U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Rivendell
1,387 posts, read 2,166,302 times
Reputation: 1650

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Ro0oz View Post
Peace, mercy and blessings of God (Allah) be upon you all.

I do not know what the relation between your respond is and the topic, but we Muslims believe that the babies are gift from Allah and we will not stop this merciful thing to happen.
I will give you the solution for the raping.

According to the Criminal Victimization in the United States, in 2006 there were 232960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted, about 600 daily.

Here is the question: why this happened?

In my opinion this happened because the western women do not cover herself and her beauty. Therefore, some of men cannot control their sexual desire while seeing uncovered women.

But in Islam, women must cover herself and her beauty. Muslim women like a pearl; it is hard to get it (pearl).

According to the Holy Quran 33:59 Allah says "O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known so as not be annoyed."

Also, I am wondering why the Christian does not follow the bible. In the bible you read"1 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
Corinthians 11:6-10 (New International Version)

In addition to that, Mary, Mother of Jesus (PBUT) covers herself like Muslim women. And believe me if Mary (PBUH) comes and walks among us nobody will give her a second look.


Peace
Do you have a clue how offensive most western women find this statement? You are basically saying that a woman deserves to be raped if she doesn't dress a certain way, because men are too weak to control their sexual urges.

Why don't you just have those weak Muslim men castrated so they are no longer a threat? Then you can dress however you want.

There are plenty of women here who are not Christian or religious at all, so no verse from any holy book will have any influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
 
6 posts, read 5,871 times
Reputation: 10
Peace

Where is your proof that islamic countries has highest rapes that USA?


Also, in bible law the punishment of adultry is very severe, and here is the verse:
Leviticus 20:10 (New International Version)


10 " 'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.


The punishment in the Quran 24:2 is:
The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in theircase, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day:and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

The woman does not have to bring four male witnesses according to the islam Q&A, and here is the website you can read the article:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/72338/rape%20in%20islam

IslamQuestion and Answer - Ruling on the crime of rape

Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 PM
 
6 posts, read 5,871 times
Reputation: 10
Peace

I write to those who have an open minded that they can use it to think, what is right and what is wrong. Because Allah gives us a lot of things that let us think.

We have only to think about everything that Allah gives us and if we think in right way, in the end we will find the peace within ourselves.

When I qoute from the Quran or Bible, my is goal is to show the people we have a lot of commen things between us.


Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Reputation: 12628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Ro0oz View Post
Peace

Where is your proof that islamic countries has highest rapes that USA?
There is no proof, as I said rapes go unreported in any country that subscribes to Sharia law....Many women who have been raped have been punished severely


Quote:
Also, in bible law the punishment of adultry is very severe, and here is the verse:
Leviticus 20:10 (New International Version)


10 " 'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
These laws are no longer followed, unlike Islam which is stuck in the fourteenth century and still follows the old laws.


Quote:
The punishment in the Quran 24:2 is:
The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in theircase, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day:and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
You actually think this archaic punishment is ok?

Quote:
The woman does not have to bring four male witnesses according to the islam Q&A, and here is the website you can read the article:
Islam]Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on the crime of rape Question and Answer - Ruling on the crime of rape

Peace
A 16-year-old Bangladeshi girl was who raped 8 months ago was given 101 lashes as punishment for having conceived during the assault, Bangladesh's Daily Star reports. Meanwhile, the paper notes, the alleged rapist received no punishment. Raped Teenager Receives 101 Lashes For Becoming Pregnant

AL-AWWAMIYA, Saudi Arabia — When the teenager went to the police a few months ago to report she was gang-raped by seven men, she never imagined the judge would punish her — and that she would be sentenced to more lashes than one of her alleged rapists received. Rape case brings Saudi laws into focus - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

A Filipino woman who the media have dubbed "Camille" traveled to Saudi Arabia to work and send money home to her family. While there, a coworker raped her. Did she go to the authorities? No. She kept her mouth shut -- because she knew that the conservative sharia law would deem her a criminal for having sex out of wedlock. The distinction between having sex and being raped is lost on the Saudi government. 100 Lashes for Being Raped in Saudi Arabia | Women's Rights | Change.org

CAIRO -- Three months ago, when the holiday of Eid Al Fitr - the festival marking the end of Islam's holy month of Ramadan - turned into a crazed riot with young men sexually assaulting female bystanders in plain sight, it appeared Egypt had regressed to some far more lawless chapter of its history. Covenant Zone: Cairo Rape Victims blog their stories in Egypt

How about spousal rape in Egypt...Is that a crime? Do you have the right to say no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,978,743 times
Reputation: 5074
"Why is Islam the fastest growing religion?" After expositions like the above, one wonders how it could be.

Sizzly Friddle: As a "Western" man, I find the statement you bolded in post #111 offensive to both genders. I can control my desires and so can virtually all other men. We don't want women to hide their beauty (within certain limits imposed by decency, of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Rivendell
1,387 posts, read 2,166,302 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
"Why is Islam the fastest growing religion?" After expositions like the above, one wonders how it could be.

Sizzly Friddle: As a "Western" man, I find the statement you bolded in post #111 offensive to both genders. I can control my desires and so can virtually all other men. We don't want women to hide their beauty (within certain limits imposed by decency, of course).
Of course I agree with your post. I is hard enough for me to speak for western women without having to speak for the men, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 02:11 PM
 
6 posts, read 5,871 times
Reputation: 10
Peace

In Islam we Muslims believe that we have to follow the laws.
You know I cannot show you the whole image about the veils, because it is something in our hearts. Nobody can understand it, unless you appect it in your hearts.

Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,473,123 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Ro0oz View Post
Peace, mercy and blessings of God (Allah) be upon you all.

I do not know what the relation between your respond is and the topic, but we Muslims believe that the babies are gift from Allah and we will not stop this merciful thing to happen.
I will give you the solution for the raping.

According to the Criminal Victimization in the United States, in 2006 there were 232960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted, about 600 daily.

Here is the question: why this happened?

In my opinion this happened because the western women do not cover herself and her beauty. Therefore, some of men cannot control their sexual desire while seeing uncovered women.

But in Islam, women must cover herself and her beauty. Muslim women like a pearl; it is hard to get it (pearl).

According to the Holy Quran 33:59 Allah says "O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known so as not be annoyed."

Also, I am wondering why the Christian does not follow the bible. In the bible you read"1 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
Corinthians 11:6-10 (New International Version)

In addition to that, Mary, Mother of Jesus (PBUT) covers herself like Muslim women. And believe me if Mary (PBUH) comes and walks among us nobody will give her a second look.


Peace
And yet some people still wonder why others find Islam such a profoundly revolting ideology . . . All you have to do illustrate why is to get someone Muslim to show up and start writing this kind of nonsense.

Muslim men who cannot control such urges should avoid women altogether or cover their own damned eyes. Half the population should not have to suffer because they live in a society where the other half is encouraged to be unrelenting scum.

Thankfully this is America and not some backwards medievalist Islamic hellhole. In our civilized country rapists are not provided with excuses. Rapists are provided with a jail cell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,889,012 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
because all they do is pray, make babies, kill each other and build mosques they don't really do much else
I could not of said it better myself GTOlover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 PM
 
8,339 posts, read 9,799,712 times
Reputation: 10646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Ro0oz View Post
Peace, mercy and blessings of God (Allah) be upon you all.

I do not know what the relation between your respond is and the topic, but we Muslims believe that the babies are gift from Allah and we will not stop this merciful thing to happen.
I will give you the solution for the raping.

According to the Criminal Victimization in the United States, in 2006 there were 232960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted, about 600 daily.

Here is the question: why this happened?

In my opinion this happened because the western women do not cover herself and her beauty. Therefore, some of men cannot control their sexual desire while seeing uncovered women.

But in Islam, women must cover herself and her beauty. Muslim women like a pearl; it is hard to get it (pearl).

According to the Holy Quran 33:59 Allah says "O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known so as not be annoyed."

Also, I am wondering why the Christian does not follow the bible. In the bible you read"1 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
Corinthians 11:6-10 (New International Version)

In addition to that, Mary, Mother of Jesus (PBUT) covers herself like Muslim women. And believe me if Mary (PBUH) comes and walks among us nobody will give her a second look.


Peace
So what you are saying is that you are all stuck in the dark ages. Thanks for clearing that up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top