U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 04:17 PM

30,893 posts, read 31,793,503 times

Advertisements

Tell me, are you people Sunni or Shiite? Perhaps you can explain why these two sects hate each other.
Did you know that some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

So far in 2010 in Iraq alone 8 people per day have died because of Muslims killing one another...I am not talking about terrorists here, but your religion has a sickness that you people need to address. You can no longer turn your head, lie and call it the religion of peace, when in much of the world it is a religion of hate.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM

6 posts, read 5,876 times
Peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you.

I am a Muslim Girl and I am proud.

My Sisters and Brothers, we do not want to convert to Islam, but we want to clarify our religion. Because we believe that the media does not show you the true image of Islam.

But when people open their hearts and minds, they find the truth. In my country there are a big number of people who convert to Islam (without any temptations). This is becuse they find the peace and the answers to their questions.

Here is an invitation to those who are wise and open minded: Please do not rely on the media, go and find what Islam is really is?

Your Sister in Humanity,
Khawla

Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 PM

30,893 posts, read 31,793,503 times

YouTube - The truth about islam from an Ex-muslim lady

Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,981,174 times
Really very simple, there are no gods, none, nada, zilch, zip zero, case close.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,585,507 times
Champs, why do you feed these kemosabes

Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 PM

4,145 posts, read 5,112,236 times
No evidence.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,337,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Champs, why do you feed these kemosabes
For knowledge.... think about that...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 AM

43 posts, read 24,590 times
this photo to show the difference between covered candy and exposed one (like in hijab)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
So I guess all the rapes in Islamic countries are on woman who are not covered-up? And if all the woman were covered there would be no rapes?

Since when did a piece of cloth protect any woman from being abused by a man.

The true issue is the HEART on mankind - no law is going to keep certain kinds of people from acting in certain ways. Our society has plenty of provacativly dressed woman and they are not harrassed and plenty of woman who were dressed very conserverdly have been harassed and sexually mistreated.

Islam is so concerned with the letter of the law and forcing people to converge around what they believe is right for society yet failing to convert the heart. So many live out of fear, indoctrination, or fancy moral gymnastics to justify thier laws - like 'it's protection for woman' - AH, so noble, you see that is the problem we disagree that it is a protection for woman (in any real sense) - you have been convinced that it is - thus turning some forced oppressive outward act into some spiritual bleesing that does nothing to really protect your woman nor does it reaaly change the hearts of the men who given the opportunity would still ravish those woman. All your Shariah Law seeks to do in curtail or diminish mankind's inclinations but does nothing in really transforming the inward aspect of mankind.

Spiritually, this tactic is a huge failure - Jesus spoke much about this outward show but lacking the inward reality - this is why a person must be born from above and not just perform some religious duty. The law does not make one free nor spiritual - only a changed heart of love, AND AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO NEED FOR A LAW.

This is a vast difference between Christianity and Islam. Islam seeks to force people into a society under Shariah - as that will suppossedly give rise to a greater chance of willing conversion to Islam - and this is all for our (kafir's) benifit - well no thank you!. Yet if they do not become Dhimmis then they can be killed. And is it not interesting that being a Dhimmi is for their protection as well, yet look at the mistreatment of those who are not Muslims living in Islamic Societies - let alone the abject hatred of them.

Christianity, although misguided in it's zeall many times throughout it's history does not teach such things (through the NT, Jesus, nor any Christian Societal Law) - Christians should not and do not want to force people either into a moral standard of living nor into some corralled conversion by such means. This is particularly true of immoral acts that do not effect an unwilling person - say homosexuality as opposed to theft. A Christian my disagree morally with homosexuality but we do not want to implement the theocratic laws that were willingly entered into under ancient Israeli society - we will try to convince and persuade but ultimately the change comes from God's spirit upon a person's heart not some outward forced Law and the judement of that person's soul is completely God's. Furthermore, our (western society) in seeking justice for things like theft have procedures that minimize revenge or unjust prosecutions through due process, juries, and third party arbitration - not honor killings, lop-sided testimonies for Muslim men as opposed for woman not to mention non-muslims, ect., ect.
I think i should reply on you , let me reply first on your critism to Hijab (woman body to be covered except for hands and face).

woman in Islam was honoured by Hijab and not imprisoned by it.
Woman body not for being show for all ...it`s more precious than that.
If you saw 2 ladies one is covered and the other lady is exposing her beautiful body.....which will be more exciting for your sexual desire??!!!
sometimes if you see an exposed woman with her beautiful attractive body , you may forget her mind and you may look to her as a female body.

Covering woman body also present in Christianity,
plz read that in Bible:
1st coirnthians, ch 11

3.But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12.For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13. Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14. Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15. But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Let me go to another point,
who tell you that in Islam we are for give interest of outwards and neglect inward,,,,,
plz read that:
the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said 'Actions are only by intentions, and every man has only that which he intended. Whoever's emigration is for Allah and His Messenger then his emigration is for Allah and His Messenger. Whoever's emigration is for some worldly gain which he can acquire or a woman he will marry then his emigration is for that for which he emigrated'."

Also read that verse from Quran :

87. ??And do not occasion me to fall from grace on the Day of Rising again,88. ??The Day when neither wealth nor sons will be of profit.89. ??Except to him who comes to the audience of Allh with a sound heart (filled with devotion).’?
Quran 26: 87-89

Also in Islam "Faith" is defined as something settled deeply in heart and supprted by good acts

waiting your reply ....but plz be fair and judge by proofs and not to talk with just delusions or misunderstandings

Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,027,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
this photo to show the difference between covered candy and exposed one (like in hijab)

I think i should reply on you , let me reply first on your critism to Hijab (woman body to be covered except for hands and face).

woman in Islam was honoured by Hijab and not imprisoned by it.
Woman body not for being show for all ...it`s more precious than that.
If you saw 2 ladies one is covered and the other lady is exposing her beautiful body.....which will be more exciting for your sexual desire??!!!
sometimes if you see an exposed woman with her beautiful attractive body , you may forget her mind and you may look to her as a female body.

Covering woman body also present in Christianity,
plz read that in Bible:
1st coirnthians, ch 11

3.But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12.For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13. Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14. Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15. But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Let me go to another point,
who tell you that in Islam we are for give interest of outwards and neglect inward,,,,,
plz read that:
the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said 'Actions are only by intentions, and every man has only that which he intended. Whoever's emigration is for Allah and His Messenger then his emigration is for Allah and His Messenger. Whoever's emigration is for some worldly gain which he can acquire or a woman he will marry then his emigration is for that for which he emigrated'."

Also read that verse from Quran :

87. ??And do not occasion me to fall from grace on the Day of Rising again,88. ??The Day when neither wealth nor sons will be of profit.89. ??Except to him who comes to the audience of Allh with a sound heart (filled with devotion).?
Quran 26: 87-89

Also in Islam "Faith" is defined as something settled deeply in heart and supprted by good acts

waiting your reply ....but plz be fair and judge by proofs and not to talk with just delusions or misunderstandings
Uncovered hair is not going to lead to rape. Shirts and pants cover the body as well. No need to dress like a mummy. It is for nothing more than to hide the woman. Seems more like shame for being one than to honor it.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,465,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Uncovered hair is not going to lead to rape. Shirts and pants cover the body as well. No need to dress like a mummy. It is for nothing more than to hide the woman. Seems more like shame for being one than to honor it.
I don't know, his wonderfully eloquent photo of a lollipop covered in flies has me 100% convinced that Islam is the One True Way! After all, human males have the intelligence of houseflies. Praise um...whichever god that was they worship! I forget his name because I'm just a stupid female sub-creature after all. Now you'll excuse me while I go find something to use as a burka. I'm afraid guy in the next cubicle is going to rape me for wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam