U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,950,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Problem is, that's not what is happening. They are posting verses from their "holy" book, and simply doing cut-n-paste from internet sites. They're not asking questions, or posing discussion topics. It would be like one of the christians coming over into this forum, and merely posting a cut-n-paste bible verse, with no question or commentary attached. That's the stuff that needs to stay in the christianity forum.

We need an Islam forum, so that they can post their platitudes and their demands that everyone learn how to pray perfectly so that allah won't smite them, and so that they can express the joys of wearing submissive clothing, etc. If they actually have discussion topics or input on posted topics, then it's all good for them to post here. Otherwise, they want to babble koran, it should be in an islam forum.

What they're doing is the equivalent of an atheist posting a new topic on this forum entitled "There is no god", and offering no discussion on the subject. Just making a blanket statement. You know how fast that would be deleted? Pretty damned fast. But of course, we aren't allowed to offend the religious here, only the non-believers.

It would be refreshing if verse from any religious book were banned in R&P, save it for the choir in the christianity sub forum.

I will read about any persons thoughts, save for the few have completely drifted free from any connection to reality, but when an individual merely parrot the propaganda of their religion, <page down> it is skipped immediately, as nonsense from a book of fables can only support nonsense.

To the cut & paste of verse crowd here, you are supposed to be cognitive individuals capable of thought, so act like it an use your words to express your thoughts. Parrots do not think, they just parrot, at least attempt to appear smarter than a bird.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:51 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Lately this board is turning into a forum to proselytize for Islam. It is disturbing and maybe if they are just simple ignored the threads will go away.
I think that what we need is a combination of two things: one, ignore their threads. And two, an enforced ban on proselytizing, so that anyone who starts such a thread will not only have it shut down immediately, but they'll be banned from C-D.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,184,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Lately this board is turning into a forum to proselytize for Islam.
I agree.

Quote:
It is disturbing
I emphatically agree.

Quote:
...and maybe if they are just simple ignored the threads will go away.
You make a good point (I suggested it once myself ), but I don't think enough of the R&P posters will stay away to make an impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think that what we need is a combination of two things: one, ignore their threads. And two, an enforced ban on proselytizing, so that anyone who starts such a thread will not only have it shut down immediately, but they'll be banned from C-D.
I'm not sure why the only forum that is immune from proselytizing is A&A. So, about all we can do is try to ignore the threads, but again I don't think enough of us will refrain to make a difference.

At least the arabic script ban has been upheld. The last small bit that I saw (before it and the post were removed) I put through an online translator.

It was a message to other Muslims (that I'd wager we weren't supposed to see). THAT is creepy.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:41 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,308,172 times
Religion is obnoxious and can be toxic.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:53 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,854,046 times
Belief is something you either have or don't. You can't make non-believers believe all of a sudden through some copy and paste job or proselytizing. All that does is annoy people, much the same way telemarketers do.

Also, if anyone was/is seriously interested in Islam or Christianity, they'd already be doing things to learn more about them. Nobody needs C&P jobs or Christian links to help them out. Really, they don't.

If everyone could get these two basic things down, you'd see an end to all this stuff.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:35 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,700,409 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or