to my mind after Sgoldie's asking to me, Adopts America's war on Iraq makes me surprised when its people say we are the people of democracy and freedom

it provokes me as Sharia would be provoke you also how the Contradiction!
As with most countries, the U.S. leaders are never elected in by 100% of the voters. There was never 100% American agreement for the Iraq war or any other, for that matter.

I've already told you in a DM what my feelings are regarding the wars, and that still stands. As an American it is my RIGHT to disagree with my government, and I do so within a secular society with secular laws.

I know that the subject is close to your heart because of your own location...however, the subject OF THIS THREAD is that of sharia, NOT the Iraq war.

That has nothing to do with democracy and freedom, but everything to do with the rules of this website.

So, back to the subject at hand:

Why would Westerners want or need Sharia?

The common message from us westerners is that we do NOT want or need it. We've shown you illustrations as to why we disagree with it.

Have you ever actually been to a Western/European country for any length of time?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:23 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,665,336 times
Some (unfortunately not-so-shocking-anymore-because-it-is-Taliban) visuals in TIME about treatment women in Afghanistan:
A Visual Introduction To An Afghan Woman's Mutilation

Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,022,808 times
Quote:
I guarantee you that you will not lose your freedom as long as you are alive, stay well

True, but I am not worried about me..... I am worried about in the future, they might lose their freedom from Muslims who want to change the nature of my country and its form of government.

All I have seen from you is a unending support of sharia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam