U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,072,864 times

Advertisements

should there be compromise on both sides

it's not about having the right to do it, it's about being richus..

Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,510,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post

Therefore you believe New YOrk liberals are for work ethics.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Therefore you believe New YOrk liberals are for work ethics.

???

Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 PM

446 posts, read 486,327 times
My argument is not whether it should be built, but why is it wanting to be built there...there is not a strong Islamic presence in lower manhattan...why build somehting with so much resources so far away form everyone who will go there?

It just doens't make sense looking form the outside in...maybe there are good reasons form the inside out, but they aren't giving those reasons. Also, the funding issue has been sketchy, why hide that? Seems odd....

That is my main argument against it.

Of course, if my kid was killed in by a drunk driver and someone wanted to build an alcohol stand real close to where I had a memorial set up, it would chap me to no end....

Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,075,542 times
Quote:

The moto of the USA is...Liberty and Freedom for ALL....And Yet we know it is not true , if we count those who are oppressed, imprisoned, and slaughtered, so that the Americain delusion can continue.

Freedom...what is the true meaning of this word?
Liberty.....what is the meaning of this word?

Do they live by this moto?...NO!

Just another lie, spun by the liars club!

They hate us for our freedom?...again the lies never stop coming forth.

If this was a true moto...then Marijuana and poppy growers and other seed types would be legal to grow freely by all.
And in that estate...something to trade...and something to do, in That will of God in the garden...Genesis 2:15, utilizing Genesis 9:3 and not profaning any of the givens...Acts 10:15...so we can restore Eden Acts 3:21..in likeness...and Multiply it out into the world as EDENS...and then the universe!....Rev 17:17...

Can humans be made Kind?
Can humans be made to see the possibility of a clean unpolluted estate come into being the nest of life??...where we all can put down that IDOL...and start doing something productive and positive with the living things, and this Planet...so we bringforth a healthier state of mind and of enviroment, whilst moving forward in developing new worlds under God?....with all the givens!!!!

Marijuana and hemp can fuel the world to cleaner pastures!
They are climatizing agents, that also filter and produce oxygen and food, and texiles....that could help this world be free from that IDOL of money.

Free trade could be made to mean what it says...finally?...finally free...finally Given to all!

Oppressing nations, and underhanded deployment of agents into those nations, to destroy a way of living, or a measure of rule...and a living entity God made good....is now Showing signs of being in error of not only the commandments, but their own motos and human rights Moderator cut: inappropriate language they spew forth.!
When are we Going to be free to sow all seeds...Like God wants us to?
When is the end of warfare Going to be made by Humans?

Jesus says let em be...But if we follow Christs steps, and words of wisdom...we end up in the wilderness, by a river...sowing seeds and fishing...Living for free!

Which then brings in the systems mindset....calling us poachers...and criminals, because we smoke or grow the herb...to trade with on open markets...not supporting the beast with any taxes or duties...we are then made into some kind of enemy mime.

Where is the true crime?

That is in the bent Law of prohibition...which is anti Eden..Anti God...anti Christ/

You cannot put God The Creator of everything, into Prison for making, and growing Marijuana or any other plant in his Garden....So why are they oppressing, imprisoning, and slaughtering people/ his children for the same thing?...and poisoning his creations now called weeds?....where Does God say he made weeds?...it doesn't!

Mindless people living in a IDOLIC polluted world...burning the blood of the dead...eh?...making more biohazardious estates...so the living continually get sick and die..slaughtering the Prohpets....so more blood flows into the pumps....more false profits are made..as they suck it up and sell it to pollute more the planet...and cause more death by way of it.

Do you see the conversion? ...Holy Prophets into false profits...

Wonders never end...

So should they build their house of worship...Yes they should...in the light of liberty and freedom for all....Let us see if the moto is true.....

Obviously from reading in on other peoples demeaner on this sight, and in the news....it is Just another lie!...and how they believe in those lies..more than the truth!

Last edited by june 7th; 09-09-2010 at 06:01 AM..

Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinbalad View Post
My argument is not whether it should be built, but why is it wanting to be built there...there is not a strong Islamic presence in lower manhattan...why build somehting with so much resources so far away form everyone who will go there?

It just doens't make sense looking form the outside in...maybe there are good reasons form the inside out, but they aren't giving those reasons. Also, the funding issue has been sketchy, why hide that? Seems odd....

That is my main argument against it.

Of course, if my kid was killed in by a drunk driver and someone wanted to build an alcohol stand real close to where I had a memorial set up, it would chap me to no end....
my whole peeve about it is, the muslim community can clearly see that it's outraging millions of americans, so why would they want to build it there, this has been going on for months and no one has backed down. the way i see it is the few that want the community center ,mosque built, don't care about the feelings of millions of americans..!!! where is the peace in that.??

i have a dream that all peoples of planet earth can all live happily ever after don't remind me it was a dream

Old 09-08-2010, 01:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,002,434 times
The Muslims have a right to place it there, but it will do nothing but create friction. It's quite simply a really bad idea.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,313,296 times
Quote:
my whole peeve about it is, the muslim community can clearly see that it's outraging millions of americans, so why would they want to build it there, this has been going on for months and no one has backed down. the way i see it is the few that want the community center ,mosque built, don't care about the feelings of millions of americans..!!! where is the peace in that.??

i have a dream that all peoples of planet earth can all live happily ever after don't remind me it was a dream
Really, it's mostly false outrage stirred up by talking heads on the Right. Really!

First of all, the mosque isn't "at Ground Zero", it's a couple blocks away. There are plenty of other businesses between the mosque and Ground Zero. I believe I heard there are even a couple strip clubs closer than the mosque would be. Then there are already other mosques in Manhattan, supposedly a "dozen blocks" from Ground zero, and no one has said anything or complained about those. So one's 12 blocks, one is going to be 2 blocks. Where do we draw the "outrage and intolerance" line? 4 blocks from Ground Zero? 6? 9.5?

This whole thing is the biggest "non story" of the 21st Century. What does any of this have to do with anyone's lives in this country? NOTHING! It's false outrage cooked up by the likes of Limbaugh, Beck, Palin, O'Reilly, and whomever else shares that brain! All for political gain! Wake up America! You have problems that matter, and this isn't one of them!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Really, it's mostly false outrage stirred up by talking heads on the Right. Really!

First of all, the mosque isn't "at Ground Zero", it's a couple blocks away. There are plenty of other businesses between the mosque and Ground Zero. I believe I heard there are even a couple strip clubs closer than the mosque would be. Then there are already other mosques in Manhattan, supposedly a "dozen blocks" from Ground zero, and no one has said anything or complained about those. So one's 12 blocks, one is going to be 2 blocks. Where do we draw the "outrage and intolerance" line? 4 blocks from Ground Zero? 6? 9.5?

This whole thing is the biggest "non story" of the 21st Century. What does any of this have to do with anyone's lives in this country? NOTHING! It's false outrage cooked up by the likes of Limbaugh, Beck, Palin, O'Reilly, and whomever else shares that brain! All for political gain! Wake up America! You have problems that matter, and this isn't one of them!
well it surly shows the true colors of religion, on all sides..brutal barbaric superstitious dark age people..

but out of all the religions, i fear islam more than any other.!!! do free peoples realy want sharia to govern their everyday existance.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:52 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,510,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The Muslims have a right to place it there, but it will do nothing but create friction. It's quite simply a really bad idea.

It's a great idea. It will foster the neutralization on the Right wing of Mohammedism. Is that a human right? We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or