U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Time to renounce elwill...

Is it OK to drink alcohol?

why ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 11:02 AM

30,892 posts, read 31,788,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post

why ?
In one place the quran says alcohol is good , and in another says it's bad. This is a contradiction, therefore a mistake....Keep your promise and renounce Islam.

Here is another mistake... How should Jews and Christians be treated?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:22 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,051,849 times
Quote:
i will
show me what you have
Quote:
In one place the quran says alcohol is good , and in another says it's bad. This is a contradiction, therefore a mistake....Keep your promise and renounce Islam.

We need a third party arbiter.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 AM

439 posts, read 482,547 times
Quote:

the word good is refering to the fruit and not to the alcohol.

And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who have sense. Quran 16.67

They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness. And they ask thee what they ought to spend. Say: that which is superfluous. Thus Allah maketh plain to you (His) revelations, that haply ye may reflect Quran 2.219

Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 AM

271 posts, read 304,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
As Quran is NON-man-made, it is impossible to find a single simple mistake.

Many people have tried
and finally failed

Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
We need a third party arbiter.
but what if we didn't find one !

take it easy , we can assume honesty for each other , and we can make it work out without third party

make your reseachs and your exploration about quran , try to find for me one error which you yourself convinced with it , then let us discuss it .

you will tell me , why you see it as an error and what is the supposed correct information and i will tell you why it isn't . or simply renounce islam

if my responds is logical and objective then we turn to another one

take your chance and search for me about errors , if you thought you have an ability to do that , you are wellcome

Old 11-08-2010, 09:30 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,051,849 times
Quote:
but what if we didn't find one !

take it easy , we can assume honesty for each other , and we can make it work out without third party

make your reseachs and your exploration about quran , try to find for me one error which you yourself convinced with it , then let us discuss it .

you will tell me , why you see it as an error and what is the supposed correct information and i will tell you why it isn't . or simply renounce islam

if my responds is logical and objective then we turn to another one

take your chance and search for me about errors , if you thought you have an ability to do that , you are wellcome
People have already done the work for me.
Science in the Quran
Contradictions
45 Scientific/historical Mistakes by Skeptics Annotated Quran Refuted Yahya Snow's Blog

This is why we generally need a third-party arbiter--as when the mindset (as shown in link 3) is that "the Quran can't be wrong," you will find *any* way to make them fit. Christians have the same problem, as do inerrant Jews.

Last edited by Konraden; 11-08-2010 at 09:58 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 09:45 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,208,602 times
This is based on the assumption that the universe will slow down its expansion and start to contract, this theory was put to the test when it was found out that our universe is in fact expanding at an accelerated rate ( no contraction). Most believe that it will now just keep expanding into nothingness, where the very atoms of matter will be ripped apart.
So where doe that fit into the Quran?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:15 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Folks:

Please know that references to moderator actions is prohibitted by the Terms of Service. Any more moderator-related posts/references will result in infractions, and the thread being closed.

It is better to DM a mod, personally, than to post moderation commentaries in open forum.

Thanks,
~June

Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
People have already done the work for me.
Science in the Quran
Contradictions
45 Scientific/historical Mistakes by Skeptics Annotated Quran Refuted Yahya Snow's Blog

This is why we generally need a third-party arbiter--as when the mindset (as shown in link 3) is that "the Quran can't be wrong," you will find *any* way to make them fit. Christians have the same problem, as do inerrant Jews.
Konraden . when i asked you to find for me errors in quran to discuss it , i told you to bring one of them which you yourself convinced that it's error

you can quote from these links whatever you want , but you need to be convinced with it because you will be the one who is responsible of what you write

Konraden / i agree with you that if we have third party to manage the challenge will be the best for all of us

i just say that in the case we havn't third party , will we make it off topic ?
i have no problem , it wasn't me who raise this challange about errors of quran in the first place

anyway , i'm ready any time , tell me when you feel yourself ready for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam