Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

and it's a weak and small wood, and also not hard ( i can beat my hand with it all day and it doesn't effect me )

http://alshamdc.com/images/he_03_clip_image004.jpg (broken link)

basically^^^ it still says you can legally beat your woman.!! i have a big prob with that, i can brush my teeth with a 2 foot long one.

i've seen a lot of other vids on the part about beating your wife in the qu'ran, and they say you only can beat your wife with a blade of grass.

well just to let you know bamboo is the fastest growing grass in the world and can grow up to 60 feet long

Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Hey, the Old Testament is just as offensive as the Qu'ran to anyone with a sense of fair play.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:24 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,659,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Hey, the Old Testament is just as offensive as the Qu'ran to anyone with a sense of fair play.
This is true. If taken litteraly, the Bible can come off pretty offensive and barbaric in some spots.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 PM

56 posts, read 78,389 times
Quote:
as though that is required in Islam...Is it?
islam doesn't tell me to hate gays

in fact i should talk to them nice and correct them

and not tell people that they are gays ( or tell them that anyone is doing a sin)

because i am also full of sins

i just hate gays not because of islam ( i just hate it got it ? )

i mean i hate pepsi

does hate have to always be releated to religion

no matter what kind of sin you see person do, if you kept to yourself and didn't tell people about it

god will forgive a lot of your sins in day of judgments and may even grant you to heaven for this only

=================================

sanspeur, i didn't get your post about poetry and loving men

in Islam, loving man or loving woman or any creature

it's something pure

i am talking about the act of gay( have man sex with man or woman with woman )

not love or hate

===================

MysticPhD, i also didn't understand your post fully

but i would like to ask you, why are living right now ? why do you have soul ? why didn't god just tell you that you should follow islam and obey the prophet of Islam ?

there's simply a questions that are simply with no answer

but about your question
WHY does your God (Allah) require human beings to punish and enforce what is supposed to be voluntary??

for making LAWS to live in peace? to make just for all kind of people ( no differents between poor and rich and such things )

and i didn't understand what you mean by saying "what is supposed to be voluntary"
===============================================
The Sunna and those things that came later supercede the Sunna ONLY!

if something is mentioned in Quran, we follow Quran because it's kept from being hijacked

but in the Sunna, some people make lies and tell people it's from Sunna

so we don't take Sunna if it's different that anything mentioned in the Quran

Old 09-10-2010, 02:47 PM

[quote=cruxan;15834799]Moderator cut: garbled
simply don't beat your woman

this an OPTION that most muslims don't do -.-'

I simply don't get why are making such a big deal of something that so small

and those muslims who beat their wives most likely beat them hard ( i mean when someone want to beat his wife for cheating on him or something, they truly wouldn't care about if it's forbidden or not )

so Islam say if you beat her with anything more than that it's forbidden

the reason behind this is legal is because if i beat my wife ( after the rules are meet - i post a video that i assume you saw - ) she will fell shame and fell that she's wrong and repent

well, i think it doesn't matter what reason it's you don't care ( and i can't explain the reason in better way in english but so i tried )

Last edited by june 7th; 09-10-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 09-10-2010, 03:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
naserasee..

just the fact that it even suggests that you can legally beat your wife in the qu'ran gives power to the husband, women are not equal in islamic sharia law. period.. a true prophet of a so called loving god would not have told a prophet>> muhammad to place a verse or verses in his holy words>> book about a man being able to legally beating his wife. period.

you put to much faith in an old book that was written by a man. not by a god.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
And thus the cause of many of the worlds problems. "If you don't believe what I believe or worship the way I worship, you are going to hell". I know many Christians that believe the same thing and I say this is nonsense.
sorry i forgot this part

a muslim is not allowed to tell certain muslim by himself that he's going to hell

you just tell that in general without telling it to certain muslim in front of you

and for other religions although yes we believe they are wrong and will go to hell unless they follow islam

we don't just go to them and tell them you'll go to hell....

we explain to them i nice talk and if they followed islam it's good, if they didn't it's up to them

"you have your believes, and so we do"

and when i said
Quote:
prophet in what it means ( the Jews have been divided into 71 way. and the christiny into 72 way. and Islam will be divided into 73 way and only those who follow Quran and who follow what i did will go to heaven )
it's not the same words, i just mentioned the idea in how i remember it

but that doesn't mean that muslim doesn't go to heaven if he isn't Sunni as example

unless who do something ( like Polytheism, or any act that is in the same area that mean he's not going to heaven )

you see as example only their are some muslims ways (group team or whatever it's called) who goes to graves of prophets to ask them for money and stuff they want ( this act is crazy, funny and will lead you to hell unless you repent and stop doing it )

having different way of worshiping is not the problem

it's about doing what's make you non-muslim is the problem

hope you got the meaning

Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
naserasee..

just the fact that it even suggests that you can legally beat your wife in the qu'ran gives power to the husband, women are not equal in islamic sharia law. period.. a true prophet of a so called loving god would not have told a prophet>> muhammad to place a verse or verses in his holy words>> book about a man being able to legally beating his wife. period.

you put to much faith in an old book that was written by a man. not by a god.
suggests or giving an option are totally two different things

woman are not equal to men in anything, they are different in body, organs, thoughts, love, hate and other things

you can't tell me that they are totally equal...

so let's, if it was for the wife doing the beating

what you think the man will do of his wife beat him ? ( kill her) ?

that small example proofs that they are not equal in everything

i mean you eat meet and eat fruits....

why they ain't equal to you ?

i mean they are living beings just like you

why don't you build them a farm with no dirts and give them the food you eat ? and made them dress in winter ( it's cold for them too.... )

don't tell me that man are same as woman in everything

Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasersaeed View Post
wow man, you just ignored all my post to go to another things

haha blood be dripped

you gotta be kidding me

whipping can kill if this the way that we do it

you see it's different when the whipping for a man or woman ( healthy or weak )

and so the whipping MUST NOT CAUSE WINDS

AND SHOULD NOT BE SO WEAK THAT YOU DON"T FELL IT

got it ?

and it doesn't need to be done all in the same time

i think i freaking explained in the post that was before

so don't ignore and re-ask

and for unmarried couple i never said slaughter, i said whipping

i will not deny truth, i just explained

why i deny ?

i just deny your lies

so when I'am reading quran everyday.... oh wait ( an i read it in it's orginal language )

you read something that i didn't read at all ? or you got secret eyes that read hidden verses that i didn't see ?

anyway proof it. give me the verse

in which sense ?

first of all you don't need to be your wife -.-, only an option that is not forbidden

but YOU DON"T HAVE TO IT

and secondly

it's done by something called "Meswak" which we used to clean tooths in the prophet days

and it's a weak and small wood, and also not hard ( i can beat my hand with it all day and it doesn't effect me )

what in the picture doesn't represent the real form clearly

why you care? no body forced you to it
just your thoughts

i know a lot of GAYS at my village, and i hate them and everything

and i hope they repent from that sin

[b]but according to Sharia we can't kill them as you say[/

because the condtions that need to be meet are hard to happen and almost not posible

and anyway, are you gay ? you are so defending to them

where did get those information from?
there's was no such event as far as i remember
I rest my case, you are a intolerant Moderator cut: deleted person, who would inflict harm on others given the chance, and all because you have blind faith in some warlords words.
What if I am gay, you going to come here and try and hang me.. shoot me with an ak while I'm on my bike then attempt to cut off my head?

Last edited by june 7th; 09-11-2010 at 10:31 AM..

Old 09-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I rest my case, you are a intolerant Moderator cut: orphaned person, who would inflict harm on others given the chance, and all because you have blind faith in some warlords words.
What if I am gay, you going to come here and try and hang me.. shoot me with an ak while I'm on my bike then attempt to cut off my head?
don't ignore my post or just keep out of topic, ( check my answer to you and respond to it

don't be just talking

i told you the conditions it need to meets are same as stoning

so it somehow not possible

and after the conditions are meets, it can only be done by government ( not any person )

and i didn't harm anyone in anyway i hope

i mean you attacked my believes and i was just defenting and explaining

why to you have to say i am hateful person ?

and for your information

i finished reading more than 30 book about Islam if i am not mistaken + witness and heard lot of words of islam by what you call "Islamic clerics "

+ i entered many Arabian forums that discuss between religions non-believers and all believes

Last edited by june 7th; 09-11-2010 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam