U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:50 AM

46 posts, read 117,647 times

Advertisements

The prayer offered at the nights of the Holy month of Ramadan besides the Isha prayer is called the Taraweeh prayer. Unlike the prayers that are mandatory to perform taraweeh prayer is an obligatory sunnah of Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Though Taraweeh prayers is not mandatory to perform even then offering this prayer during the month of Ramadan is common practice among the Muslims as it is an act which has been liked very much by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w).

The books of hadith i.e. sahi-al-Bukhari and Sahi-al-Muslim have narrated that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) prayed one night in the mosque and the people followed him in the prayer. The next night He prayed again and more people followed him. The people gathered on the third and fourth night for the prayer but Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) didn’t show up. When Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was asked about this He said that the reason why he didn’t show up for the prayer is that He feared that this prayer would be made mandatory for the Muslims.

Taraweeh prayer is performed in the pairs of two raka’s ranging from minimum of 8 raka’s to the maximum of 20 raka’s. According to some Muslim Scholars there are total 8 raka’s of Taraweeh prayer whereas some have the opinion that it has total 20 raka’s. No matter what the maximum number of raka’s may be it must be performed in the pair of two raka’s. There is a proper way to offer taraweeh prayer which is necessary to follow.

The month of Ramadan is the time to act more religiously as a Muslims, to offer as much prayers as possible, to do the good deeds. It’s the time when one can easily wash of his/her sins and one of the best ways for the sins to be forgiven is to offer the Taraweeh prayer. According to Abu Hurayrah the prophet Muhammad S.A.W. said that “He who prays during the night in Ramadan with faith and seeking his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven.”

To learn more about the Taraweeh Prayer: Click Here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,461,348 times
Do you have a question for discussion? Or are you just cut-n-paste babbling again in hopes of converting someone? This isn't a "let's post random religious info" board, it's a DISCUSSION board.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,333,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
The prayer offered at the nights of the Holy month of Ramadan besides the Isha prayer is called the Taraweeh prayer. Unlike the prayers that are mandatory to perform taraweeh prayer is an obligatory sunnah of Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Though Taraweeh prayers is not mandatory to perform even then offering this prayer during the month of Ramadan is common practice among the Muslims as it is an act which has been liked very much by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w).

The books of hadith i.e. sahi-al-Bukhari and Sahi-al-Muslim have narrated that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) prayed one night in the mosque and the people followed him in the prayer. The next night He prayed again and more people followed him. The people gathered on the third and fourth night for the prayer but Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) didn’t show up. When Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was asked about this He said that the reason why he didn’t show up for the prayer is that He feared that this prayer would be made mandatory for the Muslims.

Taraweeh prayer is performed in the pairs of two raka’s ranging from minimum of 8 raka’s to the maximum of 20 raka’s. According to some Muslim Scholars there are total 8 raka’s of Taraweeh prayer whereas some have the opinion that it has total 20 raka’s. No matter what the maximum number of raka’s may be it must be performed in the pair of two raka’s. There is a proper way to offer taraweeh prayer which is necessary to follow.

The month of Ramadan is the time to act more religiously as a Muslims, to offer as much prayers as possible, to do the good deeds. It’s the time when one can easily wash of his/her sins and one of the best ways for the sins to be forgiven is to offer the Taraweeh prayer. According to Abu Hurayrah the prophet Muhammad S.A.W. said that “He who prays during the night in Ramadan with faith and seeking his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven.”

Muhammad Emmad, I find that the prayers that Muslims do during the month of Ramadan are quite interesting and that the website you provided, to me, is very informative of your religion, however, and I mean no disrespect, do Muslims ever debate the concepts of their religion or do you just believe without question?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Muhammad Emmad, I find that the prayers that Muslims do during the month of Ramadan are quite interesting and that the website you provided, to me, is very informative of your religion, however, and I mean no disrespect, do Muslims ever debate the concepts of their religion or do you just believe without question?
You are thinking this is a religion like any other . . . it is NOT . . . it is a DEEN. Submission without question is de rigueur. The Sunni and Shia fight and kill each other to achieve complete submission of the other (and all infidels) . . . They do not debate the relative merits because they have the only truth (you know the type . . . but far worse).

Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,187,270 times
Quote:

So, basically, your only purpose on this board is to spam us to death with endless threads on information we don't care about, am I right?

Wonderful.

Enjoy your Ramadan.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 PM

1,812 posts, read 1,169,977 times
Thank you for the post M.E. I hope all your posts help people see the truth that Islam is a cult more interested in dogma than a true relationship with god.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,000 times
Quote:

Ramadan kareem Muhammad Emmad

We Muslims are living feeling of spirituality in this month with Fasting and

Taraweeh prayers and Frequent reading the Qur'an

thanks to you post

imanway

Old 08-20-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Brother you have asked a good question and I really liked the way you wrote. Let me tell you that In Islam we do not follow everything blindly but there are few things like our faith in one God (Allah) which we never question. Other than that each every thing we followed is according to the teachings of Quran and Sunnah and we do have debates to make things clear and to make ourselves better Muslims.

Every thing being followed has a logic and proper evidence behind it. Following blindly is not the way to go.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
So, basically, your only purpose on this board is to spam us to death with endless threads on information we don't care about, am I right?

Wonderful.

Enjoy your Ramadan.
Well, thats what you think. I am not here for spamming. My only purpose is to make people specially the Muslims learn more about Islam and how to become better Muslims. Ramadan is Holy Month in which we usually pray excessively as compared to other months of the year.

My only purpose of this thread was to make people know about the taraweeh prayer and to motivate Muslims to offer this prayer regularly.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Do you have a question for discussion? Or are you just cut-n-paste babbling again in hopes of converting someone? This isn't a "let's post random religious info" board, it's a DISCUSSION board.
Well I think its not necessary to always have a question for discussion. This is some religious information regarding the taraweeh prayer which we (Muslims) offer during the month of Ramadan. There are so many other threads where you can have your discussion.

My purpose of posting this thread is to make people specially the Muslims learn about taraweeh prayer and how to worship Allah more and more during the holy month of ramadan.

So, if this thread deosn't appeal you, I cannot do anything about that. I can just say May God bless you and May God give you the vision, strength and ability to learn whats right, speak right and do the right things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam