U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasersaeed View Post
i didn't say toothbrush....and it's not allowed to hurt your wife or make the beating painfall

re-read my post

wow, it ought not be ok to in anyway tp hit your spouse.... It does not matter if if doesn't hurt....

Your spouse deserves to be treated with kindness and respect...

It is NOT ok.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 AM

56 posts, read 69,843 times
Quote:
Your spouse deserves to be treated with kindness and respect...
i guess spouse mean wife....

i posted the rules why and why it's allowed in the old topic

check it out, and if you don't like it

not my problem....

and it's not an order you must do, it's just a right you have ( who said you should do it????? )

Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Quote:

not my problem....

and it's not an order you must do, it's just a right you have ( who said you should do it????? )
Can your wife beat on you? Does she have the same rights you do?

Old 10-01-2010, 03:18 PM

56 posts, read 69,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Can your wife beat on you? Does she have the same rights you do?
those laws in Islam is a solution to fix society and provide just for everyone which you people don't see as a solution sadly

i don't think there's a right for women to beat their husbands because it just doesn't make since, i mean your wife will probably love you and won't dare raise her hand on you even if you did mistake <-------- just their nature

and i don't think women have this right, and it's because if your wife beat you in anyway you'll probably get insane and angry and divorce her or beat her <--- it will lead to many problems

Old 10-01-2010, 03:58 PM

19,837 posts, read 19,927,191 times
Quote:
those laws in Islam is a solution to fix society and provide just for everyone which you people don't see as a solution sadly

i don't think there's a right for women to beat their husbands because it just doesn't make since, i mean your wife will probably love you and won't dare raise her hand on you even if you did mistake <-------- just their nature

and i don't think women have this right, and it's because if your wife beat you in anyway you'll probably get insane and angry and divorce her or beat her <--- it will lead to many problems
Shows you how much you know about woman unless they have been raised to believe themselves inferior.
And next........here we are again with those Islamic men that just can't control themselves!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Treating a wife as a possession is no solution...As a matter of fact in nature the female is worth much more than the male. Neither husband nor wife should use violence against one another...That is barbaric, and why many of us see Islam as a barbaric religion stuck thousands of years behind the times.

My wife, who was raised in an abusive family told me when we were first married..."Don't ever hit me, because if you do should never sleep again. There are many sharp knives in the kitchen and I'm not afraid to use one."

There are many cases where an abusive husband has been murdered or "dis-membered in his sleep...You folks don't seem to think much of women do you?

Tell me are you allowed to point out the flaws in Islam without recrimination, and don't tell me there are none. Are you allowed to criticize Mohammad?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,825,736 times
In regard to the OP's example:

I thought it was obvious that the government of Iran was tyrannical and oppressive to their citizens who are - in general - very educated and decent people who want a government to reflect the will of the people. What the government does to those who fan the flames of reform (excessive sentencing for "inflammatory" speech for example), does not necessarily reflect Islam or most of the citizens of Iran.

Keep in mind that there's a difference between the Iranian government, Islam, and the people of Iran. Iranian citizens give us the courtesy of looking at the U.S. in a similar fashion (they know we're not all Christians and that our government does things we - the people - don't approve of).

With that, freedom of speech is a Western value. We can't expect the whole world to abide by Western Civilization values. It's a difficult concept but, it's one that we can understand if we try not to be ethnocentric.

My two cents for what it's worth.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:33 PM

40,100 posts, read 26,767,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
With that, freedom of speech is a Western value. We can't expect the whole world to abide by Western Civilization values. It's a difficult concept but, it's one that we can understand if we try not to be ethnocentric.
Sorry . . . but this "tolerance" plea does not and should never extend to barbarity in any civilized society. Islam as expressed in Sharia is barbaric. Freedom of speech is not an ethnocentric value . . . it is a fundamental principle of a civilized and free people.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Women are better off in Iran than some other Islamic countries, but still have a ways to go...

YouTube - Iranian Women! This is Iran...!

Old 10-01-2010, 06:47 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,280 times
Quote:

not my problem....

I have read all the Muslim posts who have supported sharia, and I have read yours to the best of my ability given the language barrier.

I know you don't care, most the muslims who post here don't care.

As long as they are following Islam human rights don't matter.

People have a basic human right to live without fear of being hurt.

Wives have a basic right to be in a marriage where they are safe and secure and not beaten.

My prayer is that somehow Islam will become a peaceful religion like muslims keep saying it is or it will cease to exist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or