U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times

Advertisements

Lately this board is turning into a forum to proselytize for Islam. It is disturbing and maybe if they are just simple ignored the threads will go away.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,019,148 times
I see that. I am just ignoring it. I have no interest in Islam or discussing it.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,143,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Lately this board is turning into a forum to proselytize for Islam. It is disturbing and maybe if they are just simple ignored the threads will go away.
That's the problem with any forum labeled "Religion and Philosophy. People talk about religion.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
Old Chinese saying, keep your friends and family close and your enemies closer. That way you get to learn more about them.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:34 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,458,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
That's the problem with any forum labeled "Religion and Philosophy. People talk about religion.
Problem is, that's not what is happening. They are posting verses from their "holy" book, and simply doing cut-n-paste from internet sites. They're not asking questions, or posing discussion topics. It would be like one of the christians coming over into this forum, and merely posting a cut-n-paste bible verse, with no question or commentary attached. That's the stuff that needs to stay in the christianity forum.

We need an Islam forum, so that they can post their platitudes and their demands that everyone learn how to pray perfectly so that allah won't smite them, and so that they can express the joys of wearing submissive clothing, etc. If they actually have discussion topics or input on posted topics, then it's all good for them to post here. Otherwise, they want to babble koran, it should be in an islam forum.

What they're doing is the equivalent of an atheist posting a new topic on this forum entitled "There is no god", and offering no discussion on the subject. Just making a blanket statement. You know how fast that would be deleted? Pretty damned fast. But of course, we aren't allowed to offend the religious here, only the non-believers.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:42 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,630,548 times
I see the same thing with Christian posts. Posts with blanket statements about what will happen to everyone on Judgment Day. Christians and Atheists can do it, so why not Muslims? Just let them post, ignore the thread if you have nothing to contribute, and post in the threads you do care about.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,458,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I see the same thing with Christian posts. Posts with blanket statements about what will happen to everyone on Judgment Day. Christians and Atheists can do it, so why not Muslims? Just let them post, ignore the thread if you have nothing to contribute, and post in the threads you do care about.

Show me a post out here in the R&P forum that an atheist has started which is not a discussion topic or question.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,908,015 times
Personally they crack me up and hammers home the point in my head why I can NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER again come within 27 galaxies of EVER being a part of another religion in this life or any others to come should there be.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

Sorry but the atheists and Christians do not even come close to posting in the same way the Muslims are posting here. Its either a long cut and pasted stream of ayats from the Qur'an telling us how bad we are or a long informational post that is also cut and pasted. Neither are for a reasonable discussion.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 AM

13,624 posts, read 11,060,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Old Chinese saying, keep your friends and family close and your enemies closer. That way you get to learn more about them.
good one,, plus it's very entertaining to know that muslims should not make mistakes when praying to salsa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or