U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2010, 05:40 PM
 
3 posts, read 4,202 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Why Islam?
It is a frequent question that why Islam has this large area of discussion and why some Muslims try to present Islam to the world as the true religion. Since I'm Muslim, I can give in these few lines the answer to this question "Why Islam?" .
First I'd like to give a slight explanation about life. God has created the human beings in this earth in which they can live and construct and He didn't leave them without guidance. Therefore, He successively sent prophets and messengers to people for this reason – guide them and instruct them to the right way. Hence, all prophets and messengers were sent to people for this reason. They are messengers of one God carrying one message to the people. They are like builders who successively build a big house till the last builder came to put the last stone on this house. They are also like sequent presidents who bear the responsibility of a country one after another, but there is no competition among the messengers for prophecy position. They are only chosen by God. People, therefore, have to believe in them all and obey the last messenger, as they have to believe in all the previous presidents of a country and obey the last one.
Coming back to the question "Why Islam?", There are many reasons which make Islam ahead:
•Because it is a universal religion and it was sent by God , Allah, to all mankind, not just to Arab world . And Islam's messenger, Muhammad, who was sent by Allah to all mankind too, is the last messenger, no one will be sent after him. He ordered his followers to believe in all messengers and all true scriptures without any distinction. Allah has said: "The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys." Al-Qur'an, 002.285 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])
•Because Islam is the only true religion which Allah has promised to preserve and which is still without any misinterpretation. The first source of Islam, Quran, which was being read by Muslims in the early period of Islam, is still the same Quran being read nowadays. In addition, there is a specific system of Islamic science which filters true traditions of prophet Muhammad, which is the second source of Islam, from the false ones which were inserted by Islam enemies or by ignorant people.
•Because Islam is a religion and a way of life which fits all people wherever and whenever they live. Since it is from Allah, the Creator of mankind and Who knows everything they need, Islam came to organize people's life in their homes, work places, markets and everywhere. It gives instructions on how to live with each other, with parents, with wife, with children, with elders, with youngers, with poor and weak people, with animals, with this universe, how to deal with enemies , with friends, in war , in peace .. etc. It is a constitution from Allah to people. Allah says in the Holly Quran : " Nothing have we omitted from the Book " Al-Qur'an, 006.038 (Al-Anaam [Cattle, Livestock])
•Because it is the unique religion which agrees with science and which invites people to think and look for facts. There are more than 247 verses from the Holly Quran which invite people to look, think and meditate that will lead to the science. For instance, Allah says in Quran : " And it is He who spread out the earth, and set thereon mountains standing firm and (flowing) rivers: and fruit of every kind He made in pairs, two and two: He draweth the night as a veil over the Day. Behold, verily in these things there are signs for those who consider! " Al-Qur'an, 013.003 (Ar-Rad [The Thunder])
•Finally because it is the religion which has specifically established man's right to living in dignity, protecting civilians during war, safeguarding captives' rights, the right to a fair trial, the right to equality, the right to freedom of worship, the right to freedom, the right to individual property, the right to home privacy, the right to the freedom of expression, the right to learning, the right to the freedom of belief, and the right to founding and joining benevolent societies. Islam has been a pioneer in specifying human rights, safeguarding them, and eventually putting them to practice .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 AM
 
3,566 posts, read 4,622,835 times
Reputation: 1851
What was the question again?

I think it's swell that you have a true religion. Except that in this country, we also have freedom from religion and therefore, instructions. And I guess, that the "true" religion depends on if you are Sunni or Shia, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,668 posts, read 20,324,154 times
Reputation: 21296
Default Well, I would say, "Why Christianity?"

I am not well versed in Christian apologetics, but I know a few things. Christianity( and Judaism which birthed Christianity,) if you will, preceded islam by many, many years. I think God had already revealed Himself in this way before islam ever came on the scene.

I am a Muslim, why should I consider becoming a Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,265,060 times
Reputation: 808
Why Islam? My question is.......considering where ALL religions originated from...why any religion at all????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 09:01 AM
 
Location: The ICT, KS
124 posts, read 154,234 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I am not well versed in Christian apologetics, but I know a few things. Christianity( and Judaism which birthed Christianity,) if you will, preceded islam by many, many years. I think God had already revealed Himself in this way before islam ever came on the scene.

I am a Muslim, why should I consider becoming a Christian?


And Zoroastrianism which started out this whole ethical monotheism thing preceded both....derp. Maybe you should be a Parsee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
 
3,566 posts, read 4,622,835 times
Reputation: 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Why Islam? My question is.......considering where ALL religions originated from...why any religion at all????????

Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 09:41 AM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,461,348 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I am not well versed in Christian apologetics, but I know a few things. Christianity( and Judaism which birthed Christianity,) if you will, preceded islam by many, many years. I think God had already revealed Himself in this way before islam ever came on the scene.

I am a Muslim, why should I consider becoming a Christian?
And before god and religions were ever invented by human beings, they didn't believe in gods or have religion. So gosh...everyone should be an atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,624 posts, read 11,064,148 times
Reputation: 19981
Quote:
Originally Posted by aforu View Post
Why Islam?
It is a frequent question that why Islam has this large area of discussion and why some Muslims try to present Islam to the world as the true religion. Since I'm Muslim, I can give in these few lines the answer to this question "Why Islam?" .
First I'd like to give a slight explanation about life. God has created the human beings in this earth in which they can live and construct and He didn't leave them without guidance. Therefore, He successively sent prophets and messengers to people for this reason – guide them and instruct them to the right way. Hence, all prophets and messengers were sent to people for this reason. They are messengers of one God carrying one message to the people. They are like builders who successively build a big house till the last builder came to put the last stone on this house. They are also like sequent presidents who bear the responsibility of a country one after another, but there is no competition among the messengers for prophecy position. They are only chosen by God. People, therefore, have to believe in them all and obey the last messenger, as they have to believe in all the previous presidents of a country and obey the last one.
Coming back to the question "Why Islam?", There are many reasons which make Islam ahead:
•Because it is a universal religion and it was sent by God , Allah, to all mankind, not just to Arab world . And Islam's messenger, Muhammad, who was sent by Allah to all mankind too, is the last messenger, no one will be sent after him. He ordered his followers to believe in all messengers and all true scriptures without any distinction. Allah has said: "The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys." Al-Qur'an, 002.285 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])
•Because Islam is the only true religion which Allah has promised to preserve and which is still without any misinterpretation. The first source of Islam, Quran, which was being read by Muslims in the early period of Islam, is still the same Quran being read nowadays. In addition, there is a specific system of Islamic science which filters true traditions of prophet Muhammad, which is the second source of Islam, from the false ones which were inserted by Islam enemies or by ignorant people.
•Because Islam is a religion and a way of life which fits all people wherever and whenever they live. Since it is from Allah, the Creator of mankind and Who knows everything they need, Islam came to organize people's life in their homes, work places, markets and everywhere. It gives instructions on how to live with each other, with parents, with wife, with children, with elders, with youngers, with poor and weak people, with animals, with this universe, how to deal with enemies , with friends, in war , in peace .. etc. It is a constitution from Allah to people. Allah says in the Holly Quran : " Nothing have we omitted from the Book " Al-Qur'an, 006.038 (Al-Anaam [Cattle, Livestock])
•Because it is the unique religion which agrees with science and which invites people to think and look for facts. There are more than 247 verses from the Holly Quran which invite people to look, think and meditate that will lead to the science. For instance, Allah says in Quran : " And it is He who spread out the earth, and set thereon mountains standing firm and (flowing) rivers: and fruit of every kind He made in pairs, two and two: He draweth the night as a veil over the Day. Behold, verily in these things there are signs for those who consider! " Al-Qur'an, 013.003 (Ar-Rad [The Thunder])
•Finally because it is the religion which has specifically established man's right to living in dignity, protecting civilians during war, safeguarding captives' rights, the right to a fair trial, the right to equality, the right to freedom of worship, the right to freedom, the right to individual property, the right to home privacy, the right to the freedom of expression, the right to learning, the right to the freedom of belief, and the right to founding and joining benevolent societies. Islam has been a pioneer in specifying human rights, safeguarding them, and eventually putting them to practice .

i can assure you, you are wrong.!!! zod is the true god. may zod make you see the light.

it's not good to post false data, zod is a god of truth..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,540,265 times
Reputation: 10490
Hint to the OP: when a person is practicing a religion, someone else can't walk in out of left field and propose that they switch sides. It's not like you can make a case, blow everyone away with your sheer logic and forceful presentation, and have them adopt your preferred religious practice.

What I'm trying to tell you is...save your breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by aforu View Post
Finally because it is the religion which has specifically established man's right to living in dignity, protecting civilians during war, safeguarding captives' rights, the right to a fair trial, the right to equality, the right to freedom of worship, the right to freedom, the right to individual property, the right to home privacy, the right to the freedom of expression, the right to learning, the right to the freedom of belief, and the right to founding and joining benevolent societies. Islam has been a pioneer in specifying human rights, safeguarding them, and eventually putting them to practice .
Is this a new form of Islam that I've never heard of before? I wonder what Shariah Law will have to say about this.

If you guys are going to continue to cut 'n paste nonsense, at least provide a link for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top