U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,031,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshHat View Post

This idiotic stunt will result in a torrent of global violence that will cause the deaths of many innocent people of several nationalities and faiths,including, ironically, Muslims. Car bombs/suicide bombs are pretty indiscriminate.

These lunatics will have hands as bloody as the Taliban if/when they perform this moronic act.
All over burning a book, one little book, now that is idiotic and will show who is a hater. Anyone dumb enough to get violent over the burning of a book is the true hater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
All over burning a book, one little book, now that is idiotic and will show who is a hater. Anyone dumb enough to get violent over the burning of a book is the true hater.

I am sure you understand they feel about their book like you feel about your book. It is not just a book. Its holy to them like your bible is to you.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,031,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am sure you understand they feel about their book like you feel about your book. It is not just a book. Its holy to them like your bible is to you.
I would not get violent over the burning of my Bible I would just get another one.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:20 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,509,564 times
I'm sorry to say: and Spinoza's Ethics.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times
Quote:
I would not get violent over the burning of my Bible I would just get another one.

Violence has many forms. It can be physical and psychological. Getting violent is never right in any form. Causing people harm and hurt on purpose is never right.

Christians burning another religions sacred books is pure bigotry and I cannot even fathom how Christians can think its a good thing to do.... Would Jesus go to a book burning? I doubt it....

Love your neighbor.
Do unto others as you would have them do onto you.
The first without sin cast the first stone.

I am not a Christian but these verses come to mind when i think of Jesus and some of the things he said.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM

I've got to write a play with you. Jazzymom, or was it Orion's daughter? There is a difference between scolding your own children and scolding a stranger;s children. I think now that I am a stranger's child too. Is that something we have become ashamed to remark about because we would be warm by property LESS.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 AM

4,891 posts, read 3,979,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Keeping the hatred alive.... What are they thinking? Can you imagine the uproar if a mosque had a bible burning?

CBC News - World - U.S. general condemns Qur'an-burning plan

Jesus and Muhammed Both are probably turning over in their graves right now.......

Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,850,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Jesus and Muhammed Both are probably turning over in their graves right now.......
Is this a prod or a hammer?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:48 AM

13,624 posts, read 11,068,029 times
Quote:

lool plenty more where they came from

i wonder what people do with the bible or qu'ran when it gets to old to be of any use.. what if you left it on the floor and your big dog took a dump on it.?? we had this german shephard and he took a dump on a 2000$ persian rug, and i'm not talking solid turds it was the gooey stuff all over it.!! well i threw that stinky rug in the truck and immediately took it to the local dump. dang i didn't even spank the dog.

moral, don't buy expensive rugs if you have a dog and don't leave your bible , qu'ran on the floor

Last edited by cruxan; 09-08-2010 at 12:03 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 PM

You have a common moral with many religious people. BUT, this stunt from Guantanamo Bay fails to realize that muslims worshipping their God in America are nothing for concepts and actions compared to Muslims as Insurgents and Al-qaeda.

To me this act is as bad as the forcible internment of Japanese Americans into camps during the second world war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam