U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,327,737 times
Reputation: 6870

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Brother you have asked a good question and I really liked the way you wrote. Let me tell you that In Islam we do not follow everything blindly but there are few things like our faith in one God (Allah) which we never question. Other than that each every thing we followed is according to the teachings of Quran and Sunnah and we do have debates to make things clear and to make ourselves better Muslims.

Every thing being followed has a logic and proper evidence behind it. Following blindly is not the way to go.

Muhammad Emmad, I thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I find that if we of different faiths and beliefs can sit and talk to one another respectfully we can learn more about each other's beliefs, I am not a believer in any of, what I consider the organized religions, but I do have respect for those of different faiths and beliefs because this is what they believe and every one is entitled to their own belief or non-belief system. Respect can go a long ways in eliminating misconceptions. My brother may the Creator of us all look favorably upon you doing your holy month.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,184,458 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Well, thats what you think. I am not here for spamming. My only purpose is to make people specially the Muslims learn more about Islam and how to become better Muslims. Ramadan is Holy Month in which we usually pray excessively as compared to other months of the year.

My only purpose of this thread was to make people know about the taraweeh prayer and to motivate Muslims to offer this prayer regularly.
Oh, I completely understand your motives.

Muslims aren't here to learn about Islam...and they already know about Taraweeh.

But, by all means keep on spinning it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 11:44 PM
 
46 posts, read 117,593 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Oh, I completely understand your motives.

Muslims aren't here to learn about Islam...and they already know about Taraweeh.

But, by all means keep on spinning it.
O' really, thank you so much for informing me that muslims already know about taraweeh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 PM
 
46 posts, read 117,593 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Muhammad Emmad, I thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I find that if we of different faiths and beliefs can sit and talk to one another respectfully we can learn more about each other's beliefs, I am not a believer in any of, what I consider the organized religions, but I do have respect for those of different faiths and beliefs because this is what they believe and every one is entitled to their own belief or non-belief system. Respect can go a long ways in eliminating misconceptions. My brother may the Creator of us all look favorably upon you doing your holy month.osay

Dear, I really like the way you think. There are many people here who have nothing to say but to disrespect the other's religion and faith. I think that the respect and honor be shown to all the religions and faiths. What we must do is to always look for the facts and we should take things with open mind. Proving things with logic and evidence is the only way to make people believe rather than to impose you ideas on them and this is what Islam teaches us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 AM
 
40,040 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Dear, I really like the way you think. There are many people here who have nothing to say but to disrespect the other's religion and faith.
Direct disrespect of an intolerant DEEN dishonestly and deceptively presented as if it were like any other religion . . . is far more respectful of the dignity of those hearing it. Islam elevates dishonesty and deception of infidels DURING TRUCE (until you have numerical advantage) to a command of Allah and worthy of paradise. So save your dishonest proselytizing for those who are too naive' and stupid to understand Islam's true motives.
Quote:
I think that the respect and honor be shown to all the religions and faiths. What we must do is to always look for the facts and we should take things with open mind. Proving things with logic and evidence is the only way to make people believe rather than to impose you ideas on them and this is what Islam teaches us.
This is a blatant lie. Islam has no tolerance for any other religion . . . only truce periods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,327,737 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Direct disrespect of an intolerant DEEN dishonestly and deceptively presented as if it were like any other religion . . . is far more respectful of the dignity of those hearing it. Islam elevates dishonesty and deception of infidels DURING TRUCE (until you have numerical advantage) to a command of Allah and worthy of paradise. So save your dishonest proselytizing for those who are too naive' and stupid to understand Islam's true motives.This is a blatant lie. Islam has no tolerance for any other religion . . . only truce periods.

Mystic, no disrespect to you but you know the same thing could be said about Christianity. If both Christianity and Islam were to be looked upon equally, I think you'll find that there's a lot of similarity in that respect and I'm looking at it from a Native American point of view, I'm not a believer in organized religion but that doesn't mean I can't respect them, as a matter of fact I don't believe in any kind of religion, but I am a believer in the Creator and my culture, so as an outsider looking at both, I see too many similarities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 AM
 
46 posts, read 117,593 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Direct disrespect of an intolerant DEEN dishonestly and deceptively presented as if it were like any other religion . . . is far more respectful of the dignity of those hearing it. Islam elevates dishonesty and deception of infidels DURING TRUCE (until you have numerical advantage) to a command of Allah and worthy of paradise. So save your dishonest proselytizing for those who are too naive' and stupid to understand Islam's true motives.This is a blatant lie. Islam has no tolerance for any other religion . . . only truce periods.
I can't understand how can you say that Islam has no tolerance for any other religion. What is wrong with you? Do you even know Islam? By the way what do you want to prove by talking like this?

Such way of talking about someone's religion will create conflicts between the people. What do you get by doing this? Just bashing Islam always blindly while having no logical evidences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
 
40,040 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Mystic, no disrespect to you but you know the same thing could be said about Christianity. If both Christianity and Islam were to be looked upon equally, I think you'll find that there's a lot of similarity in that respect and I'm looking at it from a Native American point of view, I'm not a believer in organized religion but that doesn't mean I can't respect them, as a matter of fact I don't believe in any kind of religion, but I am a believer in the Creator and my culture, so as an outsider looking at both, I see too many similarities.
IF they were BOTH just religions . . . I would agree with you. But Islam is NOT just a religion . . . it is a DEEN (a government) and completely unlike ANY other religion. It is structurally incompatible with ANY other government or religion.

The many similarities and atrocities of organized religions are legion . . . so we are in agreement about their hateful properties. But the primary distinction with Islam is NOT MINOR. IT simply is NOT just another religion to be tolerated . . . though it deceptively presents itself as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
 
40,040 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
I can't understand how can you say that Islam has no tolerance for any other religion. What is wrong with you? Do you even know Islam? By the way what do you want to prove by talking like this?
The APPEARANCE of tolerance is only temporary until Islam becomes a strong enough presence and social force to achieve dominance and submission of all under Sharia. Your deceptions and "truce" periods can be long (Islam is very patient) . . . but your ultimate agenda is not hidden to those of us who have studied it thoroughly.
Quote:
Such way of talking about someone's religion will create conflicts between the people. What do you get by doing this? Just bashing Islam always blindly while having no logical evidences.
This appeal to tolerance is phony . . . since Islam is completely intolerant of ANY other religion. Under Islam there is only one God and only one religion, period . . . all else must EVENTUALLY be converted or surrender under dhimmitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,327,737 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
IF they were BOTH just religions . . . I would agree with you. But Islam is NOT just a religion . . . it is a DEEN (a government) and completely unlike ANY other religion. It is structurally incompatible with ANY other government or religion.

The many similarities and atrocities of organized religions are legion . . . so we are in agreement about their hateful properties. But the primary distinction with Islam is NOT MINOR. IT simply is NOT just another religion to be tolerated . . . though it deceptively presents itself as such.
Throughout Europe during the Dark Ages wasn't Christianity the supreme rule of the different European countries ? The Pope was the supreme ruler over most of the European countries and all of the different monarchy at that time answer to Rome, so I would say that there is a similarity with Islam if that's the case. During that period of time Christianity ruled everyone's life throughout Europe it was only with the establishment of the United States that Christianity lost its grip on ruling everybody's life. Who knows there may come a time when Islam can be separated from its government. But I still think that rather than calling each other derogatory names and at least be respectful to one another, things could be a lot better and possibly Christians, Moslems and Jews could live together in peace. It's just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top