U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Planet Eaarth
8,955 posts, read 17,701,307 times
Reputation: 7193

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Why am I not a Muslim? Because I am a Comanche and the way given to our people is different than your way. Had Creator intended for me to be a Muslim (or Christian for that matter), then he would have made me and my ancestors Muslims from the beginning. Our way is a good way and I see no reason to change. Your traditions are not my traditions. Nice Engrish though.
This answer is for all who are not muslim not just Native Americans. It is also the most civil response.

 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Happy wherever I am - Florida now
3,359 posts, read 10,911,567 times
Reputation: 3838
I appreciate you practicing your english but we are not muslims because we don't want to be and no amount of prostelyzing will change our minds.

I am glad you are happy and don't appear to be an extremist as we hear of so much violence that we consider to be irrational and barbaric from your world. I am wondering if you have access to uncensored media as you don't also hear of it? Suicide bombers, rapes of uncovered women, female mutiliation, stonings, lashings, amputations, beheadings, these are all things we hear about that we consider horrific in western societies. What country are you in?
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,457,798 times
Reputation: 3945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I appreciate you practicing your english but we are not muslims because we don't want to be and no amount of prostelyzing will change our minds.

I am glad you are happy and don't appear to be an extremist as we hear of so much violence that we consider to be irrational and barbaric from your world. I am wondering if you have access to uncensored media as you don't also hear of it? Suicide bombers, rapes of uncovered women, female mutiliation, stonings, lashings, amputations, beheadings, these are all things we hear about that we consider horrific in western societies. What country are you in?
She may not appear to be an extremist, but her casual dismissal of the problems that Islam has show that she either doesn't care about them, or she thinks they're not important.
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
 
18 posts, read 10,016 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I appreciate you practicing your english but we are not muslims because we don't want to be and no amount of prostelyzing will change our minds.

I am glad you are happy and don't appear to be an extremist as we hear of so much violence that we consider to be irrational and barbaric from your world. I am wondering if you have access to uncensored media as you don't also hear of it? Suicide bombers, rapes of uncovered women, female mutiliation, stonings, lashings, amputations, beheadings, these are all things we hear about that we consider horrific in western societies. What country are you in?
Thank you
I love English as it is a very second language after Arabic language we have
I do not want you to change your minds
I just want to change the wrong idea about Islam
Because we are not as you think or as Isorna media
What you say about the practices of terrorism
We are completely against Islam, and reject completely
Which is carried out by the person who is not acceptable in the Muslim community
I am an Egyptian girl

Last edited by ghada elmoslma; 09-22-2010 at 12:23 PM..
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
Well
Let's go back to history
If you do you'll find that our human rights club
And forbade slavery
And female infanticide, which was prevalent in the era before Islam
Our religion is not a religion of violence and terrorism
We are against terrorism

This does not mean a lack of a Muslim
The acts of terrorism
That Islam calls for the
Or that all Muslims are terrorists
There are also Christians and Jews engage in terrorist acts
But we do not say that Christianity or Judaism calls for terrorism
Overcome because we do not generalize
I understand that some of your customs came about because of the need to protect women and children within your culture but at the same time isn't it not possible that some of those customs are now out dated and have become more of a hindrance than a benefit? You are correct, there are extremists in all religions and unfortunately it is the extremists that give the different religions the bad name and one must look at any given situation from both sides. I am not a believer in either Christianity or Islam or Judaism, so I am not swayed one way or the other by the belief of any particular organized religion, I am however a believer in the Creator and I believe that we are all equal and able to make our own choices. I have respect for the beliefs of others and I have an open mind to learn about the beliefs of others, I am a believer in knowledge, I believe the more knowledge one obtains the more choices one has.
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,457,798 times
Reputation: 3945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
Thank you
I love English as it is a very second language after Arabic language we have
I do not want you to change your minds
I just want to change the wrong idea about Islam
Because we are not as you think or as Isorna media
What you say about the practices of terrorism
We are completely against Islam, and reject completely
Which is carried out by the person who is not acceptable in the Muslim community
I am an Egyptian girl
So because Muslims "reject completely" any terroristic acts, that's why Libya, which is 97% Muslim, threw a huge celebration for Abdelbeset al-Megrahi.

Right?
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,432 posts, read 3,463,864 times
Reputation: 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled elbranas View Post
Islam is suitable for any culture of my sister and proof is that Muhammad came to know the people who do not read and write and around them to high culture


I do not understand

Islam is not the suppression of women My sister and all this is just rumors

My sister fighting for God to men only



If my sister over Jrepetty psychological comfort when you said this prayer for
e.
God willing, the interventionist in Islam, filling all the feelings of Lekki,,


Islam achieves all this comfort and happiness and well-being

Are you also a Jehovah's Witness. Seriously. Why are you even attempting to convert people over to your faith. Ain't gonna happen ok?
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
 
43 posts, read 24,510 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
Thank you
I love English as it is a very second language after Arabic language we have
I do not want you to change your minds
I just want to change the wrong idea about Islam
Because we are not as you think or as Isorna media
What you say about the practices of terrorism
We are completely against Islam, and reject completely
Which is carried out by the person who is not acceptable in the Muslim community
I am an Egyptian girl
yes Ghada ...i`m also here to clarify the truth about Islam

Islam is a religon of merci , forvgiveness and peace.
Even the greeting words in Islam is
= peace
=upon you

Last edited by june 7th; 09-26-2010 at 10:24 AM..
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:34 PM
 
18 posts, read 10,016 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I understand that some of your customs came about because of the need to protect women and children within your culture but at the same time isn't it not possible that some of those customs are now out dated and have become more of a hindrance than a benefit? You are correct, there are extremists in all religions and unfortunately it is the extremists that give the different religions the bad name and one must look at any given situation from both sides. I am not a believer in either Christianity or Islam or Judaism, so I am not swayed one way or the other by the belief of any particular organized religion, I am however a believer in the Creator and I believe that we are all equal and able to make our own choices. I have respect for the beliefs of others and I have an open mind to learn about the beliefs of others, I am a believer in knowledge, I believe the more knowledge one obtains the more choices one has.
I respect your point of view very
I think in the very coexistence
We find a Muslim family and other Jewish
Living in the same building
And living in a state of friendship and great love
And our religion teaches us is that
I do not want that forced you to embrace the same beliefs
But I just
I want to change your idea about us
I have said this before
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
 
18 posts, read 10,016 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So because Muslims "reject completely" any terroristic acts, that's why Libya, which is 97% Muslim, threw a huge celebration for Abdelbeset al-Megrahi.

Right?
Since the few who said that we should not generalize that
That does not mean
That Muslims terrorists
With I do not confirm that information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top