U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
How about allowing 1 mosque anywhere in the USA per 1 Christian church any Muslim nation allows to be built and operated in its borders WITHOUT HARASSMENT OR PERSECUTION? Now there is tolerance.

Good grief... Lets just throw freedom of religion down the toilet. Last time I looked we lived in a democracy and have a separation of church and state.

Yes Muslim countries don't have freedom of religion, they are lacking in many other freedoms too.

You can't have it both ways either we have freedom of religion or we don't and when we stop allowing religions to build their religious buildings then where does it stop.

No more mosques, then no more synagogues, then no more buildings for sikhs, Bahai's, hindus, and forgive me for leaving others out.

You can't have it both ways.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM

1,728 posts, read 2,196,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Good grief... Lets just throw freedom of religion down the toilet. Last time I looked we lived in a democracy and have a separation of church and state.

Yes Muslim countries don't have freedom of religion, they are lacking in many other freedoms too.

You can't have it both ways either we have freedom of religion or we don't and when we stop allowing religions to build their religious buildings then where does it stop.

No more mosques, then no more synagogues, then no more buildings for sikhs, Bahai's, hindus, and forgive me for leaving others out.

I'll turn that back around on you. THEY can't have it both ways. They don't come here to be part of our society, they come to dominate it. Keep walking on eggshells and bending over backward if you like. Sooner or later an eggshell will break and they will kill, rape and pillage because of it. Or your back will break and you can no longer resist as you should have to start with. Keep feeding that crocodile. Maybe he will eat you last, right after he eats your children. OK by me if we disallow any new Muslims into our nation and kick any out that make trouble for us.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:22 PM

40,034 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Default Islam is NOT a religion . . . it is s a deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

Your sentiments are valid and tolerance is essential . . . but not ignorant tolerance. Building a Mosque in Islam is like building a government center (court, administrative center, police station, place of worship, etc.) . . . NOT just a church. There is NO separation between church and state in Islam, period. They use the ignorant tolerance of free states to infiltrate,(under false pretenses) deceive under "truce" conditions, and exploit the freedoms to widen the application of their "sub-government" under "tolerance" of religious freedom . . . until their numbers grow sufficiently to demand autonomous control of their "communities" with their private security forces (read police) and courts.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:24 PM

71,457 posts, read 71,629,249 times
why is it that muslims dont want to be held responsible and looked down upon for the death and destruction brought against us and the world by the hundreds of thousands of extremists,yet one hillbilly preacher wants to burn a book and every american is held responsible and threatened with attack......

sounds like a real double standard to me.

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-12-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-12-2010, 03:24 PM

1,728 posts, read 2,196,156 times
Check out Persecution.com for information on persecution of Christians in Muslim nations around the world. Website for Voices of the Martyrs. Look at the evil Muslims do in their nations. It's already starting here. Honor killings have happened several times. Police in Dearborn, MI have arrested Christians for handing out brochures anywhere near Muslim neighborhoods or activities. This is your "peaceful religion" of Islam.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:48 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,454,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
why is it that muslims dont want to be held responsible and looked down upon for the death and destruction brought against us
Same reason christians don't want to take credit for groups like the Westboro Baptist Church. Kind of a double standard, don't ya think?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:28 PM

71,457 posts, read 71,629,249 times
i dont seem to remember them murdering 3,000 people in one day or building a church on ground which they themselves destroyed here in nyc..

every religion has extremists, but so far only one has blown us up here in nyc and threatens the world that if we dont play by their rules they will destroy us.

maybe i was out that day when we learned about the others.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:10 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Quote:
i dont seem to remember them murdering 3,000 people in one day or building a church on ground which they themselves destroyed here in nyc..

every religion has extremists, but so far only one has blown us up here in nyc and threatens the world that if we dont play by their rules they will destroy us.

True, but the hatred is the same.

Islam is at the center of the storm now, but Christianity does not have a spotless record, nor is it free from violence and killing in the name of religion.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,454,362 times
Quote:

You were certainly 'out' the day when we learned about hypocrisy.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:19 PM

32,401 posts, read 16,598,875 times
Quote:
why is it that muslims dont want to be held responsible and looked down upon for the death and destruction brought against us and the world by the hundreds of thousands of extremists,yet one hillbilly preacher wants to burn a book and every american is held responsible and threatened with attack......

sounds like a real double standard to me.
You mean it sucks to be held in contempt for the acts of the crazy fringe elements in your group? If only we could find somewhere to apply that insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or