U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 AM

39 posts, read 54,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
It's not that Christians believe that all Muslims are bad and violent like their Jihadist brothers
With a bias like that, it doesn't really matter what YOU think as the majority of (decent) Christians that I know have no issues with Muslim people generally. And rightly so: Muslim people are amongst the most lovely, hospitable and moral people around.

Quote:
In addition, Orthodoxy Christianity believes that one should following the footsteps of Christ, to be an imitator of Christ in both his humiliy, treatment of others, and redemptive suffering. Orthodoxy Islam also believes in following the footsteps of Mohammed. I don't even have to go into the murdering, plundering, and pedophilia of this man to know that he certainly is NOT a man to follow.
Interesting. It's funny how Michael H Hart, an academic (and a non-muslim), places Muhammad in the Number One position as the most influential person in human history as a supremely successful model individual. Ahead of Jesus, St.Paul, Newton, Buddha, Mandela, Confucius, Moses, Einstien, plus a whole host of notable and distinguished individuals who have lived throughout history. Personally, I think I'd side with the academic on this one and not with your inaccurate ramblings.

Quote:
Therefore, I submit to you, that fringe Christians are doing the killing, but ORTHODOX Muslims are doing the killing. So what religion is truly a religion of peace and which one just gives lip service?
Fringe Christians? Um...there are well over 100,000 Christians carrying out outrageous (and illegal) massacres in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Moreover, have you forgotten your history? The Church history is littered with the blood the Christian movement has spilled over the centuries, many of the orders coming from the pope. Even today, which country continues to invade other countries and deploy a strategy to destroy, kill, torture, rape and slaughter on a mass scale? Is it, by any chance, a Christian nation? Oh, could it be the US of A? You're very disillusioned if you can't open your eyes to see the blatantly obvious reality.

Quote:
By the sword, by persecution, by the threat of death to converting from Islam to anything, they have killed, blackmailed, forced, and run out of town every other religion there is. Sure, they convinced a few guys that their religion is better
Yep, you must be on to something here...I'm sure the notable people choosing Islam (links to the videos on youtube I posted earlier) chose Islam on the above basis. Hardly.

Quote:
but when a population goes from 0% to 99% in 1400 years, then there's something else going on.
Uh huh. As you can see from just two short videos, something is going on. People (notable ones at that) are choosing to turn towards a peaceful way.

People like yourself probably can't stand seeing things like this:

YouTube - converts to islam

I mean, when you have US Military Guantanamo guards choosing Islam...something must be going on! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 10:01 AM

30,879 posts, read 31,761,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus7 View Post
With a bias like that, it doesn't really matter what YOU think as the majority of (decent) Christians that I know have no issues with Muslim people generally. And rightly so: Muslim people are amongst the most lovely, hospitable and moral people around.
Some are and some are not...The Muslims in the mid east are certainly not peaceful.

Ramadan 2010 Scorecard....Day 20

In the name of The Religion of Peace.....Terror Attacks 139.....Dead Bodies 578

Quote:
Fringe Christians? Um...there are well over 100,000 Christians carrying out outrageous (and illegal) massacres in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Moreover, have you forgotten your history? The Church history is littered with the blood the Christian movement has spilled over the centuries, many of the orders coming from the pope. Even today, which country continues to invade other countries and deploy a strategy to destroy, kill, torture, rape and slaughter on a mass scale? Is it, by any chance, a Christian nation? Oh, could it be the US of A? You're very disillusioned if you can't open your eyes to see the blatantly obvious reality.
Sheesh...This lie again? How many times have I corrected it? For one thing not all soldiers are Christians...Point number two the slaughter you speak of is mostly Muslims killing Muslims In 2009 for instance more than 4,000 civilian deaths were caused by conflicts between the different sects of Islam.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM

39 posts, read 54,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Ramadan 2010 Scorecard....Day 20

In the name of The Religion of Peace.....Terror Attacks 139.....Dead Bodies 578
Hmm. Seven-year illegal oil war crusade; August 2010:

Christian Invaders/Crusaders (in Iraq and Afghanistan) 200,000...civilians slain 200,000+ (and counting).

I wonder what the figures are for the Gulf war; Vietnam war; WW2; WW1 and all other wars (not to mention those sanctioned by the pope) instigated by the followers of Christianity.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM

30,879 posts, read 31,761,982 times
Quote:
I agree that this war is wrong whatever the reasons given.

Quote:
Christian Invaders/Crusaders (in Iraq and Afghanistan) 200,000...civilians slain 200,000+ (and counting).
Most of those deaths are Muslims killing Muslims, and you know this.

Some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

Quote:
I wonder what the figures are for the Gulf war; Vietnam war; WW2; WW1 and all other wars (not to mention those sanctioned by the pope) instigated by the followers of Christianity.
What is your point here?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,333,695 times
Quote:

Interesting. It's funny how Michael H Hart, an academic (and a non-muslim), places Muhammad in the Number One position as the most influential person in human history as a supremely successful model individual. Ahead of Jesus, St.Paul, Newton, Buddha, Mandela, Confucius, Moses, Einstien, plus a whole host of notable and distinguished individuals who have lived throughout history. Personally, I think I'd side with the academic on this one and not with your inaccurate ramblings.

Yep, you must be on to something here...I'm sure the notable people choosing Islam (links to the videos on youtube I posted earlier) chose Islam on the above basis. Hardly.

Uh huh. As you can see from just two short videos, something is going on. People (notable ones at that) are choosing to turn towards a peaceful way.

People like yourself probably can't stand seeing things like this:

YouTube - converts to islam

I mean, when you have US Military Guantanamo guards choosing Islam...something must be going on! lol
Your comments clearly reveal that you have no thoughts of your own, but you rather regurgitate the slanted thoughts of so-called scholars. Again, you prove that it is you "intellectuals" who are the sheep.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 10,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
You sound like a Muslim voice of reason. Now when there's three of you who are willing to band together and take action against fellow Muslims who are destroying the reputation of Islam, then maybe the world will start to improve.

P.S. Are you from Turkey?
thanks for give attention
no im from iran (islamic republic)

Old 09-06-2010, 03:09 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,732,217 times
Quote:

If it was a crusade, there wouldn't be anyone alive..

Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 PM

6 posts, read 6,414 times
Quote:
I haven't bothered to read many of the posts on this thread because I can't be bothered sifting through the amount garbage that is being spewed here by hateful, ignorant and intolerant people...

But what I do question is why the Catholic church promotes child abuse...? Why the Christian faith advocates violence and mass murder? Consider the church's long history of exacting slaughter on large masses of civilians; the instigator's of WW1, WW2; the Christian American imperialist wars- didn't Bush say God had inspired him to send troops to battle? On that point, the Christian troops committed war crimes, crimes against humanity including horrendous rapes, slaughters and mass murders, destroying families and wiping out over 100,000 innocent civilians...why? Why does Christianity advocate such disgusting and deplorable behaviour?

What about the IRA and the UDF? Why did these Christian groups afflict deplorable terrorist atrocities on thousands of people? How can their Christian faith justify these types of acts?

I guess in light of the small snippets I've mentioned one can conclude the Christian faith is a proponent of mass murder and slaughter, extreme violence and abuse, terrorism and mayhem.

This is the same type of absurd argument that you are using against Islam- a religion of peace.

Personally, I'm not as gullible to indict any world faith based on the actions of a small few who claim to belong to it.

thank you my friend for you truthful words , let them know the truth & not to be decieved by a group of terrorists

Last edited by piousboy; 09-15-2010 at 01:43 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,732,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piousboy View Post
thank you my friend for you truthful words , let them know the truth & not to be decieved by a droup of terrorists
Show me one video of someone slaughtering people screaming god is great.. and that person will most likely be muslim.
Islam and Christianity, are both barbaric primitive religions.
More muslims die at the hands of other muslims anyone who reads or watches the news would know this.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 PM

6 posts, read 6,414 times
Smile make sure that those you talk about don't represent islam

[quote=Gplex;15897525]Show me one video of someone slaughtering people screaming god is great.. and that person will most likely be muslim.
Islam and Christianity, are both barbaric primitive religions.
More muslims die at the hands of other muslims anyone who reads or watches the news would know this.[/quot

muslims that type are terrorists but this not related to islam by any mean as the real meaning of JIHAD is the jihad of the soul , to try as possible to control yourself & to be a good community member . i will not attack as i'm deeply convinced that guidance is from ALLAH & i ask ALLAH ALMIGHTY to bless whom seek truth & clear evidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or