U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM

18 posts, read 10,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Listening to them object that Islam is peaceful isn't working. If it's not up to muslims to fix the image of their religion, then who? Tell me, who is responsible to seek out islamic terrorists and make sure they can't hurt anyone? Christians? Atheists? The United States military? Tibetan monks?

What it comes down to is that much like Christianity did in its checkered past, Islam has to quash its violent members. Unfortunately, we get people like the posters in this thread, who say there's nothing wrong with Islam, and that it's not their responsibility that muslim terrorists kill in the name of their god.

It's like having a neighbor who is generally a really nice guy, except he lets his dogs come over and crap on your lawn. When you complain, he says "I'm a really good guy and I don't condone dogs crapping on anyone's lawn!" and yet he doesn't come over and clean up the crap, and he doesn't keep them from crapping there the next day.
We did not say that it is not our fault
That there are some terrorists are Muslims
Who kill
They believe that they are serving their religion
Not the fault of Islam
Some Muslims use them incorrectly
You do not learn about Islam is something
Therefore, I understand your position

Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 PM

43 posts, read 24,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Oh please. I find it very insulting when people in general try to push their religion on others, dear.

you r right.....but if u look to the subject with another look , u may see the actual motive pushing them to offer their religion to be love good for people

for myself , every now and then i meet some christians either in my country o abroad on net trying to offer christianity to me , i respected that and i thank them for that coz i felt that they are doing their best to show me the right path (according to their belief) and i did really read Bible and i discussed some fathers and i decided my way with my mind fully convinced with,,,i was born muslim but now i`m muslim by my heart and mind.

lastly: it`s up to you , i respect ur opinion if u dislike that anyone try to offer his religion. even i`m different with u , dear.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:10 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,328,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Listening to them object that Islam is peaceful isn't working. If it's not up to muslims to fix the image of their religion, then who? Tell me, who is responsible to seek out islamic terrorists and make sure they can't hurt anyone? Christians? Atheists? The United States military? Tibetan monks?

What it comes down to is that much like Christianity did in its checkered past, Islam has to quash its violent members. Unfortunately, we get people like the posters in this thread, who say there's nothing wrong with Islam, and that it's not their responsibility that muslim terrorists kill in the name of their god.

I won't disagree with you that there are problems with Islam and it is up to them to get those problems worked out, they must stand up to the radicals within their religion and tell them that they are wrong in what they are doing but every religion has gone through this trial. Religion in and of itself can be a good thing, it's the ones who are applying it for their own self-serving purpose that hurt it, just as Al Qaeda and the Taliban use Islam to recruit the ignorant and uneducated to their cause. They distort the religion for their own purpose. As a Native American I could say the same thing about Christianity and what it did to the native people of this land in the name of its religion, but like I said earlier, it's in the past and that's where it belongs. The problem is their's and they must work to solve it.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I won't disagree with you that there are problems with Islam and it is up to them to get those problems worked out, they must stand up to the radicals within their religion and tell them that they are wrong in what they are doing but every religion has gone through this trial. Religion in and of itself can be a good thing, it's the ones who are applying it for their own self-serving purpose that hurt it, just as Al Qaeda and the Taliban use Islam to recruit the ignorant and uneducated to their cause. They distort the religion for their own purpose. As a Native American I could say the same thing about Christianity and what it did to the native people of this land in the name of its religion, but like I said earlier, it's in the past and that's where it belongs. The problem is there's and they must work to solve it.
I would like to salute you on your words
So we agree that the problem is not in any religion
The problem lies in the application of the teachings of religion
Is not it??

Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,908,364 times
Let me ask you what sect you are? What are you studying in school now? How old are you?
Are you able to leave the house any time you want without a man being with you?
Are you allowed to drive? Can you pick your own future husband?

Concerning the religion we have all recently studied a lot and have found that the later suras that are violent and call for conversion or death to infidels outweight the earlier peaceful ones. We also hear that muslims can lie to us to try to convince us to convert and to the superiority of their religion. All of the atrocious deeds we hear about are accompanied by words praising allah when they are done therefore we cannot deny nor from what we read in the koran that they are anything other than prescribed by the koran. The same thing happens too frequently to be otherwise. Are you saying that these things aren't written when we can see that they are, or that a different sect is causing this?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM

My friends
I want to explain that we are not here to disturb any extent
We are here because we love you and love all peoples
And we the people Coexisted
We seek to achieve coexistence and peace

Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM

43 posts, read 24,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

dear ..Islam is calling for peace and merci and that` documnted inQ uran and prophet`s sayings .
Quran and prophet are guide for muslims to the true path but they are not responsible at all for the non following of muslims to their guide.
if you read the history you`ll fine wars and cimes done by European armies under the name of christ who is innocent from what they claimed.
it was the cross campiagn which come to east and did so many massacres and killed innocent people under name of christ.
Can then we accuse the christianity then that it`s a religion of terrorist?!!. actually we didn`t coz we are understanding that religion is guiding people to peace but people may not follow the religion and even justifying their crimes by doing that for God.....!!!!!!

anyway ...let me ask you
World is free from crimes and terrorism except from muslims??!!!!!!!!
Be just and fair please
the 2 world wars .....were done by muslims???!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:23 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,418,535 times
I am not a Muslim because:

To belong to organized religion is to sign on to a cause or an ethic, a movement or a body of other human beings which each claims to have a better,
more fuller understanding, interpretation, love, fear or concept of the will of God or Allah or Jehovah or Buddah or Krishna, Or Jesus or Muhammad (PBUH),
for mankind. These organizations are made up of mortal men or women, each believing that they have a better understanding or a clearer vision of what
it is that our God and Master expects of us and how we must live our lives, if we seek to please Him. All organizations are based upon rules, without rules
and beliefs, there would be no common bond within the organization but often these rules are made by other mortals who have taken it upon themselves
to read or study the ancient holy writings, artifacts which have been passed or handed down from the earliest days of our documented history.

Most often, these organizations, like other architectures in nature appoint leaders over the organization, entrusting these leaders to read, study
and so, interpret the true meaning of these holy writings. Over much study, the things written by mortal men and through the divine inspiration of "God's will",
are often modernized so that as times change, every contemporary generation will have a clearer and fuller understanding of the will of God for them. These
tenets, edicts, mandates and interpretations are made to be doctrines and religious organizations depend upon us, we the individuals, to subscribe to them,
follow them, obey them and practice them but they never permit us to believe the ultimate truth, that God has gifted us common and mortal men, with the
intelligence to understand for ourselves what it truly is ,that God wants for us or expects from us. Religious leaders have set themselves up as divine beings
who have a closer relationship with God than we as common people are worthy of, almost to the point of denying us to question these man made doctrines.

Fear is their primary weapon, they have come to an erroneous belief that if we do not obey God (as they interpret God), we must be punished. They
do not focus upon the obvious, that because life is a beautiful gift and God is the giver of life, that God must also be a God of love. They often speak of this
punishment for disobedience, to be administered in the "hereafter", the time when the gift of life has been returned to God. Some religions believe that the
punishment for must begin here on earth and by the hand of men, the effect, being of benefit to those whom witness this punishment, so that they may see
now, that God requires this punishment and that He endorses and reinforces the concept of man punishing his fellow man. This is not the way of a God of
love, one who is timeless, has always been and will always be. If we require or are to receive punishment for those mistakes that we have made while here
on earth enjoying His gifts, why would any God not have the right as well as the ability to take that gift away from us, through his own Omnipotent power?

I am not a Muslim because: I see God as a loving force, the greatest part of all that has been left for those who study the inspired holy texts, is here, to
underscore the real truth, that God is a loving being. He does not require you to read from these sacred writings because he has given you other gifts which
will help you to know and understand His wishes for you, the things that He wants you to know. He has given us the great gift of conscience, a feeling that
he has implanted within our hearts and minds so that we will always know the difference between right and wrong even if there are others who claim to be
more intelligent than we are, closer to God or Allah than we are, the Imams or the Rabbi's or the Cardinals, Bishops even Priests who have failed to read one
of the most important points of all that God has said through his prophets or messiahs. There is but one God and if we must mediate his wishes for us, we
must come to Him on a one-to-one basis in the churches, temples or mosques within our hearts and there we will meet Him and will know Him. He has waited
for us to turn to him since the beginning of time and I just feel in my own heart, that He will not wait forever. The Islamic understanding of God, is to mark me
as an infidel, an unbeliever worthy of death, simply because I do not submit to the Muslim understanding and misconception of God's purpose for me in the
short time here on Earth, that I have been given His precious gift in which to live, breathe, walk with and to love my fellow man. I am not a Muslim because
God's voice of conscience within my very soul, speaks louder, longer and truer than any Imam could ever hope to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Let me ask you what sect you are? What are you studying in school now? How old are you?
Are you able to leave the house any time you want without a man being with you?
Are you allowed to drive? Can you pick your own future husband?

Concerning the religion we have all recently studied a lot and have found\?
Let me answer your questions
I study at the university the rights now
The ages of 21 years
And yes, I can get out of the house by myself at any time
But at night I can not, but if my brother or me, Abe
Therefore, protect me
I can certainly drive a car
This is something very normal
Of course, my husband chose the future myself
This is substantiated by Islam
No marriage is without the consent of the girl
Marriage is void

10,017 posts, read 17,016,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
dear ..Islam is calling for peace and merci and that` documnted inQ uran and prophet`s sayings .
Quran and prophet are guide for muslims to the true path but they are not responsible at all for the non following of muslims to their guide.
if you read the history you`ll fine wars and cimes done by European armies under the name of christ who is innocent from what they claimed.
it was the cross campiagn which come to east and did so many massacres and killed innocent people under name of christ.
Can then we accuse the christianity then that it`s a religion of terrorist?!!. actually we didn`t coz we are understanding that religion is guiding people to peace but people may not follow the religion and even justifying their crimes by doing that for God.....!!!!!!

anyway ...let me ask you
World is free from crimes and terrorism except from muslims??!!!!!!!!
Be just and fair please
the 2 world wars .....were done by muslims???!!!!

Do you understand that it is not JUST terrorism that is questioned. It is stoning, honor killings and many others that are supported by your religion. Terrorism in just ONE of many issues. I do not believe in any god or religion, I think they are all just leading to war and power struggles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam