U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,333,168 times
Reputation: 6870

Advertisements

[quote=light beam;16006500]Being a slave of God is not a shame. worshiping God means that we are reconizing that he is supreme and he is the creator of us and of the universe so praying for him.
We are free and not slaves for anybody except for God....and in my belief it`s honour for me to be good slave of God.
i was made by him and my life is in his hands...he make my heart beat and make my lung breath.

i wish that u got what we mean[/quote]

light beam, I completely understand what you mean and for some religious beliefs that is fine, that is your religion, however in my culture we are slaves to no one, not even our Creator, we believe we were created with the freedoms to do and worship our Creator as we so please and we also have the choice, should we want to, to not worship the Creator, you see the choice is ours and no one is criticized for it one way or the other, to us it is a private thing to do.

 
Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,426,733 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
so what means worshipping God?!!!
Note: i`m really just asking you for knoweldge and not for arguement

I study Torah, Hebrew, attend shul, try to be a good person, celebrate our holidays.

I am thankful everyday I wake up and I am connected to my people past and present.

I have G-d within me and see the divine in everything...

I am not a slave to G-d.....

I walk with G-d.....
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,733,198 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
i can give you this video...plz watch it

YouTube - ‫
lol... funny how muslims are picking up the old christian arguments that have been utterly destroyed and claiming it as their own..

I'm not a muslims because I believe in equal rights, and free speech.
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
 
43 posts, read 24,550 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I study Torah, Hebrew, attend shul, try to be a good person, celebrate our holidays.

I am thankful everyday I wake up and I am connected to my people past and present.

I have G-d within me and see the divine in everything...

I am not a slave to G-d.....

I walk with G-d.....
i respect ur religion coz u`re as Quran named you populations of holy book (christians and jewish)
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,460,431 times
Reputation: 3945
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled elbranas View Post
But we are created to be slaves of God, and not to be so
Wrong! I'm nobody's slave, including your imaginary god.
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM
 
43 posts, read 24,550 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
lol... funny how muslims are picking up the old christian arguments that have been utterly destroyed and claiming it as their own..

I'm not a muslims because I believe in equal rights, and free speech.
what means by equal rights and free speech???

please read that:


[SIZE=5]Human Rights and Justice in Islam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Islam provides many human rights for the individual. The following are some of these human rights that Islam protects.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred, whether a person is Muslim or not. Islam also protects honor. So, in Islam, insulting others or making fun of them is not allowed. The Prophet Muhammad said: {Truly your blood, your property, and your honor are inviolable.}1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Racism is not allowed in Islam, for the Quran speaks of human equality in the following terms:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes for you to know one another. Truly, the noblest of you with God is the most pious.2 Truly, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Quran, 49:13)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Islam rejects certain individuals or nations being favored because of their wealth, power, or race. God created human beings as equals who are to be distinguished from each other only on the basis of their faith and piety. The Prophet Muhammad said: {O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person,3 except in piety.}4 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]One of the major problems facing mankind today is racism. The developed world can send a man to the moon but cannot stop man from hating and fighting his fellow man. Ever since the days of the Prophet Muhammad , Islam has provided a vivid example of how racism can be ended. The annual pilgrimage (Hajj) to Makkah shows the real Islamic brotherhood of all races and nations, when about two million Muslims from all over the world come to Makkah to perform the pilgrimage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Islam is a religion of justice. God has said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] Truly God commands you to give back trusts to those to whom they are due, and when you judge between people, to judge with justice.... (Quran, 4:58)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]And He has said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] ...And act justly. Truly, God loves those who are just. (Quran, 49:9)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]We should even be just with those who we hate, as God has said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] ...And let not the hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety.... (Quran, 5:8)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]The Prophet Muhammad said: {People, beware of injustice,5 for injustice shall be darkness on the Day of Judgment.}6 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]And those who have not gotten their rights (i.e. what they have a just claim to) in this life will receive them on the Day of Judgment, as the Prophet said: {On the Day of Judgment, rights will be given to those to whom they are due (and wrongs will be redressed)...}[/SIZE]
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:32 PM
 
43 posts, read 24,550 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Wrong! I'm nobody's slave, including your imaginary god.
please don`t insult other`s belief coz it`s shameful to do that
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,473,709 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
please don`t insult other`s belief coz it`s shameful to do that
And that's why many of us will proudly never ever be Muslims. It is not shameful to subject someone's belief to scrutiny in the public square. If you believe that women should be unequal to men in the court of law, that non-Muslims are second class citizens, that a sixth century murderous pedophile was some sort of admirable character hey that's your business.

But I'll be darned if I'm going to treat such silly and societally destructive beliefs as off limits because you told me to.
 
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,733,198 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
what means by equal rights and free speech???

please read that:


[SIZE=5]Human Rights and Justice in Islam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Islam provides many human rights for the individual. The following are some of these human rights that Islam protects.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred, whether a person is Muslim or not. Islam also protects honor. So, in Islam, insulting others or making fun of them is not allowed. The Prophet Muhammad said: { Truly your blood, your property, and your honor are inviolable.}1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Racism is not allowed in Islam, for the Quran speaks of human equality in the following terms:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes for you to know one another. Truly, the noblest of you with God is the most pious.2 Truly, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Quran, 49:13)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Islam rejects certain individuals or nations being favored because of their wealth, power, or race. God created human beings as equals who are to be distinguished from each other only on the basis of their faith and piety. The Prophet Muhammad said: {O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person,3 except in piety.}4 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]One of the major problems facing mankind today is racism. The developed world can send a man to the moon but cannot stop man from hating and fighting his fellow man. Ever since the days of the Prophet Muhammad , Islam has provided a vivid example of how racism can be ended. The annual pilgrimage (Hajj) to Makkah shows the real Islamic brotherhood of all races and nations, when about two million Muslims from all over the world come to Makkah to perform the pilgrimage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Islam is a religion of justice. God has said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] Truly God commands you to give back trusts to those to whom they are due, and when you judge between people, to judge with justice.... (Quran, 4:58)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]And He has said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] ...And act justly. Truly, God loves those who are just. (Quran, 49:9)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]We should even be just with those who we hate, as God has said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] ...And let not the hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety.... (Quran, 5:8)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]The Prophet Muhammad said: {People, beware of injustice,5 for injustice shall be darkness on the Day of Judgment.}6 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]And those who have not gotten their rights (i.e. what they have a just claim to) in this life will receive them on the Day of Judgment, as the Prophet said: {On the Day of Judgment, rights will be given to those to whom they are due (and wrongs will be redressed)...}[/SIZE]
Islam DOES NOT provide EQUAL rights or free speech to ALL. Thus is unworthy of my respect.
 
Old 09-23-2010, 05:50 PM
 
43 posts, read 24,550 times
Reputation: 11
[quote=ptsum;16006591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
Being a slave of God is not a shame. worshiping God means that we are reconizing that he is supreme and he is the creator of us and of the universe so praying for him.
We are free and not slaves for anybody except for God....and in my belief it`s honour for me to be good slave of God.
i was made by him and my life is in his hands...he make my heart beat and make my lung breath.

i wish that u got what we mean[/quote]

light beam, I completely understand what you mean and for some religious beliefs that is fine, that is your religion, however in my culture we are slaves to no one, not even our Creator, we believe we were created with the freedoms to do and worship our Creator as we so please and we also have the choice, should we want to, to not worship the Creator, you see the choice is ours and no one is criticized for it one way or the other, to us it is a private thing to do.
I understand you...we also believe that God gave the choice to do any thing even we have the choice to worship or not.

29. And say to them, ?(All‚h?s) your Lord's truth has come to guide us to all truth, and he who wishes to believe is free to do so, and he who wishes to disbelieve is free to do so.?
Quran18:29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top