U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:42 PM

103 posts, read 188,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post

Many facts in Quran were beyond their knowledge, they accepted to submit to God. They knew this couldn't ever be wrong.
Hi truth light
Where are the seven (solid) skies and the seven earths that mentioned in Quran and other religions.
Thanks.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Explain to me why I should believe that your sacred book is any better than the Christian sacred book or the Jewish sacred book, they were all written by man and as such, subject to all be fallacies and personal opinions or agendas of the individuals writing these so-called sacred books.
hi pstum

be aware that allah don't expect blind faith from you in quran , offcourse you have rights to doubts the truthfull of quran to be from God

so that allah gave you (unbelievers) guidlines to test the quran by yourself , and gave us signs , proofs , knowledge which supposed to convince us that it's impossible that any man wrote that 1500 years ago in desert of arabia by someone known as illeterate among his people who never had any interests in science or scriptures

[SIZE=-1]Will they not then ponder on the Quran? If it had been from other than God they would have found therein much contradiction and incongruity. (al-Nisa’, 4.82)[/SIZE]

the quran said that it's words is God's word , did the authores of the bible said that thier writings are god's word or even inspired words from God ?

[41:53] We will show them our proofs in the horizons, and within themselves, until they realize that this is the truth.* Is your Lord not sufficient as a witness of all things?

my point is that we don't expect from you to believe that quran is God's word because it says so
nay , you can test it , you have to test it and not trust muslims or quran blindly

universe expansion
51:47 We constructed the universe with might, and We are expanding it.

earth's rotation
27:88 When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of GOD, who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

early stage of development for the Universe
41:11 Then He settled to the heaven, while it was still gas, and He said to it, and to the earth: "Come willingly or unwillingly." They said, "We come willingly."

Big Bang
21:30 Did those who reject not see that the heavens and the earth were one mass and We tore them apart? That We made from the water everything that lives. Will they not acknowledge?

the embryonic development of a child
23:14 Then We created the seed into an embryo, then We created the embryo into a fetus, then We created the fetus into bone, then We covered the bone with flesh, then We brought forth a new creation. So glory be to God, the best of creators.

the other scriptures didn't said about itself that it's inspired word of God , it's very clear the bible is a collection of records which written or translated by unknown authers who wrote these things in their own style and with their own limited knowledge
it's not comparable to quran ,
i can agree that it may contains truth about God and may contains truth about jesus but it's still can't be called words of God
i will not consider those records which written about the history of mohammed (pbuh) as words of God and i will not consider the books which collected the saying of my prophet as a words of God

big difference between words of God and words about God

Old 11-10-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
early stage of development for the Universe
41:11 Then He settled to the heaven, while it was still gas, and He said to it, and to the earth: "Come willingly or unwillingly." They said, "We come willingly."
No, Allah didn't say gas. He said, "while it was still Smoke," not gas, there is a big difference, even if the ancient Arab, didn't know or use the word "gas", but why didn't Allah use it, he could do, and later we can discover the miracle, Quran has some non-Arabic words, so he could have used Gas.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,129,232 times
The Koran clearly wasn't written by man. Muhammed was illiterate and the writings in the Koran are are of an extremely high literary quality. The question is: who was that angel really? Why would an angel of God deliver a message to man that denies the truth of the New Testament of the Bible. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only way to salvation. Gabriel would not deliver any message contrary to that eternal truth.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Why would an angel of God deliver a message to man that denies the truth of the New Testament of the Bible
Because neither Quran from God nor Jesus is a son of God.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.E.O View Post
No, Allah didn't say gas. He said, "while it was still Smoke," not gas, there is a big difference, even if the ancient Arab, didn't know or use the word "gas", but why didn't Allah use it, he could do, and later we can discover the miracle, Quran has some non-Arabic words, so he could have used Gas.
you are right
smoke is more accurate than Gas

Old 11-10-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
smoke is more accurate than Gas
would you please explain.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.E.O View Post
would you please explain.
you said that
He said, "while it was still Smoke," not gas

i agree with you , arabic quran said "smoke" not gas
actually i can say that gas is wrong translation for the arabic word " Dokhan"
i just confess that it was my fault

Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,901,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
............. but really your not intrested at all and are just trying to find ways to bash on other peoples belief..................
No, ptsum is usually interested in such things and is willing to be persuaded. It is MY job to find ways to bash on other peoples belief. FWIW, I think you SHOULD save your breath and quit trying to proselytize because I think the koran is a bunch of nonsense based loosely on the Bible and Torah with many of the same stupid assumptions.

Islam is NOT a true religion, but is a political system designed to impose medieval rules on a space age society and when the morons preaching this so called religion don't get their way, they blow things up like a little kid throwing a tantrum. What Islam needs is a spanking and should be sent to a closet without dinner away from everyone else until they can learn to behave in polite society.....treat Muslims like 4 year old spoiled children.

FWIW, I think Islam is a failed religion for stupid, ignorant, superstitious people who have never learned to think for themselves. So yes, please do save your breath.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,129,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
FWIW, I think Islam is a failed religion for stupid, ignorant, superstitious people who have never learned to think for themselves. So yes, please do save your breath.
They have been deceived by the original deceiver. It saddens me to see devout Moslems praying faithfully five times a day and sincerely following the teachings of the Koran, all in vain. People seeking God sincerely and being deceived is heartbreaking to behold, and there are so many of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam