U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:18 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,961,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmartian View Post
There is another interesting Wiccan concept I have just learned about. It is called the Law of Three.

I would caution you, you sound very angry. But the anger that you unleash toward the Christians could create negative energy that comes back at you in a greater amount later on. Live and let live is the best mindset to have when it comes to religion, even when faced with those who don't demonstrate it.

Just my two cents, take it as you will.
99.9% of the time christians never cross my mind. But when their super stupidity pulls stunts, I will voice my opposition, as these stupid people will cause great harm to many. Cowards remain silent, and I will not be intimidated. There is a time to live and let live, as many battles are not worth the effort, but the path the extremest christians are taking this country down must be stopped, as their stupidity could be the tipping point that ends us all is some war fought over superstitions and which imaginary god is the real or right one.

But yea, stupid people make me angry, really stupid people make me really angry, then there are these fools.............

Please define this "negative energy" you speak of, are they going to pray for me to drop dead? To me, negative energy is the post on the battery marked "-", other than that it doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM

202 posts, read 434,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
99.9% of the time christians never cross my mind. But when their super stupidity pulls stunts, I will voice my opposition, as these stupid people will cause great harm to many. Cowards remain silent, and I will not be intimidated. There is a time to live and let live, as many battles are not worth the effort, but the path the extremest christians are taking this country down must be stopped, as their stupidity could be the tipping point that ends us all is some war fought over superstitions and which imaginary god is the real or right one.

Please define this "negative energy" you speak of, are they going to pray for me to drop dead? To me, negative energy is the post on the battery marked "-", other than that it doesn't exist.
I see. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM

3,254 posts, read 5,408,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Keeping the hatred alive.... What are they thinking? Can you imagine the uproar if a mosque had a bible burning?

CBC News - World - U.S. general condemns Qur'an-burning plan

Just another slap in the face for any American who isn't a white bread eating, blue eyed, blond hair, uptight WASP.

Forget what it says to the people in the middle east. What about the Legal, Legit, American Loving Muslims who left their homeland for a better life?

I mean really? How is this showing pride in being a Christian or an American?

I know this is America and we can do pretty much whatever we want... but just because we CAN do it, does not mean we SHOULD do it.

Putting our children who volunteered to defend us and our right to do stupid things like burn books at risk just to make a point is selfish and VERY unlike what God/Jesus wants us to do.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,882,165 times
After watching ABC News Nightline, i have a feeling that the pastor will eventually cancel this event. He looked a bit worried actually. I would avoid the Gainsville area completely on 9/11. You don't want to be some bystander getting accidentally shot if there is violence.

It's a good thing the event is from 6pm-9pm to keep all would be bank robbers from stealing the 'show' sort of speak.

Last edited by JL; 09-07-2010 at 10:20 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,782,146 times
Quote:
Keeping the hatred alive.... What are they thinking? Can you imagine the uproar if a mosque had a bible burning?

CBC News - World - U.S. general condemns Qur'an-burning plan
Yeah about as much as when they had the crucifix in a jar of urine...The left loved it.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:04 AM

56,064 posts, read 54,552,165 times
Quote:
People will always crave a spiritual path at some point in their lives. It does not need to be incompatible with modernity or science or reason. There are inner worlds as well as the external one we live in. Faith can make the external world much richer.

I have learned about the Wiccan Rede, which says:

"An it harm none, do what ye will."

Here is more background on what the Rede means:

The Wiccan Rede is a good perspective on relating to other people and to one's self.
The Christian "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is pretty close to that, as is Hillel's ""That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

Whether, Wiccan, Christian, Jewish or something other, the words are great. It's individuals not putting them into practice that's the problem.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 AM

1,669 posts, read 5,601,130 times
Quote:
Can you imagine the uproar if a mosque had a bible burning?
How many people do you think would be killed over a mosque having a bible burning? My estimate is zero.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times
Quote:
There is another interesting Wiccan concept I have just learned about. It is called the Law of Three. [/b]

I would caution you, you sound very angry. But the anger that you unleash toward the Christians could create negative energy that comes back at you in a greater amount later on. Live and let live is the best mindset to have when it comes to religion, even when faced with those who don't demonstrate it.

Just my two cents, take it as you will.
If we all could follow the law of three what a better world we would be

Old 09-08-2010, 09:33 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,508,057 times
Default the war with the Taliban.

Isn't an all out war with the Taliban. But America is too corrupt in understanding that they have their own sort of 'Taliban" (remember all those narcisitic escapades of the nineties). They need to fight the narcissists, eh? At this point the American Muslim community is anything but a Taliban in disguise; they started becoming lovers and teachers of social conscienceWoops.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:29 AM

3,254 posts, read 5,408,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
How many people do you think would be killed over a mosque having a bible burning? My estimate is zero.

Oh I bet this dude would beg to differ.

The Jesus Freaks of America would make sure some innocent Muslim people were blown up in retaliation.

Eric Robert Rudolph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God Saves after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam