U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times

Advertisements

[quote=eanassir;15397319]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

This is not any pride; but only the Quran is superior to other books and the faith is superior to atheism and disbelife.

I did not quote this, it is from Eanassir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 AM

30,883 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Quote:

Forum glitch....I fixed it

Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,373,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
And what's your objection one by one?
Have you any book from God better than the Quran that we may follow?
[quote=eanassir;15397319]
Quote:

This is not any pride; but only the Quran is superior to other books and the faith is superior to atheism and disbelife.
Blah Blah Blah.

Apparently by your own admission and rants you are one of those lesser humans who desperately needs a guidebook in order to live a thoughtful, ethical and peaceful lifestyle. Atheists do not. We are quite capable of figuring out proper behavior on our own. We're independent and critical thinkers and thus present you with your greatest challenge. Therefore Islam will never make any headway with us using it's childish, ignorant and insulting posts, strictures, mandates and chants.

As well, your threads are tiresome, boring and repetitive, and you won't respond to honest debate. Example: I asked you, some time back, to discuss several specific items from the Qu'Ran, for which I provided the references. You ignored them. Of course, they all dealt with violent, biased and chauvinistic mandates, right out of your cherished daily guidebook!

Of course, you saw the obvious trap and avoided it. But it's still there. As sanspeur notes, you selectively quote-mine, as the Christians also do. At least their Church is, over time, capable of some evolution and social change. Islam? Apparently not.

That's why Islam is doomed too remain the religion of the ignorant nd illiterate, run by arrogant and hostile chauvinistic, brutal greed-mongers. It will end, predictably, with a "bang", not a whimper.

I for one, can hardly wait. It's not good to have rats loose in the house, after all...

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,579,359 times
All this is only Blah Blah Blah.

Many atheists altogether shout, so which shout shall I reply to?

Will the atheist respond? No, unless God Himself permit.

The atheist and disbeliever and idolater will discover that he was wrong: that is when he dies, but evenso I think he will keep up to his doctrines and his friends; so it may be keeping him in Hell forever may be essential and at last after passing of eras and long periods in Hell suffering its flames (he is an ethereal spiritual soul at that time); then may it be enough and he will refrain from opposing God his Creator and Master.

Last edited by eanassir; 08-10-2010 at 10:07 AM..

Old 08-10-2010, 10:05 AM

More good morale and good conduct in the Quran

As in the Quran 3: 136
Read Quran in Uthmani Script Online

The explanation:
(And obey God and the messenger [Mohammed]; haply so you will have [God's] mercy.

[Vie with one another and] hurry to [have] forgiveness from your Lord [by giving alms] and [to enter] a Garden, whose extent is [like the extent] of the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off [the disobedience of God.]

[Those] that expend in alms, in [both] prosperity and adversity, and restrain their rage [concerning those transgressing on them], and pardon [the offences of] men; God loves the charity-doer [that are kind.]

Who, on committing an indecency or wronging themselves, they remember God and pray forgiveness for their sins – and who can forgive sins but God? – and they do not insist on [the sins] they have done, whereas they know [that repentance will not be accepted with persisting on the disobedience.]

For such [expenders], the reward will be forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens [in the afterlife] underneath [the trees of] which rivers flow, to abide therein forever; how excellent a reward [will that be] for those that work [earnestly, in God's way.])

www.quran-ayat.com

Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM

Excellent manner of conduct in the Quran

This is in the Quran 25: 63-74

The explanation:
(The [faithful] servants of [God] Most Gracious are those who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the ignorant address them answer: "Peace [to you.]"

Who pass the night [obedient] prostrate to their Lord and standing.

Who say: "Our Lord, avert from us the doom of Hell; surely its doom is an extreme loss."
Evil, indeed, will it be [as] a settlement and [as] an abode.

And those who when they spend are neither extravagant nor miserly, but they make their livelihood between these [two extremes.]

And those who call not upon another god, along with God;
and kill not the [living] person that God has prohibited [its killing] save for the right [cause]; and do not commit fornication: for he who does that shall meet with a penalty for his sins.

Doubled shall be the chastisement for him on the Judgment Day, and he shall abide therein humbled.
Unless he repents, believes and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil [habits] of such [persons] into good, and God is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
And whoever repents and works righteous [deeds, should] turn to God with a permanent repentance.

And those who witness not falsehood; and when they pass by futility, they only pass by honorably.

And those who, when they are reminded of the revelations of their Lord [when they are about to commit a sin], they fall not deaf and blind thereat.

And those who say: "Our Lord, grant us from our wives [sons] and [from] our seed [grandsons] that which may cause contentment of our eyes, and make us models to those who ward off [sins.]

These will be rewarded with a most beautiful building [in Paradise] because they endured patiently, and they will meet therein with greeting [of the angels] and the word of "Peace" to each other.
Abiding therein for ever. Happy indeed will it be [as] a settlement and [as] an abode.

www.quran-ayat.com

Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
It will end, predictably, with a "bang", not a whimper.

I for one, can hardly wait. It's not good to have rats loose in the house, after all...
The real difficulty with the Bang vs. Whimper problem is that the 'bang' option is likely to be very ugly...and will take out more than just the rats.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM

[quote=Jazzymom;15397886]
Quote:

This is according to the Quran 5: 48

The explanation:
([Mohammed] We have revealed to you [Mohammed] the scripture [: the Quran] with [explanation of] the truth [with Gabriel, who is] confirming the scripture that is by his hands, and supervising it.

So judge them according to what God has revealed [in the Quran], and do not follow their caprices, other than the truth that has come to you.

To each [nation] of you [: Jews, Christians and Muslims] We have prescribed a divine program [to work accordingly] and a law [to judge accordingly.]

If God wills, He can make you one nation [in the time of the Mahdi: the Paraclite]; but that He may try you in what [laws] He has given you [to see which of you obeys and which disobeys];

so race with each other in all virtues [before becoming disabled or ill];
to God['s judgment] shall you return altogether [after death]; and He will inform you of that [religious affairs] whereon you were at variance.)

www.quran-ayat.com

Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 PM

[quote=rifleman;15399540]
Quote:

Blah Blah Blah.

Example: I asked you, some time back, to discuss several specific items from the Qu'Ran, for which I provided the references. You ignored them. Of course, they all dealt with violent, biased and chauvinistic mandates, right out of your cherished daily guidebook!

Tell me about that and give it point by point.

See this also about the good manner of behavior as enjoined in the Glorious Quran to which no falsehood may touch whether beforehand or later on: it is the word of the Most Wise and All-Knowing God.

1- God commands justice, kindness and giving to kinsfolk; He forbids indecency, abomination and transgression

This is in the Quran 16: 90

The explanation:
(God commands justice, kindness and giving to kinsfolk; He forbids indecency, abomination and transgression;
He exhorts you [people, with such instructions] that you may accept the admonition.

[O Muslims,] fulfill God's covenant when you have entered into it, and break not oaths, after having ratified, and [after] you have made God your 'Surety'; [for] God knows all that you do.)

2- God commands in the Quran to restore the trusts to their owners, and to judge with justice between people

This is in the Quran 4: 58

The explanation:
(Surely, God commands you restore your trusts to their owners, and when you judge between men to judge with justice.

Surely, excellent is that God admonishes you with; surely, God is All-Hearing and All-Seeing.)

www.quran-ayat.com

Old 08-12-2010, 05:56 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,938,841 times
Man, I didn't realize I wandered into the "enassir blogging about Islam" forum. Which way is it to the religion & philosophy discussion group from here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam