Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,648 times

Advertisements

Should all Muslims be given the same label because of a few?

Are we really naive to think terrorism is only being done by a few?

Are Muslims able to separate their religion and live in democratic and secular societies?

Is it right to hate a whole group based on untruths?

Food for thought.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM

63,566 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Default Why is there Islamaphobia?

IT is not Islamophobia . . . it is Islamocontemptio.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-25-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 09:04 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,947,691 times
phobia indicates fear.........from what I have seen, that doesn't exist except in the minds of a few Republican minions in Washington DC.

In a world of terrorists of all kinds (although it appears Islam provides the bulk of them....at least the largest group of incompetent terrorists, anyway) the following list is of various terrorist organizations in the US. Please note that the majority of them are home grown groups with ties to Christianity.
# American Coalition of Life Activists ~ Noted for publishing a hit list, complete with home addresses, of abortion providers. They claim they don't do any of the actual killings, they simply rejoice when someone they target is murdered.
# Animal Liberation Front ~ Called a "leading domestic terrorist threat" by the FBI for mostly non-violent acts of graffiti and property vandalism.
# Army of God ~ Radical Christians who believe God has granted them the authority to kill abortion providers. Followers have bombed abortion clinics and shot doctors.
# Aryan Nation ~ White supremacist disciples of Adolf Hitler who urge the violent overthrow of the United States government. Suspected of funding their activities through bank robberies. One follower murdered the family of a Chicago area judge.
# Christian Identity Movement ~ Believe that Anglo-Saxons are the only true children of God. Their most prominent terror act was the Olympics bombing in Atlanta in 1996. Tied to armed robberies and murder. Preferred targets are Jews, non-whites, and gays.
# Earth Liberation Front ~ Radical environmental group that is prone to arson.
# Ku Klux Klan ~ America's oldest, best know terrorist organization.
# Militia Movement ~ Another right-wing anti-government movement. A favored tactic is exploding IEDs (pipebombs) at government facilities. Another tactic they have used is to form "common law" courts, try people in abstentia, and then threaten to execute punishment as a form of extortion.
Then we have free lance terrorists like Tim McVeigh and the Columbine High School kids.......

Without being maudlin or acting superior, as a Christian I do like the part of the 23rd Psalm where it states that "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil."

Phobia does not apply.

Given the opportunity I will sit on the jury and convict those caught, sentence them to death, and will willingly pull the trigger/flip the switch/ tie the noose.............just because I am Christian does not mean I'm pacifist..........but phobia does not apply any more than I am afraid to walk in the woodlands by my creek because there are poisonous snakes and spiders.....when they are in a place to threaten me, I kill them There are poisonous snakes in society. When they are in a place to threaten me I kill them. Fear isn't part of the equation.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,628,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Should all Muslims be given the same label because of a few?

Are we really naive to think terrorism is only being done by a few?

Are Muslims able to separate their religion and live in democratic and secular societies?

Is it right to hate a whole group based on untruths?

Food for thought.
Orthodox Islam teaches to kill the infidels or make them servants. Moderate Muslims ignore those passages in the Koran that dictate this kind of behavior. Good for them. However, if you are a Koran following, Mohammed imitating, orthodox Muslim, you are a terrorist to the infidels.

North Africa and Middle East religion demographics is proof positive of the trajectory and teachings of Islam.

So should the western world be worried about Islam and Sharia law? I will leave that up to you good folks.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:37 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,233,095 times
Fear breeds hate, Hate breeds sin To kill the other, sin breeds death....The constant.

So Jesus says Love those who hate you!
Do good onto them who dispise you.

For to kill them is to be like them...and that killing...or in the killing sin is born again...so death follows, and the curse of cain comes over the lands of those who do the killing.

I hope one day all phobia's will be put to rest...even prohibition of plants....the hate has to stop...and understanding has to come into play...aswell as sharing...and behaving ourselves less we all be Judged unworthy by God.
And that line is being crossed way to blantantly these days...

Kill em because they hate us for our freedom?...now what stupidity is that?

$atan surely rules over those who honour that policy....eh Mr Bush?...keeping the western world in sins and evils...constantly....wonder why?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,233,095 times
When we look deeper into things...as they are...we find a underhanded and oppressive handy works over the world order...Democracy?...not in true form....and because they have oppressed certain trade, and peoples.....terrorists are born!

So if we conclude...with a spiritual or RELIGIOUS Belief system of God...who has given the laws of the land, and the laws in which to live by...that we the people are to uphold...to the letter of them laws covenants and precepts....No one should be killing anyone!

In that ideal...surely we should stop those who do SIN and Evils and punish them...but in that punishment we teach them which is better, what is righteous, and in that they might be saved, if they change their tune, and comply with those laws, covenants, and Liberties God made known.
These things are what Jesus Christ showed us...to love eachother...to teach eachother...to help eachother...to share all things...to be honest...and most importantly to stand up for God!

Tend and keep the Garden....is all God asked of us to do...and to leave a certain plant alone ( but to restore it sinlessly every year in that keeping mindset)....how hard is that?

How far off the mark are we all if we pay taxes, to make wars, and prohibition and oppression on others?
Well we become the supporters of those evils....which bring about the terrorist now present in the world.

"Your making a den of robbers and thieves!" Jesus said...with that IDOL (engraven imaged thing) God commanded we do not make...$$$$$....

Again how far off the mark are we?.....if this system is polluting the eco systems of this world?

Here we have science...telling us that this planet is protected by a magnetic field...so the harmful sun radiation is reflected....
If we take all the metals out of the earth...does that not change the magnetic fields of the planet?
Science has noted a hole in the magnetic fields....and if a solar storm should arise...this hole will let in alot of harmful radiation...which could render all electrical devices useless, and all power grids nul and void..for years!

SO is this system following the instructions of God, or the laws of the lands of God, or the commandments of God?.....if there are terrorists in the world, it is those who have atomic weapons, and weapons of warfare...being bought and sold...so more death is made on either side of any conflict.....
Constantly in sin, constantly breaking those laws of God, and prohibiting people from sowing Good seed into the soils....wonder what they fear now with that..and what les they tell to profane it....and what lies they tell to keep it out of reach of the children who are sinless before Christ....so they never put it back sinlessly?

Must be something to do with God...no doubt?...and Moses and that burning Bush senerio ? Not wanting God to commune with us?

Seems most sins and evils are now taxable and in terms of legal employment? that have been accepted by the people for the people?....sex slaves and ***** houses, and prostitution?
Yet they cannot seems to legalize a industriously attributed economical plants growth?

Something funny with that one.....and how long has this plant been outlawed?..remember ROME'S CONTRABANN LAWS anyone?

Funny lines of parallels I'd say....for those who seem to use this plant...want ,act, and speak peacefully!

Not something $atan wants in his games of death, and end games...are we not on that road to destruction of the human condition, and the planet?...are we helpers of God...or do we work for and support $atan?

be honest...eh?

Last edited by Sir Les; 10-25-2010 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 AM

430 posts, read 582,391 times
To the OP's specific question: IMO: any group or following that places an unjustified emphasis or focus on specific violent spiritual aspects of their lives, to the exclusion of common sense or keeping an open mind, is to be wary of.

Not feared, just watched, since we now know the extreme Islamic fringe is capable of heinous acts against completely innocent people (I suppose they weren't innocent in the eyes of these nuts). It's obvious as well that they are largely culturally and globally illiterate and easily influenced by their fanatic Imams.

The Muslim Koran specifies acts of violence against us infidels. Many of it's followers agree.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM

271 posts, read 354,666 times
Default I love the best for you ALL

To hate a whole group based on untruths makes no sense
Islamophobia is a great joke

2:256
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
[LEFT]
18:29
And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place

Tolerance of Muslims is unlimitted compared to what is committed against them today

Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 AM

271 posts, read 354,666 times
Let's take abreak

American muslims !

Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
You do know that what is committed against them is mainly commited by other Muslims, don't you?
Muslims are killing each other by the thousands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.