U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 01:27 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,014,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Panties? Who wears panties?
I Know commando!:

Old 09-23-2010, 01:34 PM

43 posts, read 24,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I think we also have to remember that the implementation of Islam differs in different Islamic countries. I think one look at Queen Rania or Queen Noor of Jordan displels the notion that all Islam decrees "coverings". I am starting to think that Islam is as varied in its practice as Christianity. Unfortunately, the crazy fundies get all the press.
1stly i`ve to tell you that i didn`t understand the meaning of some of ur words coz i`m eyptian and my English may be not perfect
2ndly:
Queen Rania or others are not religious entity.
Any religion is to put guides to its followers and not responsible for how much their followers practice it well.
Queen Rania and others are not religious characters to get the religion instructions from them , dear.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
1stly i`ve to tell you that i didn`t understand the meaning of some of ur words coz i`m eyptian and my English may be not perfect
2ndly:
Any religion is to put guides to its followers and not responsible for how much their followers practice it well.
Queen Rania and others are not religious characters to get the religion instructions from them , dear.
That is not what they were saying,
But anyway, why doesnt Queen Rania cover up?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:40 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Quote:
2ndly:

Queen Rania is a muslim, she may not practice to your liking but that does not change the fact she is a muslim.

There are many muslims who do not practice Islam exactly the way you do.

And I would much rather get information about Islam from folks like Queen Rania then someone who is covered from head to toe.....

That is where the problem comes from. Folks like you who say there are guides you follow believe that others who don't follow all those guides or rules somehow are not real muslims.

That is what the problem is....

In Christianity there is a spectrum of belief and practice. The same applies to Judaism.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:42 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
I cannot think of a good reason to be a Muslim, or a believer in any other religion for that matter.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Why do you think all looks are sexual harassment when you wear a simple shirt and pants? I dont get those. Sure I am considered an attractive woman, but I have not had problems. In fact when I get told I am beautiful, it makes me feel good. Woman like to know they are attractive and there is nothing wrong with that. Wearing a shirt and pants or skirt is not an exposed body. We were born with that body, we should have to hide it or be ashamed.

No dear, feeling beautiful is allowed
i should show u some clothes of muslim women and plz tell me ur opinion in it.
http://beautyfashion83.jeeran.com/t_3_t_2_2.jpg

http://photos2.azyya.com/store/uploa...3b8fbefb83.jpg

http://picmool.nasey.com/images/305_...111078_160.jpg

http://www.usp1.ps/up/uploads/images...9b1f6f783a.jpg

http://hegab.net/images/do3a_10.jpg

Old 09-23-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
That is not what they were saying,
But anyway, why doesnt Queen Rania cover up?
it`s a personal issue.
she is free to follow as she want.
every one of muslims or any religion followers are free to be how much follower to his religious instructions.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
While they are very colorful, and the first ones posted were somewhat fashionable, it is just too much. Maybe short sleeves and let that gorgeous thick hair down. How can you feel beautiful when no one can see it and you have to cover head to toe. I would feel like I was in a potato sack. There is more to you than your face.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
it`s a personal issue.
she is free to follow as she want.
every one of muslims or any religion followers are free to be how much follower to his religious instructions.
Do you see her as less muslim or think less of her?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Queen Rania is a muslim, she may not practice to your liking but that does not change the fact she is a muslim.

There are many muslims who do not practice Islam exactly the way you do.

And I would much rather get information about Islam from folks like Queen Rania then someone who is covered from head to toe.....

That is where the problem comes from. Folks like you who say there are guides you follow believe that others who don't follow all those guides or rules somehow are not real muslims.

That is what the problem is....

In Christianity there is a spectrum of belief and practice. The same applies to Judaism.

Did i tell that Queen Rania is not muslim??!!!!!
i didn`t tell that at all .
what i told that Queen Rania not a religous character to make you judge that coz Queen Rania not wearing Hijab , so Hijab not a must in Islam!!!

Anyway learn Islam from any muslim , Islam is constant.

and please review the verse from Bible i mentioned which tell about covering women in Christianity
1st corinthians, ch11, verse 3 to 15
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam