U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,577,352 times

Advertisements

Click on and read:

Shariah a Danger to US, Security Pros Say

Don't ever let Shariah Law ever get a foothold in this country of USA.

The battle is political-wise: not against flesh and blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,482,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Click on and read:

Shariah a Danger to US, Security Pros Say

Don't ever let Shariah Law ever get a foothold in this country of USA.

The battle is political-wise: not against flesh and blood.
It's far less a danger than you seem to think. The entire foundation of our government would have to be ripped to shreds in order for sharia to be law here.

I'm not saying don't fight against it; but personally I think there are far bigger threats to our freedom than sharia -- like the christian version of the taliban...

Old 09-16-2010, 03:07 PM

40,396 posts, read 26,912,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
It's far less a danger than you seem to think. The entire foundation of our government would have to be ripped to shreds in order for sharia to be law here.

I'm not saying don't fight against it; but personally I think there are far bigger threats to our freedom than sharia -- like the christian version of the taliban...
It takes an immense ignorance of Islam and Sharia to place Christian fundies on a par as a threat . . . especially given the stupid support for political correctness in Western society. Europe is finding that out the hard way . . . but it is happening right here in Dearborn, Michigan and other local communities. Islam and Sharia are NOT a religion like any other . . . it is a deen. To give it equal treatment with other religions is to allow a "sub-government" to infiltrate our state and local governments. The ignorance among the PC crowd is very dangerous . . . especially since they are blinded by their obsession with the Christian fundies .

Old 09-16-2010, 04:14 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,482,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It takes an immense ignorance of Islam and Sharia to place Christian fundies on a par as a threat . . . especially given the stupid support for political correctness in Western society. Europe is finding that out the hard way . . . but it is happening right here in Dearborn, Michigan and other local communities. Islam and Sharia are NOT a religion like any other . . . it is a deen. To give it equal treatment with other religions is to allow a "sub-government" to infiltrate our state and local governments. The ignorance among the PC crowd is very dangerous . . . especially since they are blinded by their obsession with the Christian fundies .
Oh riiiiight. I'm ignorant, yeah. I totally forgot that it's legal here in the USA to honor-kill your daughter, beat your wife, stone the local loose women, and murder anyone not of your own religion. God, how could I be so stupid as to not have noticed that it's LEGAL to do these things here in America now?

Wow, I'm so lucky you pointed out to me how IGNORANT I am. And here I was worried about the benevolent christians and their actual, existing laws discriminating against gays and lesbians, and their laws restricting what government offices I can hold as an atheist, and their laws restricting my reproductive rights, and their laws about not being able to buy things on Sunday, and their laws about so many other things that only make sense when seen through the twisted, tyrannical lens of their unholy book.

Yeah, I'm so ignorant.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,515,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh riiiiight. I'm ignorant, yeah. I totally forgot that it's legal here in the USA to honor-kill your daughter, beat your wife, stone the local loose women, and murder anyone not of your own religion. God, how could I be so stupid as to not have noticed that it's LEGAL to do these things here in America now?

Wow, I'm so lucky you pointed out to me how IGNORANT I am. And here I was worried about the benevolent christians and their actual, existing laws discriminating against gays and lesbians, and their laws restricting what government offices I can hold as an atheist, and their laws restricting my reproductive rights, and their laws about not being able to buy things on Sunday, and their laws about so many other things that only make sense when seen through the twisted, tyrannical lens of their unholy book.

Yeah, I'm so ignorant.

Fact of life: that stuff happens though. Now if th mosque were built at the sight of the "the last exorcism" as it were, then we might get started.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:57 PM

19,025 posts, read 22,311,597 times
What about this?

Al-Taqiyya - Permission To Lie To The Infidel - Islamic Concepts - ISLAM/MIDDLE-EAST/ARABS - NEWSFORUM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam