Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 PM

227 posts, read 344,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles...radictions.htm

And here's another error. Have you heard of something known as evolution? Islam hasn't. The Qur'an gives a creation account similar to that of christianity. Have you not heard the good news? Evolution is the cornerstone of biology and is a proven fact of life. Have you heard something else? The Quran account of creation, just like that of the bible, is baseless, unsubstantiated and not even remotely proven.
New Index, The Answer to Answering Islam, Main Page. The response to claims of contradiction in the Holy Quran.
and here the answsers which deny all these contradictions ... its semply misunderstand the meaning of the verses ... you first try search the explain of any verse and try to understand the reason "why God tell that" ... because each verse had a history and a reason for ... than juge ... if you read the Quran without refer to the his explain (tafseer ) its hard to understand it without his explain .

http://www.altafsir.com (http://www.tafseer.net/ - broken link)

Last edited by insan777; 08-23-2010 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:53 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles...radictions.htm

And here's another error. Have you heard of something known as evolution? Islam hasn't. The Qur'an gives a creation account similar to that of christianity. Have you not heard the good news? Evolution is the cornerstone of biology and is a proven fact of life. Have you heard something else? The Quran account of creation, just like that of the bible, is baseless, unsubstantiated and not even remotely proven.
I hate to tell you, but nothing requires more faith than macro evolution. And is it a proven fact of life? Whoa, there son. No proofs. It's still called the THEORY of Evolution. If you go backwards, it requires an incredible amount of faith. There are no proofs of life going from simple organic compounds to even a little complex life. I've heard of the analogy: It's like a tornado ripping through a lumber yard and building a house. Entropy causes things to go from order to disorder, not the other way around. I do believe life can minorly adapt within it's own range of adaptations, but please don't use the term proven fact of life with evolution. Maybe, maybe not.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I hate to tell you, but nothing requires more faith than macro evolution. And is it a proven fact of life? Whoa, there son. No proofs. It's still called the THEORY of Evolution. If you go backwards, it requires an incredible amount of faith. There are no proofs of life going from simple organic compounds to even a little complex life. I've heard of the analogy: It's like a tornado ripping through a lumber yard and building a house. Entropy causes things to go from order to disorder, not the other way around. I do believe life can minorly adapt within it's own range of adaptations, but please don't use the term proven fact of life with evolution. Maybe, maybe not.
As the always the IDer comes on spouting nothing but their complete ignorance and dishonesty about evolution. It has been explained a thousand times that evolution is a scientific theory which is different than a layman's theory. I don't see why creationists get so bamboozled by that fact. Also, you don't understand the 2nd law of thermodynamics: entropy causes disorder in a closed space. An example of this is a cup of coffee. The world is an open space because the sun affects it. Maybe you should start actually learning something. I'm not talking about places like AiG or the Discovery Institute. I'm mean actual biologists rather than some kook that thinks the world is made of tuna. Evolution is a fact of life and if you would actually decide to learn something about it then you would know that.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
juj

Quote:
As the always the IDer comes on spouting nothing but their complete ignorance and dishonesty about evolution. It has been explained a thousand times that evolution is a scientific theory which is different than a layman's theory. I don't see why creationists get so bamboozled by that fact. Also, you don't understand the 2nd law of thermodynamics: entropy causes disorder in a closed space. An example of this is a cup of coffee. The world is an open space because the sun affects it. Maybe you should start actually learning something. I'm not talking about places like AiG or the Discovery Institute. I'm mean actual biologists rather than some kook that thinks the world is made of tuna. Evolution is a fact of life and if you would actually decide to learn something about it then you would know that.
Okay, fine. Please provide proof to me that you can turn a few compounds into organized life, say algae? I remember reading of all the things necessary to must randomly happen pretty much at the same time for this to happen. The odds were so low for it to happen, they didn't want to give it a number. So, provide me your proof or someone else's that it indeed occurred. Provide me proof where you don't have to make a leap of, dare I say, faith to get from one state to the other. I'll be waiting.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM

227 posts, read 344,944 times
Quote:
The Sun

In our solar system, the Sun is the star which the Earth orbits. (Science)

According to Islam, the Sun is the star which orbits the Earth. (Qu'ran 13:2)

I can give you more if you want.
you did not found the verse in the Quran who mention to " the sun is star which oribts the earth " right ????
you are one of two ... 1-a lair ...2- or some one lie to you and you believe

if you want a explain of any verse of Quran you must have a book called Tafseer Al-Quran...

Remark : I give you lots contradiction in the Bible

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ast-his-2.html

... and no one deny these contradictions ...because its realy contradictions not lies and misunderstand as you posts about Quran .

Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
you did not found the verse in the Quran who mention to " the sun is star which oribts the earth " right ????
you are one of two ... 1-a lair ...2- or some one lie to you and you believe

if you want a explain of any verse of Quran you must have a book called Tafseer Al-Quran...

Remark : I give you lots contradiction in the Bible

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ast-his-2.html

... and no one deny these contradictions ...because its realy contradictions not lies and misunderstand as you posts about Quran .

Boy you sure are getting upset. The Qur'an is just a book and not inerrant. I will never understand why Muslims and Christians need to stoop to insulting others because they aren't agreed with.....

Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Boy you sure are getting upset. The Qur'an is just a book and not inerrant. I will never understand why Muslims and Christians need to stoop to insulting others because they aren't agreed with.....
However, the QURAN IS written in timeless verse for the application of dating eventually leading to the ALPHA-OMEGA ideal. SO there must be for it's interpretation something of overcoming erroneous morals which on the occasion are realizable by the bible.

I believe that at the least insan777 means the bible develops less into a mood of common Fasting worship, if anything. Someone reads an erroneous passage in the bible: why should He go on fasting? Du..aaah....

Old 08-24-2010, 02:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
At this moment, I am particularly happy to be an Athiest.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 PM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
At this moment, I am particularly happy to be an Athiest.
And God bless you for that!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:37 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Okay, fine. Please provide proof to me that you can turn a few compounds into organized life, say algae? I remember reading of all the things necessary to must randomly happen pretty much at the same time for this to happen. The odds were so low for it to happen, they didn't want to give it a number. So, provide me your proof or someone else's that it indeed occurred. Provide me proof where you don't have to make a leap of, dare I say, faith to get from one state to the other. I'll be waiting.
Scientists Create First Self-Replicating Synthetic Life.

Quote:
Washington, D.C. - Today, world-renowned scientist Dr. J. Craig Venter announced that he and his team at the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI) became the first in history to synthetically create a living, self-replicating cell. The news holds groundbreaking potential for solutions to a host of global challenges, including generating new food sources, pharmaceuticals and vaccines; cleaning up pollution; creating new energy sources; producing clean water; and more.
Press Announcment: Creating Synthetic Life : Science Channel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam