U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2010, 08:23 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,131,529 times
Reputation: 9518

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I've never denied that history is my favorite subject, even when people look at me funny for saying so. I'm fascinated to learn what those "non-existent" places were. Can you work up a list?
And can we be confident that the knowledge of present day historians is better than those who were actually there at the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And can we be confident that the knowledge of present day historians is better than those who were actually there at the time?

Which historians are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,131,529 times
Reputation: 9518
These ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
Unfortunately, historical (written and archaelogical) evidence leans heavily towards the non-existence of this Moses.

No matter how you slice it and dice it, real history has disappeared into the quagmire of not-so-hidden agendas that rewrote sacred books and promulgated a particular philosophy to support near disatrous events whereby Egypt managed to kick Israelite "ass" and destroy any hopes of militarily reclaiming the "promised land."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,076 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Well, as the Guardian of the Gate said in 'The Wizard of Oz,' "Why didn't you say so? That's a horse of a different color!"

So I opened up my copy of the Torah, and I picked up all kinds of knowledge about Moses.


who ever believes in Moses and does not believe in Jesus then he is not a believer .
if believe in Jesus and does not believe in Moses then he is not a believer .
if believe in both of them and does not believe in Mohammad then he is not a believer.
a true believer believes in all the prohets of God who came after the first one Adam and before the final prophet Mohammad peace and blessing of Allah upon them and believe in all the holy books from the frist one until the final one the Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 01:28 AM
 
2,958 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Reputation: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And can we be confident that the knowledge of present day historians is better than those who were actually there at the time?
Oh...well let's see now. Moses was given credit for writing five books of the old testament. Most of it is written in third person. Who was that mystery writer who saw god and moses and heard god speak to him. Just who was it? I've always been curious about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 06:57 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
who ever believes in Moses and does not believe in Jesus then he is not a believer .
if believe in Jesus and does not believe in Moses then he is not a believer .
if believe in both of them and does not believe in Mohammad then he is not a believer.
a true believer believes in all the prohets of God who came after the first one Adam and before the final prophet Mohammad peace and blessing of Allah upon them and believe in all the holy books from the frist one until the final one the Quran.

Well I believe not in books or men but G-d/creator. Books are written by man, and men are fallible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM
 
1,168 posts, read 1,073,915 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well I believe not in books or men but G-d/creator. Books are written by man, and men are fallible.
Does that mean all men are fallible?
Does that mean all humans are liars or are in error?...if so, then what you just put up here is mud to me...according to your inherent Fallible attributes you so brandishly cling to as your armour?

Mindless to some degree...if all Men are fallible...then all this writting is for nothing....and being either a man or woman...they are of the same cloth...of the same seed...so they both have the inherent traights of fallibilities in them.....and it shows to some degree!

But then someone comes along with the truth...and they believe not in the truth, because they believe more in their lies, which seems to prophet no one in the end!


Jesus and Moses and others...seem to be leading us away from (societies blunders and sins) the fallible aspects of the human condition is inherent only because they cling to it as a child with a security blanket and a thumb in the mouth, that they have not yet solved for their own stupidity...so more blunders can come forth from their bent and weening intellect.

Wonder why they existed in time?...maybe it is because not all men or women are fallible once they know the truth of those who came before them, and the ones that are to come forth because of them!

Last edited by Sir Les; 10-24-2010 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 10:57 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Does that mean all men are fallible?
Does that mean all humans are liars or are in error?...if so, then what you just put up here is mud to me...according to your inherent Fallible attributes you so brandishly cling to as your armour?

Mindless to some degree...if all Men are fallible...then all this writting is for nothing....

But then someone comes along with the truth...and they believe not in the truth because they believe more in their lies which seems to prophet no one in the end!


Jesus and Moses and others...seem to be leading us away from (societies blunders) the fallible aspects of the human condition is inherent only because they cling to it as a child with a security blanket and a thumb in the mouth, that they have not yet solved for their own stupidity...so more blunders can come forth from their bent and weening intellect.

Wonder why they existed in time?...maybe it is because not all men are fallible once they know the truth!

Yes men are fallible which means you and I are fallible.

Being fallible does not make you a liar.... People can be wrong and that does not make them liars...

then you lost me but the first 2 questions made sense..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 11:24 AM
 
1,168 posts, read 1,073,915 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes men are fallible which means you and I are fallible.

Being fallible does not make you a liar.... People can be wrong and that does not make them liars...

then you lost me but the first 2 questions made sense..
Sorry but if through the fallibility they denie truth...then what is the opposite of the truth?...LIES!.
And if one continues to hold fast to the lies, once truth is known,.. in place of the truth...then they love their lies more because it comforts them to be fallible in that error...and when found in error...because of the cause and effect of it...and the truth is brought forth to prove their fallibility in their acts continually.......Then what has been written about Humans loving more their lies and sins is true..according to God's own words..."they love themselves and their lies more" than the truth and God.

So...to say I am fallible with out knowing who I am...and only some really do know me....
Then how can you claim I am fallible?...I do not need a security blanket to cover my sins....if I have any sins to cover Yet?

As I stated...some men and women are not fallible...and those are the Gold God seeks, as they seek God...and they are few and far between, and scattered throughout the world...in many places...with many faces!

But it is those who do what God says to the letter of the laws Moses brought down from heaven, written with the finger of God...not of MAN or WOMEN or other...that will in the end be his people!

For they will know the truth...and they will do the truth..and they will live the truth..and say the truth....for the lies only bring with them more woes wrath and pestilences!

That is oh so true!

wonder why?...They believe in their lies more than the truth!

And that blanket is catching on fire ...and they have taken the thumb out of their mouths, and put it back in their behind....for more flavour!

Last edited by Sir Les; 10-24-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 PM
 
2,958 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Reputation: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Sorry but if through the fallibility they denie truth...then what is the opposite of the truth?...LIES!.
And if one continues to hold fast to the lies, once truth is known,.. in place of the truth...then they love their lies more because it comforts them to be fallible in that error...and when found in error...because of the cause and effect of it...and the truth is brought forth to prove their fallibility in their acts continually.......Then what has been written about Humans loving more their lies and sins is true..according to God's own words..."they love themselves and their lies more" than the truth and God.

So...to say I am fallible with out knowing who I am...and only some really do know me....
Then how can you claim I am fallible?...I do not need a security blanket to cover my sins....if I have any sins to cover Yet?

As I stated...some men and women are not fallible...and those are the Gold God seeks, as they seek God...and they are few and far between, and scattered throughout the world...in many places...with many faces!

But it is those who do what God says to the letter of the laws Moses brought down from heaven, written with the finger of God...not of MAN or WOMEN or other...that will in the end be his people!

For they will know the truth...and they will do the truth..and they will live the truth..and say the truth....for the lies only bring with them more woes wrath and pestilences!

That is oh so true!

wonder why?...They believe in their lies more than the truth!

And that blanket is catching on fire ...and they have taken the thumb out of their mouths, and put it back in their behind....for more flavour!
I believe in what I see. I believe in what I have seen for the last 76 years. There was no virgin birth. There was no healing by touching. There was no walking on water. No walls fell at the sound of a trumpet. No seas were parted. No big fish puked up live men. Nobody lived through a 1200 degree furnace. Nobody was able to turn water into fine wine. Nobody was raised from the dead. Nobody fed thousands with two fish and five loaves. Nobody slowly bled to death and showed up two days later fit as a fiddle and fine as could be.

I don't believe in ghosts...holy or otherwise. I'm smarter than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top