U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM

43 posts, read 24,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
MysticPhD, no disrespect taken, however I think that Islam and Allah will have a big problem with trying to have this old heathen submit to it. I may be tolerant of other religions and beliefs but they will never change what I believe in, I can respect it but I don't have to believe in it and I thank you for the info and the mutual respect.
great ... i like that so much.
really i respect your thinking.
256. There is no compulsion in religion. Now the path of rectitude has been made distinct from the path of error. Therefore, he who disbelieves in the Tght (false gods and false beliefs) and believes in Allh will have firmly grasped the eternal, the unchangeable, and the most secure handhold, which will never separate or break. And Allh is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing.
Quran 2:256

Old 09-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Default Ghnadi , Bernard sho and others

please see that video ....
it`s the opinions of the famous greatest non muslim people in the world in Muhammad (the great prophet of Islam) (peace and prayers to be upon him)

YouTube - ‫

Old 09-22-2010, 01:55 PM

40,103 posts, read 26,772,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh holy crap. Has hell froze over? Do I actually agree with you on something?

I feel so dirty.
You'll get over it. I have faith in you.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:57 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,336,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
great ... i like that so much.
really i respect your thinking.
256. There is no compulsion in religion. Now the path of rectitude has been made distinct from the path of error. Therefore, he who disbelieves in the Tght (false gods and false beliefs) and believes in Allh will have firmly grasped the eternal, the unchangeable, and the most secure handhold, which will never separate or break. And Allh is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing.
Quran 2:256
light beam, if you don't mind a little constructive criticism and no disrespect intended, you're quoting from the Quran,( in my case could be interpreted as an insult) however I know that you do not mean it that way. To say that somebody else's belief is false and untrue and that their path is of error, is really not the best thing to do, to some it may seem to be disrespectful of that individual's belief because I believe that what I believe is true and is not in error and what you believe is also true and not in error, now I can respect the belief that you have, even if I don't believe it, but to you it's true, just as my path and my belief are true to me. Now I hope I educated you a little bit in the respect of other people's belief.osay

Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
light beam, if you don't mind a little constructive criticism and no disrespect intended, you're quoting from the Quran,( in my case could be interpreted as an insult) however I know that you do not mean it that way. To say that somebody else's belief is false and untrue and that their path is of error, is really not the best thing to do, to some it may seem to be disrespectful of that individual's belief because I believe that what I believe is true and is not in error and what you believe is also true and not in error, now I can respect the belief that you have, even if I don't believe it, but to you it's true, just as my path and my belief are true to me. Now I hope I educated you a little bit in the respect of other people's belief.osay
Dear brother i didn`t mean to insult any other belief.

46. And do not argue, you believers, with the Population of the Book (Jews and Christians), but in the fairest manner except for those of them who have been unjust. Say to them, ?We believe in what has been sent down to us and what has been sent down to you in the Tawrh and Injl (the original Torah and Gospel as revealed to Ms [Moses] and `Îsa [Jesus] respectively). Our God and yours is One and to Him we are Muslims.?
Quran29: 46

I wish u are not angry.....really i respect you and people like you

Last edited by light beam; 09-22-2010 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-22-2010, 02:34 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,336,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
Dear brother i didn`t mean to insult any other belief.
We know that our belifs are differnt BUT we are respecting our differnce.
in ur belief Quran not a word of God, i know that u believe in that and that`s not hurt me at all coz i know that, coz if u`re believing that Quran is word of God , eventually u`re muslim. and so u see me not on the right path altough u respect my belief .
In Quran also God talking that Islam is the right path , so who refuse it , he will be wrong (in the point view of Quran) and it`s not agaist respect at all.
and you must know something that Islam told us that christians and jewish are people of holy books So they believe in Allah like us.

but i can put ur advice in my consideration, i never intended to insult u or any belief.

lastly i wanna to give you this Quran verse

46. And do not argue, you believers, with the Population of the Book (Jews and Christians), but in the fairest manner except for those of them who have been unjust. Say to them, ?We believe in what has been sent down to us and what has been sent down to you in the Tawrh and Injl (the original Torah and Gospel as revealed to Ms [Moses] and `Îsa [Jesus] respectively). Our God and yours is One and to Him we are Muslims.?
Quran29: 46

I wish u are not angry.....really i respect you and people like you
light beam, I do appreciate your response and I am not angry. My purpose for telling you was to educate you and I must explain to you that I am neither Christian nor Jewish, I do not believe in the Christian God nor the God of Judaism or the God of Islam, I am Tsalagi (Cherokee) and I believe in a Creator. To be more specific I am a Keetoowah Spiritualist Elder, that means that I am the keeper of the ancient culture, traditions and beliefs of my people. You call your God Allah, Christians call their deity God, I call mine U-lo-te-ga. So you see not all Americans are Christians...

Old 09-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
light beam, I do appreciate your response and I am not angry. My purpose for telling you was to educate you and I must explain to you that I am neither Christian nor Jewish, I do not believe in the Christian God nor the God of Judaism or the God of Islam, I am Tsalagi (Cherokee) and I believe in a Creator. To be more specific I am a Keetoowah Spiritualist Elder, that means that I am the keeper of the ancient culture, traditions and beliefs of my people. You call your God Allah, Christians call their deity God, I call mine U-lo-te-ga. So you see not all Americans are Christians...

Great,,,,it`s amazing. really it`s a surprise for me BUT i like it.
i`m glad coz few weeks ago , i got a hindu friend .she is very nice i`m enjoying to know differnt culturs and beliefs.
i didn`t know any about ur belief, it will be nice to know about it from you

Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,641,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
My sister is a cover-up protection for women
We do not suffer any problem in that
We protect ourselves from harassment
This is not any persecution at all
What you are saying about wearing shorts
Is the cause of all problems that occur
So I guess all the rapes in Islamic countries are on woman who are not covered-up? And if all the woman were covered there would be no rapes?

Since when did a piece of cloth protect any woman from being abused by a man.

The true issue is the HEART on mankind - no law is going to keep certain kinds of people from acting in certain ways. Our society has plenty of provacativly dressed woman and they are not harrassed and plenty of woman who were dressed very conserverdly have been harassed and sexually mistreated.

Islam is so concerned with the letter of the law and forcing people to converge around what they believe is right for society yet failing to convert the heart. So many live out of fear, indoctrination, or fancy moral gymnastics to justify thier laws - like 'it's protection for woman' - AH, so noble, you see that is the problem we disagree that it is a protection for woman (in any real sense) - you have been convinced that it is - thus turning some forced oppressive outward act into some spiritual bleesing that does nothing to really protect your woman nor does it reaaly change the hearts of the men who given the opportunity would still ravish those woman. All your Shariah Law seeks to do in curtail or diminish mankind's inclinations but does nothing in really transforming the inward aspect of mankind.

Spiritually, this tactic is a huge failure - Jesus spoke much about this outward show but lacking the inward reality - this is why a person must be born from above and not just perform some religious duty. The law does not make one free nor spiritual - only a changed heart of love, AND AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO NEED FOR A LAW.

This is a vast difference between Christianity and Islam. Islam seeks to force people into a society under Shariah - as that will suppossedly give rise to a greater chance of willing conversion to Islam - and this is all for our (kafir's) benifit - well no thank you!. Yet if they do not become Dhimmis then they can be killed. And is it not interesting that being a Dhimmi is for their protection as well, yet look at the mistreatment of those who are not Muslims living in Islamic Societies - let alone the abject hatred of them.

Christianity, although misguided in it's zeall many times throughout it's history does not teach such things (through the NT, Jesus, nor any Christian Societal Law) - Christians should not and do not want to force people either into a moral standard of living nor into some corralled conversion by such means. This is particularly true of immoral acts that do not effect an unwilling person - say homosexuality as opposed to theft. A Christian my disagree morally with homosexuality but we do not want to implement the theocratic laws that were willingly entered into under ancient Israeli society - we will try to convince and persuade but ultimately the change comes from God's spirit upon a person's heart not some outward forced Law and the judement of that person's soul is completely God's. Furthermore, our (western society) in seeking justice for things like theft have procedures that minimize revenge or unjust prosecutions through due process, juries, and third party arbitration - not honor killings, lop-sided testimonies for Muslim men as opposed for woman not to mention non-muslims, ect., ect.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:13 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,264,439 times
I know that individuals, whether Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or whatever, practice their faith ini different ways. But on the larger scale and just out of curiosity, isn't the implementation of Islam in terms of "group think" very different in different countries. For instance, in countries like Turkey and Jordan versus Iran or Saudi Arabia?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,885,912 times
Why am I'm not a Muslim? The same reason I'm not a Christian - namely because I am intelligent and educated, and well versed with the rather uninspiring and non-divine historical/archaeological origins of both myths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam