U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,996,789 times

Advertisements

juj: Didn't have to wait for long, didya? BTW, thank god I'm an atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM

227 posts, read 303,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Boy you sure are getting upset. The Qur'an is just a book and not inerrant. I will never understand why Muslims and Christians need to stoop to insulting others because they aren't agreed with.....
I am not upset i just showning what i have (argument and proofs ) show me what you got ... and if you considere the Quran just a book and not inerrant ... I want to tell you that is not true ... because you don't have any proof deny the Quran ... you just talking without arguments .... and this arguments is not true , its fake ..... I told you just chatting blah blah blah

Quote:
agnostic soldier said :
The Sun

In our solar system, the Sun is the star which the Earth orbits. (Science)

According to Islam, the Sun is the star which orbits the Earth. (Qu'ran 13:2)

I can give you more if you want.

agnostic soldier post this !!! and its not true

Old 08-24-2010, 08:21 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
I am not upset i showning the truth ... and if you considere the Quran just a book and not inerrant ... I want to tell you that is not true ... because you don't have any proof deny the Quran ... you just talking without arguments .... and this arguments is not true , its fake

I consider Islam to be a religion just like any other. Like Christianity is a religion just like any other.

I don't need proof because I don't consider Islam or Christianity to have the only truth.

It is that simple in my view.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:24 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,335,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
juj: Didn't have to wait for long, didya? BTW, thank god I'm an atheist.
Okay, let me say a few things. First, I am glad I can bring such joy to folks. Two, I believe as other Catholics believe, that truth shall not trump truth. So as science discovers new things and it's proven to be true, then I will embrace that truth whatever it is. Third, This article does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PROVE LIFE CAN EVOLVE FROM A FEW CHEMICALS. What this guy did, however cool but dangerous, was assemble custom DNA and stick it into AN EXISTING LIFEFORM to replace it's DNA and create something that would split into two cells. This is what you come up with as proof that life can evolve from organic chemicals? Try again folks. This is just high-tech genetic engineering and has nothing to do with proto life spawning from the organic soup.

It is a very facinating subject, but I notice they don't address any of the dangers of creating a new bacteria. Yikes.

Sanspeur, I expect better from you.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I consider Islam to be a religion just like any other. Like Christianity is a religion just like any other.

I don't need proof because I don't consider Islam or Christianity to have the only truth.

It is that simple in my view.
I considere the Islam is the closest way to the heaven ... tell me why ?
because if the jews believe in Moses (PUH) and they will be in the paradise we will be with them because we believe in God (Allah , Eli , Elohim) and Moses (PUH) his Prophet and his messenger .
and If the Christains will be in the heaven we will be with them ( nor the jews of course) because we and the christians believing in Jesus (PUH) as messeger and Prophet ... but if Islam is the correct religion only we (the Muslims ) will be got the paradise ( nor the christians , nor the jews) lol

Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
I considere the Islam is the closest way to the heaven ... tell me why ?
because if the jews believe in Moses (PUH) and they will be in the paradise we will be with them because we believe in God (Allah , Eli , Elohim) and Moses (PUH) his Prophet and his messenger .
and If the Christains will be in the heaven we will be with them ( nor the jews of course) because we and the christians believing in Jesus (PUH) as messeger and Prophet ... but if Islam is the correct religion only we (the Muslims ) will be got the paradise ( nor the christians , nor the jews) lol

See I don't worry about it. I don't need to prove anything to myself or anyone else. I worry about the kind of human I am in this life. Do I give to charity? Do I perform acts of loving kindness? Am I active with Tikkun Olam? Those are what I think about, not about some reward after I die.

The muslims and christians spend to much time worrying about heaven and who will get there.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,996,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Two, I believe as other Catholics believe, that truth shall not trump truth.
I converted to Catholicism at a much younger point, so I know about Catholicism. Much of what it accepts as "truth" is very questionable, and I question it. Its "truths" don't stand up to the scientific method. Truth doesn't trump truth, it only replaces previously mistaken "truth". Your phrasing it as "shall not" rather than "doesn't" gives your statement a doctrinaire sheen.
Quote:
What this guy did, however cool but dangerous...
Dangerous? How was it dangerous? I have an idea of what you're thinking, but I'll let you state it.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
See I don't worry about it. I don't need to prove anything to myself or anyone else. I worry about the kind of human I am in this life. Do I give to charity? Do I perform acts of loving kindness? Am I active with Tikkun Olam? Those are what I think about, not about some reward after I die.

The muslims and christians spend to much time worrying about heaven and who will get there.

I guess you a jewish because only the jewish who don't believe the hereafter life or the heaven and the hell ...
i have a question for you if you are a jewish , God sent you lot of prophets for what reason ?? for this life or for the next life ( hereafter ) hell and heaven ?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:10 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,335,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I converted to Catholicism at a much younger point, so I know about Catholicism. Much of what it accepts as "truth" is very questionable, and I question it. Its "truths" don't stand up to the scientific method. Truth doesn't trump truth, it only replaces previously mistaken "truth". Your phrasing it as "shall not" rather than "doesn't" gives your statement a doctrinaire sheen.
Dangerous? How was it dangerous? I have an idea of what you're thinking, but I'll let you state it.
The military implications are quite obvious and quite dangerous. And thanks for stating the obvious meaning of the truth phrase. So did you come up with something else to prove your position. I noticed how fast you jumped on that post from Sanspeur. You either didn't read or watch what he posted or didn't understand it. Kind of begs the question, who are the sheep and who are the thinkers?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:28 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,267,421 times
Quote:

EXACTLY....they focus on some alleged afterlife all while ignoring the things they should be doing in the HERE AND NOW which is taught in their holy books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or