U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:04 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
I guess you a jewish because only the jewish who don't believe the hereafter life or the heaven and the hell ...
i have a question for you if you are a jewish , God sent you lot of prophets for what reason ?? for this life or for the next life ( hereafter ) hell and heaven ?
Yes there is a world to come. We don't believe you have to be Jewish to be included in the world to come. Our prophets came for this life. In our history, to speak of events that happened. To speak of how we need to change. Yes I am Jewish! Before you speak to what Jews believe you might want to pick up a book and read it you might learn about Judaism.

There is not an emphasis on afterlife but this life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
I guess you a jewish because only the jewish who don't believe the hereafter life or the heaven and the hell ...
i have a question for you if you are a jewish , God sent you lot of prophets for what reason ?? for this life or for the next life ( hereafter ) hell and heaven ?
Our prophets, and they weren't so much "sent" as they were inspired, delivered specific messages. Period. And they weren't intended for anyone other than the people who happened to be alive when the particular prophet delivered them. Yeah, there are people running around today who act as though that wasn't the case, but they're wrong.

Hell is a Christian concept, not Jewish. And when you see the word "heaven" in Jewish scripture, it's usually just another way of saying "sky."

Old 08-25-2010, 12:00 PM

227 posts, read 303,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes there is a world to come. We don't believe you have to be Jewish to be included in the world to come. Our prophets came for this life. In our history, to speak of events that happened. To speak of how we need to change. Yes I am Jewish! Before you speak to what Jews believe you might want to pick up a book and read it you might learn about Judaism.

There is not an emphasis on afterlife but this life.
most of what you believe i believe that mean if you will be in the heaven we will be with you.... But we did not believe that Jacob fought the god ,,, and in the end Jacob won the God .... on general we believe that God is stronger and no one like him

Genesis 32:28

and these two verse of the bible proof that God will deny the jews and replace them by another nation (the arabs) lol

De 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people;
I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
Mt 21:43 43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
what God mean by this "foolish nation" he mention to the arabs or what ???

Old 08-25-2010, 05:50 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,173,354 times
All religions are great in my opinion. In their purest form they all offer wonderful ways in which one should strive to live their life and co-exist peacefully with one another. I believe that if various religions were looked at closely, one would find excellent (tenants, commandments, rules etc.) to live by and one would discover that there are actually more similarities than differences. Too bad there is no one that follows their religion perfectly, this is the source of many problems in the world, when the main message of the religion becomes distorted and used by people and nations for their own gain. But after-all, humans are not perfect and thus we have the violence and bigotry we see today in the world.

Although many may disagree with me on this, I believe we all look toward a higher power (those that practice some sort of religion or practice) and that higher power is too complex for anyone to completely understand. I think it is quite possible over time and with different cultures that the higher power (God-Allah-etc.) has been translated through various ways and various profits. Disagree with me if you wish, but after years of thinking and observing various religions, I honestly do respect all religions and can find very good points to all of them.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 PM

563 posts, read 800,175 times
Ahhhh.......a voice of reason.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:00 AM

46 posts, read 117,593 times
One God i.e. Allah (s.w.t). One Prophet i.e Muhammad (s.w.a) One book i.e. Holy Quran. What else Islam needs to be the perfect religion? Each and every thing in Islam has some logical evidence behind it but to know the real Islam One has to Know Allah (s.w.t) then Prophet Muhammad (s.w.t) and not just read Quran but understand what it says.

After doing these things one must get to know that Islam is the perfect religion.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 AM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
One God i.e. Allah (s.w.t). One Prophet i.e Muhammad (s.w.a) One book i.e. Holy Quran. What else Islam needs to be the perfect religion?
Stop trying to be a government . . . separate church and state. Bring your barbarous culture into the 21st century like the rest of the civilized world. Educate your people from their illiterate and ignorant beliefs instead of focusing on the barbarous DEEN of Islam. Abandon your dangerous and absurd dreams of conquering the whole world and bringing it under Islamic rule. That would be a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or