U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,332,175 times

Advertisements

[quote=Goodpasture;16598572]No, ptsum is usually interested in such things and is willing to be persuaded. It is MY job to find ways to bash on other peoples belief. FWIW, I think you SHOULD save your breath and quit trying to proselytize because I think the koran is a bunch of nonsense based loosely on the Bible and Torah with many of the same stupid assumptions.

Not persuaded my brother, just interested in learning more about other types of religions. That's why I asked the questions that I do, it's all about learning and knowledge and I have yet to find any organized religion that could persuade me from my ancestral belief and culture and many have tried and failed. When one stops asking the questions to obtain knowledge, then it is time to depart this world.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 AM

103 posts, read 188,840 times
Quote:
They have been deceived by the original deceiver. It saddens me to see devout Moslems praying faithfully five times a day and sincerely following the teachings of the Koran, all in vain. People seeking God sincerely and being deceived is heartbreaking to behold, and there are so many of them.
All they need is to open their mind and reread their books with open eyes.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,337,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
the 'books' mean nothing to you and you claim that they're all written by man when it's proven the quran could not have been written by a man but really your not intrested at all and are just trying to find ways to bash on other peoples belief... and you want to know why one is better than the other?... whats the point if your not intrested and have already denied something that you can't prove false, of course god did not literally write the bible or the torah or the quran, thats why its called the word of god, you dont see gods name as the author on the bible, etc. because god himself did not literally write the bible, people wrote what he said, miracles, etc... if someone said the percentage of the number of times the words land and sea mentioned in the quran is also the same percentage of the land and water mass today, then i say no one could have known that and therefore it MUST be from god because god is the only one that could have planned to write those words those exact number of times in an entire book not one more, not one less and he had it written that many times because he knew someday, someone would figure out one of the many miracles of the quran... but yet you say no, its not from god, its from a man because a man wrote it, well tell me how could a man plan something like that. or let me guess, its a 'coincidence', along with all the other 'coincidences'... so whats the point of trying to explain anything to you? for amusement? entertainment? id much rather spend my talking to someone more open minded. not just someone who says no. or coincidence, or its not the word of god... ill save my breath...
It would be wonderful if more religious people WOULD save their breath. And their ammunition. And their bombs.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,332,175 times
[quote=sukrill;16596045]the 'books' mean nothing to you and you claim that they're all written by man when it's proven the quran could not have been written by a man but really your not intrested at all and are just trying to find ways to bash on other peoples belief... and you want to know why one is better than the other?... whats the point if your not intrested and have already denied something that you can't prove false,

You know I must really say, it's really quite interesting to know that we have mind readers on this forum and is able to make assumptions as to what others are thinking...... sheesh..

Old 11-10-2010, 11:52 AM

13,572 posts, read 21,720,884 times
It's a wrap, folks

C L O S E D
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam