Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:01 AM

46 posts, read 132,615 times

Advertisements

Salah is the word used for prayer in Islam. It is also referred to as Namaz. Salah is one of the five basic pillars of Islam and it is obligatory for every Muslim to offer Salah five times a day throughout the life. It first thing for which every Muslim will be held accountable on the Day of Judgment. It is a necessity to become a Muslim in a true sense.

http://www.aimislam.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11092-every-muslim-must-learn-how-to-offer-salah-properly/ (broken link)

Last edited by june 7th; 09-08-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 02:56 AM

Please do not make fun of this whether you are Muslim or a Non-Muslim. Salah is sacred thing. The purpose of this thread is to make Muslims learn how to offer salah properly and avoid mistakes. It is my humble request to all the non-Muslims please do not make fun of this. Respect other religions and let you religion be respected.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Please do not make fun of this whether you are Muslim or a Non-Muslim. Salah is sacred thing. The purpose of this thread is to make Muslims learn how to offer salah properly and avoid mistakes. It is my humble request to all the non-Muslims please do not make fun of this. Respect other religions and let you religion be respected.

Moderator cut: edited

Muslims who want to do salah can learn how to do it properly. There are many books on how to perform salah.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-08-2010 at 07:16 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
No Muslim is going to come here to find out how to pray perfectly so that their god won't smite them.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Pray perfectly? So are these like canned prayers instead of just talking to the Creator?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
All religions have their pagan rituals. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 09-08-2010 at 07:18 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 04:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:

ya but what if you are atheist or agnostic, none of the above apply..people are human and will make mistakes. the problem with islam is they force religion on their youths, i bet as soon as a baby muslim is born one of the first things he or she sees is the qu'ran. salsa is just a way to instill fear apon it's believers.. just a good way to make them young muslims fear the god they preach to.. what happens to muslim if you screw up on your prayers..a good lashing from allah i would figure...

Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 AM

124 posts, read 173,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
ya but what if you are atheist or agnostic, none of the above apply..people are human and will make mistakes. the problem with islam is they force religion on their youths, i bet as soon as a baby muslim is born one of the first things he or she sees is the qu'ran. salsa is just a way to instill fear apon it's believers.. just a good way to make them young muslims fear the god they preach to.. what happens to muslim if you screw up on your prayers..a good lashing from allah i would figure...
Muslims definitely do not have a monopoly on forcing their religion on youths...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 AM

430 posts, read 583,444 times
Default Embracing "The Stoner Age"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Now, this is just a belief, mind you, but.....I suspect that any human being inside the boundaries of the United States of America is afforded the same basic rights (save the vote and presidency) as are citizens. Either we have free speech or we do not, selective censorship is an evil we should not give in to. Excuse me for going by the U.S. Constitution, there Ditch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are under the delusion that Islam is just another religion . . . it is a DEEN . . . that means it is a GOVERNMENT . . . not a religion. Your freedom of speech and tolerance for all religions should NOT extend to tolerance for ALL governments within the United States!!
I do appreciate the lesson in civics, Dr. I can't find that word [DEEN] in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, but perhaps it's a recent addition? At any rate, you are right; we don't tolerate experiments in different types of government here, else we'd have the Nikita Krushchev School of Freedom disciples forced onto our primary ballots.

It's interesting, comparatively, that in Canada the Muslims at least got a pretty good initial leghold on considering the adoption of sharia into law (in Winnipeg I believe), no doubt due to the Canadian penchant for, and their built-in obedience to governmental decrees; if it's "the government", it must be right.

Fortunately, the "right-wing" elements of that rather agrarian, rural-based hard-working center put that one where it belonged.

American Thinker: Sharia Law in Canada and Britain

Sharia divorce law rejected - Canada - Canoe.ca

This is a good summary: "The writers of the report have compiled evidence of "the discriminatory nature of these courts and make recommendations for curtailing sharia and religious tribunals on the basis that they work against and not for equality, and are incompatible with human rights."

Last edited by june 7th; 09-08-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 AM

The discussion here has gone in a different direction. Making Muslims to learn how to offer salah and offer it five times a regularly was the actual purpose of the thread and I think Muslims should be interested more in this than the non-Muslim fellows.

This is the month of Ramadan and we must worship Allah more and more besides strictly following the habit of offering 5 times a day. Observe fast and offer taraweeh prayer regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam