U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 01:52 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,330,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
correct me if i'm wrong
do you think that the first verse says that christians and jews will be rewarded in afterlife for their faith
while the second verse says that only muslims will be accepted

is that the contradiction which you see in both verses ?

That is the way that I interpret it. Now I could be wrong but interpretation can be subjective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
That is the way that I interpret it. Now I could be wrong but interpretation can be subjective.
And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

This statement by Ibn 'Abbas indicates that Allah does not accept any deed or work from anyone, unless it conforms to the Law of Muhammad that is, after Allah sent Muhammad .

Before that, every person who followed the guidance of his own Prophet was on the correct path, following the correct guidance and was saved."

"Those who believe [in the Qur'an], and those who follow the Jewish [Scriptures], and the Christians and the Sabians, any one who believe in God and the last day, and work righteousness shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Sura 2:62).

this verse is talking about those who followed the guidence of thier prophets before mohammed (pbuh)

during my search i found the context of when this verse was revealed and to who. which will show us the context of when this was revealed, and who it was revealed:

al-Suddi who said: "The verse (Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews�) was revealed about the monks with whom Salman al-Farisi kept company. When Salman went to see the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, he informed him about their worship and striving. He said: 'O Messenger of Allah! They used to pray and fast; they believed in you and bore witness that you will be sent as a prophet'. When Salman finished his praise of them, Allah's Messenger, Allah bless him and give him peace, said: 'O Salman! They are of the dwellers of hell fire'. Allah then revealed (Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews) up to His saying (neither shall they grieve)".

So, as we can see, this was revealed to those people who used to follow the Torah and Gospels, and believed in Prophet Muhammad that he was the messenger of Allah, and did righteous deeds, etc would be saved and would have no harm or grief in next life. Those who followed the Torah and Gospels back then, HAD to believe that Muhammad would come as a prophet, because it is prophesized in the Torah as well as the Gospels that Prophet Muhammad would come

Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 PM

24 posts, read 22,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Elwill . . . you and your Islamic spammers are not remotely in tune with God even on the simplest level of spirituality. Your religion is a cultural and spiritual barbarity that needs to evolve into the 21st century and join the civilized world.
Though you may be right, that doesn't mean are age is exactly something to be in awe about. We are entering an age of technology which is distracting us from most things in life that matter, we are kept so busy and in constant work that most of us don't ever stop to ask why, and when we do, the rest of society gets mad and rejects you until you eventually just give in and keep droning on. Religion mattered hundreds of years back because they could think. Now days if you wanna care about religion enough to study it, you become a social reject unless you can keep a fake face on.

Or, maybe i am think about America.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:24 PM

439 posts, read 482,202 times
This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil).

Who believe in the Unseen, and establish worship, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them

And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter.
(The Noble Quran, 2:2-4)

Old 11-10-2010, 11:50 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,976,804 times
You must understand that one must believe in the basic concepts of Muhammad, Allah, the Quran and so forth in order for that to be a passage concerning which there is "no doubt".

Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 AM

439 posts, read 482,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
You must understand that one must believe in the basic concepts of Muhammad, Allah, the Quran and so forth in order for that to be a passage concerning which there is "no doubt".

here is the the biography of Prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be on him http://www.saaid.net/book/3/660.zip

..........unexpectedly, the Truth (the angel) came to him and said, "Recite." "I cannot recite," he (Muhammad ) said.

The Prophet described: "Then he took me and squeezed me vehemently and then let me go and repeated the order ‘Recite.’
‘I cannot recite’ said I, and once again he squeezed me and let me till I was exhausted. Then he said: ‘Recite.’ I said ‘I cannot recite.’ He squeezed me for a third time and then let me go and said:

• "Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! and your Lord is the Most Generous.’" [96:1-3]

The Prophet repeated these verses. He was trembling with fear. At this stage, he came back to his wife Khadijah, and said, "Cover me, ... cover me." They covered him until he restored security.

He apprised Khadijah of the incident of the cave and added that he was horrified.

His wife tried to soothe him and reassured him saying, "Allâh will never disgrace you. You unite uterine relations; you bear the burden of the weak; you help the poor and the needy, you entertain the guests and endure hardships in the path of truthfulness."

She set out with the Prophet to her cousin Waraqa bin Nawfal bin Asad bin ‘Abd Al-‘Uzza, who had embraced Christianity in the pre-Islamic period, and used to write the Bible in Hebrew.

He was a blind old man. Khadijah said: "My cousin! Listen to your nephew!"

Waraqa said: "O my nephew! What did you see?"

The Messenger of Allâh told him what had happened to him.

Waraqa replied:

"This is ‘Namus’ i.e. (the angel who is entrusted with Divine Secrets) that Allâh sent to Moses. I wish I were younger. I wish I could live up to the time when your people would turn you out."
Muhammad asked: "Will they drive me out?"
Waraqa answered in the affirmative and said: "Anyone who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should be alive till that day, then I would support you strongly.

A few days later Waraqa died and the revelation also subsided .......http://www.saaid.net/book/3/660.zip

Old 11-12-2010, 02:48 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,976,804 times
You aren't getting my point. One must accept the truthfulness of the events described in the Quran in order for quotes from it to have any weight. I don't believe in angels or Allah. Your posts will only appeal to other Muslims.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:31 PM

271 posts, read 304,099 times
Lightbulb Dawkins in trouble !

“We are robots to preserve genes” Dawkins

Great silence

Shocked man !

Use your mind. No one will benefit you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YIhFWWMppM

40:47-50:
And [mention] when they will argue within the Fire, and the weak will say to those who had been arrogant, "Indeed, we were [only] your followers, so will you relieve us of a share of the Fire?"

Those who had been arrogant will say, "Indeed, all [of us] are in it. Indeed, Allah has judged between the servants."

And those in the Fire will say to the keepers of Hell, "Supplicate your Lord to lighten for us a day from the punishment."

They will say: "Did there not come to you, your Messengers with (clear) evidences and signs? They will say: "Yes." They will reply: "Then call (as you like)! And the invocation of the disbelievers is nothing but in error!"

Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,330,531 times
One has to ask, is it possible for believers of Islam to answer a question without quoting from their sacred book? Is it possible for you to think for yourselves without giving answers in the form of script from your Qur'an?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam