Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:15 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,486,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Seriously - how many Chrstians or Jews do you know would go through all this just to get cleaned up?

Wudu (Ablution): How to Perform

Say "Bismillah" (in the Name of Allah)

Wash hands 3 times

Use left hand to wash right hand, up to and including the wrist, 3 times.

Then, use right hand to wash left hand, up to and including the wrist, 3 times.

Rinse water in mouth 3 times

Cup right hand with water and put in mouth, then spit it out, 3 times.

Snuff water in nose 3 times

Wash face 3 times

Wash forearms 3 times

Wipe right forearm with left hand, all the way up to and including the elbow, 3 times.

Wipe left forearm with right hand, all the way up to and including the elbow, 3 times.

Wipe water over head/hair 1 times

It has been recorded that the Prophet used to wipe his head three different ways:

Wiping all of his head. 'Abdullah ibn Zaid reported that the Prophet wiped his entire head with his hands. He started with the front of his head, then moved to the back, and then returned his hands to the front.

Wiping over the turban only.

Said 'Amru ibn Umayyah, "I saw the Messenger of Allah wipe over his turban and shoes." (Related by Ahmad, al-Bukhari and Ibn Majah).

Bilal reported that the Prophet said, "Wipe over your shoes and head covering." (Related by Ahmad.)

'Umar once said, "May Allah not purify the one who does not consider wiping over the turban to be purifying." Many hadith have been related on this topic by al-Bukhari, Muslim and others. Most of the scholars agree with them.

Wiping over the front portion of the scalp and the turban. Al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah said that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, made ablution and wiped over the front portion of his scalp, his turban and his socks. (Related by Muslim.) There is, however, no strong hadith that he wiped over part of his head, even though al-Ma'idah: apparently implies it. It is also not sufficient just to wipe over locks of hair that proceed from the head or along the sides of the head.

If you are a female and a non-mahram male (or any non-Muslim who you believe may describe you to others) may see you (such as in a public bathroom, etc.), do not remove your hijab or niqab... keep it on and wipe over it.

Wipe the inside and back of ears 1 time

Wash both ears at the same time

Wash feet

Wash right foot, including the ankle, with left hand, 3 times.

Wipe between each toe on right foot, with left hand pinky, 1 time.

Wash left foot, including the ankle, with right hand, 3 times.

Wipe between each toe on left foot, with right hand pinky, 1 time.
No wonder Obama never makes in the office till 9:30

Old 08-23-2010, 12:25 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,432,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
thats not true. The quran is much different and meant to be taken more literal.
There's nothing in the Bible that says "don't take me literally." There are simply a lot of people who've figured out that it can't be taken literally because it isn't true.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Seriously - how many Chrstians or Jews do you know would go through all this just to get cleaned up?
How many Muslims do you know who actually take this seriously?

This stuff isn't in the Quran, I hate to bust your bubble.

You might as well say Christians hang on every word written by Emily Post.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,817,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is Islam really a worship of Lucifer?

God's brother, or Jesus's brother.

Things allowed in Islam, are totally opposite of those allowed in Christianity.
They are sins according to the Christian faith.

Why do we have holy wars?
Who or what is lucifer?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:30 AM

531 posts, read 336,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There's nothing in the Bible that says "don't take me literally." There are simply a lot of people who've figured out that it can't be taken literally because it isn't true.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Read the Quran. READ ABOUT MUHAMMAD. You are clearly clueless.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:34 AM

37,048 posts, read 41,988,658 times
All religions and ideologies breed fanatics. There are absolutely some Christian sects that take things far more seriously, and literally, than others. I suspect it's only the separation of church and government that has prevented some of the stranger religious aspects to creep into public life.

Last edited by Ceece; 08-23-2010 at 12:43 AM..

Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Read the Quran. READ ABOUT MUHAMMAD. You are clearly clueless.
Been there, done that. It put me to sleep. What does that have to do with what I said about the Bible?

Tons of people don't know that large swaths of it are not to be taken literally. They will argue with each other for hours trying to wring some doctrinal point or other out of, say, the Psalms. Talk about clueless.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,817,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
All religions and ideologies breed fanatics. There are absolute some Christian sects that take things far more seriously, and literally, than others. I suspect it's only the separation of church and government that has prevented some of the stranger religious aspects to creep into public life.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM

206 posts, read 570,128 times
This thread is a joke right?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM

531 posts, read 336,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
been there, done that. It put me to sleep. What does that have to do with what i said about the bible?

Tons of people don't know that large swaths of it are not to be taken literally. They will argue with each other for hours trying to wring some doctrinal point or other out of, say, the psalms. Talk about clueless.
what did you read from the quran?/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam