U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 06:03 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,338,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Because Islam appeals to 'raw' emotions, and practical solutions and problem solving...

Islam is like WCW wrestling where is Christanity has become like a game of Bridge or croquet..

Islam appeals to young male adrenaline...it feeds into their passion and need for action and sometimes violence...

Where as Christain sermons feel more like Mr Rogers...

Islamic clerics often give firery sermons with machine guns strapped around their back...Action!!

Where as Cardinals and Popes walk around wearing 17th century robes and sandals...

It's an image thing...Modern Christanity really doesn't give it's youth a adrenaline filled out let...everything is done in moderation with feelings kept in check by constant references to David and Palms...

Young people want action, not to be constantly lectured about Peter or passover...
They've heard these stories over and over again...like a broken record...
Pastors are terrible about making this stuff relavent to modern day life...

So many young tune church out, and tune NFL football in or WCW wrestling or video games or Hollywood...or anything with action...

Islamic youth are told to fight...Christain youth are told to turn the other cheek and smile...

Islamic youth are trained in weapontry...christain youth are trained in hospitality...

The leaders of the Christain and Catholic churches are so far out of touch with the real world it's not even funny...

Their stuck in their own circle of self acclaim...and in the mean time, more and more are converting to more practical religions that give thier emotions and need for action...more of an outlet...
Total c-r-a-p. It's all birthrate. I've read that you need a birthrate of 2.1 per couple just to stay even. There are parts of Europe with birthrates of 1.3. People have become selfish, urban, materialists. Kids to these folks just get in the way and are expensive. It will be less than 40 years until the "Frenchman" is dead. London will will be a Muslim city in less than 50 years. They have essentially sealed their fate. They will never recover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 06:09 PM

2,209 posts, read 3,626,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Total c-r-a-p.
I concur.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,513,976 times
Some optimism to overcome the deserts would make more sense then simply copulating into destruction of the cultural way. Much of the west is now however finding culture unrelated to the Religious tolerance for survival of Man in the midst of Nature (anyhow). Islam would serve well the cause of the mercy and any message of cultural tolerance if Islam could go ahead and start building the predicted underground urban society, the irrigation canals for feeding the civilized populating of the Man and woman.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 6,433 times
peace be upon all of you
I'm a muslim ,
these two words ( I'm a muslim) is enough to have a negative impression about me , you have a stereotype mentality guys . so i'm terrorist ,cruel & evil that's what the pope says . i don't care about the pope i care about my religion .
1- osama bin laden is a terrorist , i say right , becouse he killed 3 thouthand innocent people but george w bush is not a terrorist at all becouse he just killed 1.5 million innocent people (it's not a big deal) especially when they are muslim terrorists , so what ????????? i just wonder .
2-some muslims are wrong & bad , i say right, when they call non-muslims infidels but the pope is good man i just says that all prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) teachings are cruel & evil , while he is speak falsely ( just read prohpet muhgammad piography ).
3-now you're talking about the fastest growing religion in the world , well it's not about birthrates only but it's about conversion also , the number of people converted to islam is great & much greater than those who converted from isalm to other religions & what is lucky for us (muslims) that those who impraced islam are the elite , the scientists , the intellectuals , the religious personalities & this prove one thing that islam is a great religion with great teachings .
guys you shoud study islam & know about it before you critisize it ,
i have alot to say but i don't have time . if anyone want to have a contact with me
my email : mahmoud_ahmed_suleiman@yahoo.com
& bardon me for my poor english

Last edited by piousboy; 08-28-2010 at 07:40 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 07:44 PM

4,916 posts, read 3,992,555 times
I wondered if you were referring to birthrate or conversion rate and again from where you are getting your statistics ? Islam does have aggressive conversion and proselytization efforts, but then again so does fundamental evangelical Christianity.
One variable is that Christianity, at least in America, has already failed to some fdegree and made enough de-converts and foes that it cannot recover, at leat in it's current state.
Also, I would reference The Next Christianity and point out that religions come and go, as society and culture and our understanding of science and the universe change, so does our concept of diety. Remember in the 1800s in America how Methodism was the biggest trend? Look at how far that has gone in numbers now. What about the Mormons? Off to a rocky start, barely surviving for generations only to reach the influence and growth they have now.
Where as in America, and maybe the world, Christianity has failed to provide answers and alienated many people, Islam now is stepping in to provide those answers. Prisons now stock Korans as well as Bibles (although I don't think the Gideons put the former there) Could it be that people are so tired of Chrisitanity and it's shortcomings that they are finding something in Islam, or at least thinking "Well that didn't work so let's try this instead ?"

So could it be that Islam has simply found it's "niche" amongst the world for now? Who is to know what religion earth will follow in 100 or 200 years ?

Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 PM

30,929 posts, read 31,853,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piousboy View Post
peace be upon all of you
I'm a muslim ,
these two words ( I'm a muslim) is enough to have a negative impression about me , you have a stereotype mentality guys . so i'm terrorist ,cruel & evil that's what the pope says . i don't care about the pope i care about my religion .
1- osama bin laden is a terrorist , i say right , becouse he killed 3 thouthand innocent people but george w bush is not a terrorist at all becouse he just killed 1.5 million innocent people (it's not a big deal) especially when they are muslim terrorists , so what ????????? i just wonder .
2-some muslims are wrong & bad , i say right, when they call non-muslims infidels but the pope is good man i just says that all prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) teachings are cruel & evil , while he is speak falsely ( just read prohpet muhgammad piography ).
3-now you're talking about the fastest growing religion in the world , well it's not about birthrates only but it's about conversion also , the number of people converted to islam is great & much greater than those who converted from isalm to other religions & what is lucky for us (muslims) that those who impraced islam are the elite , the scientists , the intellectuals , the religious personalities & this prove one thing that islam is a great religion with great teachings .
guys you shoud study islam & know about it before you critisize it ,
i have alot to say but i don't have time . if anyone want to have a contact with me
my email : mahmoud_ahmed_suleiman@yahoo.com
& bardon me for my poor english
It's really sad that you have to distort the truth to defend your religion. George Bush killed no one, and the us army did NOT kill 1.5 million people...More that 85% of that 1.5 million were Muslims killing other Muslims. Muslims killed 1,060 and injured more than 1,800 this July alone.

Some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

I wouldn't touch your religion with a ten foot pole...It is the religion of hatred and killing.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:33 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,815,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
could it be that we are not playing on fair ground. muslms have immigrated to many countries around the world bringing there culture and religious beliefes with them, for example the usa has over 1200 mosques, europe has over 6000 mosques.. anybody openly trying to convert muslims to christianity in the middle east probably would lose there heads..

whats your thoughts on why islam is the fastest growing religion.??
Convert or die...a powerful persuader...that needs a new Crusader.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,554,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Total c-r-a-p. It's all birthrate. I've read that you need a birthrate of 2.1 per couple just to stay even. There are parts of Europe with birthrates of 1.3. People have become selfish, urban, materialists. Kids to these folks just get in the way and are expensive. It will be less than 40 years until the "Frenchman" is dead. London will will be a Muslim city in less than 50 years. They have essentially sealed their fate. They will never recover.
Sad thing is, you didn't read or consider a thing I wrote...

It doesn't matter if you think it's crap or not...that's called 'disconnect'...

Continue to burry your head in the sand...it has nothing to do with birth rate...

Islam is not a 'race'...it's a religion, an ideology....

Birth rate has nothing...I repeat nothing to do with it...

Just like you can't be born a christian...you have to convert....

And to the general readers...this is what I mean...

Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,554,730 times
Islam is an ideology, a religion, that appeals to the soul...

I just gave you a real live explanation...and you dismissed it...and that's why islam continues to grow around the world...

Cause people in the 'church' don't listen...they follow a out dated script...instead of getting out in the trenches and getting to know and feel the pulse of the people....

Old 08-28-2010, 08:56 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,088,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Sad thing is, you didn't read or consider a thing I wrote...

It doesn't matter if you think it's crap or not...that's called 'disconnect'...

Continue to burry your head in the sand...it has nothing to do with birth rate...

Islam is not a 'race'...it's a religion, an ideology....

Birth rate has nothing...I repeat nothing to do with it...

Just like you can't be born a christian...you have to convert....

And to the general readers...this is what I mean...
what about all the muslim children that are brainwashed into worshiping islam. in the middle east you don't have much of a choice. those children live and breath the qu'ran. i would not call that converting. if isalm is the fastest growing religion it's cause of multiple reasons, some more than others. birth rate is a big one. muslims drop babies like rabits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or