U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,989,805 times

Advertisements

I think the Quran is much like the Bible in the respect that one can find verses within either to support virtually any viewpoint. It all depends upon what sort of person reads either one.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:53 PM

271 posts, read 304,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I think the Quran is much like the Bible in the respect that one can find verses within either to support virtually any viewpoint. It all depends upon what sort of person reads either one.
Actually, that verses I mentioned were rules when there was so called -an islamic country.

while any other verses you may be thinking of are only during battles and wars.

So, It's misinterpretation from some persons. I agree.

Anyway, what about the video

Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,492,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
When we look deeper into things...as they are...we find a underhanded and oppressive handy works over the world order...Democracy?...not in true form....and because they have oppressed certain trade, and peoples.....terrorists are born!

So if we conclude...with a spiritual or RELIGIOUS Belief system of God...who has given the laws of the land, and the laws in which to live by...that we the people are to uphold...to the letter of them laws covenants and precepts....No one should be killing anyone!

In that ideal...surely we should stop those who do SIN and Evils and punish them...but in that punishment we teach them which is better, what is righteous, and in that they might be saved, if they change their tune, and comply with those laws, covenants, and Liberties God made known.
These things are what Jesus Christ showed us...to love eachother...to teach eachother...to help eachother...to share all things...to be honest...and most importantly to stand up for God!

Tend and keep the Garden....is all God asked of us to do...and to leave a certain plant alone ( but to restore it sinlessly every year in that keeping mindset)....how hard is that?

How far off the mark are we all if we pay taxes, to make wars, and prohibition and oppression on others?
Well we become the supporters of those evils....which bring about the terrorist now present in the world.

"Your making a den of robbers and thieves!" Jesus said...with that IDOL (engraven imaged thing) God commanded we do not make...$$$$$....

Again how far off the mark are we?.....if this system is polluting the eco systems of this world?

Here we have science...telling us that this planet is protected by a magnetic field...so the harmful sun radiation is reflected....
If we take all the metals out of the earth...does that not change the magnetic fields of the planet?
Science has noted a hole in the magnetic fields....and if a solar storm should arise...this hole will let in alot of harmful radiation...which could render all electrical devices useless, and all power grids nul and void..for years!

SO is this system following the instructions of God, or the laws of the lands of God, or the commandments of God?.....if there are terrorists in the world, it is those who have atomic weapons, and weapons of warfare...being bought and sold...so more death is made on either side of any conflict.....
Constantly in sin, constantly breaking those laws of God, and prohibiting people from sowing Good seed into the soils....wonder what they fear now with that..and what les they tell to profane it....and what lies they tell to keep it out of reach of the children who are sinless before Christ....so they never put it back sinlessly?

Must be something to do with God...no doubt?...and Moses and that burning Bush senerio ? Not wanting God to commune with us?

Seems most sins and evils are now taxable and in terms of legal employment? that have been accepted by the people for the people?....sex slaves and ***** houses, and prostitution?
Yet they cannot seems to legalize a industriously attributed economical plants growth?

Something funny with that one.....and how long has this plant been outlawed?..remember ROME'S CONTRABANN LAWS anyone?

Funny lines of parallels I'd say....for those who seem to use this plant...want ,act, and speak peacefully!

Not something $atan wants in his games of death, and end games...are we not on that road to destruction of the human condition, and the planet?...are we helpers of God...or do we work for and support $atan?

be honest...eh?
Exactly, Sir Les. Money, money, money. It's all about the money. For instance, we just sold 60 billion dollars worth of weapons to Saudia Arabia!! Now, where did those terrorists from 9/11 come from?? Those who control this planet are not peacemakers. Whoa to those who say "peace, peace" when there is no peace. The deals going on around the world are all about money and power, and the U.S. is always playing the game. It's all about who gets to be on top in the end. And, we sit around and wonder how the gangs around this planet are getting so clever and causing so much damage. They are just playing the game, and they've learned from the best.

Who, really, ends up suffering the most in these power plays (Vietnamese children are still stepping on mines)? And, what happens when these weapons we sell our "allies" are used to fight us? We cannot control who gets this stuff, and we can't control who eventually gains power in the future. This stuff just keeps multiplying, and I believe whoever is caught fighting evil with more evil will reap what they've sown, whether it be now or in the next life.

This planet is truly in a sick condition.

When it comes to defining who is a terrorist, it just depends on which side you are on.

Saudi Arms Deal | Middle East

Saudi Arabia, Off The Hook / The 9/11 terrorists were mostly Saudi. Suicide bombers in Iraq are Saudi. And we're allies? - SFGate

According to the Vietnamese, 38,000 people have been killed and 64,000 injured by mines and bombs since the war ended in 1975. BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | Vietnam War's new victims

U.S. Peddles Weapons to the World : NPR

Last edited by herefornow; 10-25-2010 at 02:11 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 02:47 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,976,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You do know that what is committed against them is mainly commited by other Muslims, don't you?
Muslims are killing each other by the thousands.
Sad and true. There was that bombing of a Sufi site in Pakistan this morning or last night. The people of Darfur were Muslim.

I do think some here have overly negative and unfair views of Islam. Many people hear passages of the Qur'an without the original context and develop the idea it's something it's not. I mean it is a religion created by a man who lead armies and orthodox/traditional Islam does tend to see itself as a politico-religious system, but it's not a slathering system of blowing up restaurants and indiscriminately killing Christians or Jews.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Yes I know that, but I see these same supposedly moderate Muslims constantly blaming others for the murders the perpetrate on each other...That bothers me, so that I must point the facts out to them.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 AM

465 posts, read 377,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Should all Muslims be given the same label because of a few?

Are we really naive to think terrorism is only being done by a few?

Are Muslims able to separate their religion and live in democratic and secular societies?

Is it right to hate a whole group based on untruths?

Food for thought.
I'm not really afraid of terrorism from them.

I just think they are religious fanatics who are way too self-righteous about their beliefs.

Like Christianity, it's just gotten out of control and gone over the edge. It's become a very negative force on this Earth that limits free thought.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 AM

69 posts, read 83,284 times
Quote:
Not true.

Anyways Bin laden relies on the concept of "Tatassur" laid out by the 13th century cleric Ibn Taymiya. Not from the Koran.The wahhabis worship the fatwas of Ibn Taymiya. Ibn Taymiya believed that collateral damage is OK. meaning if a Muslim kills an innocent civilian as he is targeting the enemy he can not be blamed.

The problem is this concept is followed even more by the US army. They ended up killing more civilians than the so called terrorist.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,540,265 times
Islamophobia based on the perception that adherents of Islam must be terrorists is really nothing new; it's just the latest version of a phenomenon that has existed since the founding of the United States.

In the 1840s, for example, watch out--America was going to be swamped by the Irish. During the First World War, Germans and Italians were the victims of some pretty wild hysteria (sauerkraut was redesignated as 'liberty cabbage!') These days it's Islamic people. Come back in another 25 years, it'll be someone else's turn. You can count on it.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 AM

2,782 posts, read 3,733,529 times
Quote:
No....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9rofXQl6w

Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 AM

306 posts, read 261,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
I'm not really afraid of terrorism from them.

I just think they are religious fanatics who are way too self-righteous about their beliefs.

Like Christianity, it's just gotten out of control and gone over the edge. It's become a very negative force on this Earth that limits free thought.
nomad,
you cant even compare the two. when was the last time a group christians strapped bombs on themselves and walked into a crowded market place or hijacked commercial jets and flew them into buildings of innocent people. not to mention that they treat their women like dogs. christianty is about love and forgiveness and radical islam is about hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or