U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 AM

109 posts, read 245,552 times

Advertisements

I'm not even going to get involved in this one...but I wanted to say, "Great Post!" to BrittZ. I love it.

BTW, Allah is not Jehovah, and Mohammed was a murderer and a pervert.

Islam is the enemy of America, and is a danger to us all.

Their own literature, whether they want to admit it or not, demands for them to kill us.

It's a sick, wicked cult. I mean, just look at their country. We've been over there for years, and they can't stop fighting! Why? Because they don't think they'll get their virgins if they do. ...You know?

Aww, man! Now, I went and did it. I got involved. Look, I apologize. Really. But how blind are we going to be? Sheesh.

Thanks for reading, friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,012,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1611 View Post
I'm not even going to get involved in this one...but I wanted to say, "Great Post!" to BrittZ. I love it.

BTW, Allah is not Jehovah, and Mohammed was a murderer and a pervert.

Islam is the enemy of America, and is a danger to us all.

Their own literature, whether they want to admit it or not, demands for them to kill us.

It's a sick, wicked cult. I mean, just look at their country. We've been over there for years, and they can't stop fighting! Why? Because they don't think they'll get their virgins if they do. ...You know?

Aww, man! Now, I went and did it. I got involved. Look, I apologize. Really. But how blind are we going to be? Sheesh.

Their country ? What country ? Islam is not a country and by the way Iraq used to be the most secular nation in the middle east before we decided to bomb them back to the stone age. The US have managed to achieve something amazing by their invasion and occupation, now Iraq and Iran have something in common. Talk about making a problem about 5000 times worse for yourself. Great strategy.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,278,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
You've never actually met anyone from Iran, have you?
I have met several and they tend to think very much like Magnum Mike about their ex-countrymen. Most still call the region Persia and are quite hostile to being called Iranian. They are saddened by what has happened to their country over the last 25 years. I can see they are also saddened by what is happening to their religion too.

I have seen literature that the Islamic community is putting out to combat the perception that the radical Islamist is the average Islamist, but I have not seen much in the way of attempts to curb the radicals by the mainstream Islamist.

I suspect they do not know how to deal with them any better than we do.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 AM

109 posts, read 245,552 times
Default Hmm..

Thank you for correcting me, Mooseketeer. True, Islam does not indeed, have a country. I apologize, and I certainly did not mean to insinuate that Islam did have a country.

However, I feel that you understood, though, that I was talking about Iraq.

Also, I am not revealing what I believe about our troops being over there and the status of the war. That's far too complex for anyone else here on this forum to have to put up with. But for you to assume that all of what is happening over there is my "strategy" is somewhat...well...overassuming, to put it nicely.

Anyhow, I believe that since our troops are over there, we should support them in any way we can. But here's what I'm saying: They (the Islamics in Iraq) have a great opportunity to advance, whether we were the ones who set them back or not (and I personally do not believe that we did). But they won't stop fighting! NOTHING will stop them from having their civil war! I mean, look at the other Islamic nations! Burning gas stations? How ignorant and juvenile! That's something I would expect with a sixth grader! I mean, what kind of unmitigated violence are we dealing with, here? Oh, yes, the violence that is encouraged in the Koran. What a great religion, huh?

And again, why should they stop? Their book of hatred and destruction mandates this war.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:58 AM

51,816 posts, read 29,888,322 times
The thing that I wonder about radical Islamists is why they're hell-bent on destroying Israel and taking the holy land back? It was never theirs to begin with, the land of Israel belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and not Ishmael.

Throughout recent history, Muslim Arab nations tried to take over the holy land and they never succeeded. They tried in 1956, 1967, and 1973, and failed everytime. Several nations against one, very much like David against Goliath. If that's not a sign God doesn't want them to rule the holy land, then I'm not sure what is? Nowadays you got Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda trying to do the same thing.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:09 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times
I left a Wednesday night bible study at our Church one night because the Bible lesson turned into the most hateful, godless, name calling session I had ever seen From what I know, the basic idea of Islam is love (sound familiar) It is also my understanding that ALLAH is the same god we worship. There are radical broken off sects in Islam, just as there are in Christianity. There are cults claiming to be christian, these cults are very dangerous..I pray that the good people of islam don't judge us by some of the famous cults of christianity. IMO . The war in Iraq is not about religion as the governments of the nations want us to think. The war is over oil oil,oil, power,power,power, money, money, money..

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,012,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
The thing that I wonder about radical Islamists is why they're hell-bent on destroying Israel and taking the holy land back? It was never theirs to begin with, the land of Israel belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and not Ishmael.

Throughout recent history, Muslim Arab nations tried to take over the holy land and they never succeeded. They tried in 1956, 1967, and 1973, and failed everytime. Several nations against one, very much like David against Goliath. If that's not a sign God doesn't want them to rule the holy land, then I'm not sure what is? Nowadays you got Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda trying to do the same thing.

By that reasoning you better get out of America unless you are a Native American ! And any other non natives out of whichever country they colonised. Plus I think the issues are slightly more complex than your assessment of them !

Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 AM

508 posts, read 1,548,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

For three thousand years since the time God gave Jerusalem to Abraham, there has been little peace in the City of God. Unfortunately, the Jews after being warned in 2 Chronicles 7:19-20 "If you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go serve other gods, and worship them, then I will uproot you from My land which I have given to you, and this house, which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of my sight, and will make it a proverb and byword among all people." ended up giving credit not to God but to idols that they had made for themselves.

God gave his judgement on them for this disobedience in Jeremiah 9:13-16 "Because they have forsaken My law which I set before them, and have not obeyed My voice, nor walked according to it, but they have walked according to the dictates of their own hearts and after the Baals . . . I will scatter them also among the Gentiles."

Fastforward roughly 1600 years to the time when the barbarian Muhammad came on the scene and became a military leader and lets see how it might have come to be that Muhammad the military leader of a group of rebels decided it was divine inspiration that he and the Muslims were granted the right to Jerusalem. Muhammad had already shown himself to be power hungry, greedy, and willing to murder, rape, and destroy in order to gain power and wealth. Jerusalem is situated in the Judean hillsides which were easily defensible and roughly 30 miles to the Mediterranian. Almost all major highways connecting Egypt, Europe, and Africa were controlled by Jerusalem. Whoever was in control of Jerusalem was in control of the entire Middle East both economically and militarily. Sounds like a perfect spot for a power hungry, blood thirsty maniac like Muhammad to set his sights on.

From the moment Muhammad recognized the strategic power of Jerusalem, he made it his goal to take control of the city. At first he tried to do it peacefully by converting the Jews to Islam. Because they remained in their faith, Muhammad had a revelation from "Allah" which gave him and all Muslims the right to fight and kill the Jews and anyone who helped them (Christians) in an effort to gain control of Jerusalem and that is exactly what the Muslims have been doing now for the past 1400 years.

That is why the Muslims want control of Jerusalem. They want the political and economic power that comes from controlling the City of God.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM

508 posts, read 1,548,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I left a Wednesday night bible study at our Church one night because the Bible lesson turned into the most hateful, godless, name calling session I had ever seen From what I know, the basic idea of Islam is love (sound familiar) It is also my understanding that ALLAH is the same god we worship. There are radical broken off sects in Islam, just as there are in Christianity. There are cults claiming to be christian, these cults are very dangerous..I pray that the good people of islam don't judge us by some of the famous cults of christianity. IMO . The war in Iraq is not about religion as the governments of the nations want us to think. The war is over oil oil,oil, power,power,power, money, money, money..
Blue, do the research on how Muhammad lived his life. He was a murderer, rapist, pedophile, and generally could have probably run heads up with Hitler in his treatement of the Jews. I don't want to repost it because of its length, but take a look at a brief history of Muhammad and how he started his religion in my post on page 2 of this thread. By the way, the word Islam means submission, not peace and the word Allah is take from an ancient Arabic name for the "moon god" I have no doubt that there are peaceful people who practice the Muslim religion, but as sad as it sounds, I would say that those people are to Islam what people who wage war in the name of Christ are to Christianity. They both represent the polar opposite of the teachings of the religion.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times
Thanks brittz, the moon goddess is something new to me, and I will definitely look into it..I am always too apt to voice an opinion, before I know all the facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or