Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 PM

439 posts, read 556,098 times

Advertisements

9 And has the story of Musa come to you?

10 When he saw fire, he said to his family: Stop, for surely I see a fire, haply I may bring to you therefrom a live coal or find a guidance at the fire.

11 So when he came to it, a voice was uttered: O Musa:

12 Surely I am your Lord, therefore put off your shoes; surely you are in the sacred valley, Tuwa,

13 And I have chosen you, so listen to what is revealed:

14 Surely I am Allah, there is no god but I, therefore serve Me and keep up prayer for My remembrance:

15 Surely the hour is coming-- I am about to make it manifest-- so that every soul may be rewarded as it strives:

16 Therefore let not him who believes not in it and follows his low desires turn you away from it so that you should perish;

17 And what is this in your right hand, O Musa!

18 He said: This is my staff: I recline on it and I beat the leaves with it to make them fall upon my sheep, and I have other uses for it.

19 He said: Cast it down, O Musa!

20 So he cast it down; and lo! it was a serpent running.

21 He said: Take hold of it and fear not; We will restore it to its former state:

22 And press your hand to your side, it shall come out white without evil: another sign:

23 That We may show you of Our greater signs:

24 Go to Firon, surely he has exceeded all limits. Quran 20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
So your "Jesus in the final holy book" ran its course, and now you're zooming in on Moses. And still proceeding from the insistence that the Qu'ran is the "final" holy book. Well, good luck with this one, because you aren't going to make any more of a case this time, either.

Can Buddha and Confucius be far behind?

P.S. You're not the only one who can cut and paste individual verses.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Final message, final holy book. When do we get the grand finale? Finally, that would be fine.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 AM

7 And We inspired the mother of Moses, saying: Suckle him and, when thou fearest for him, then cast him into the river and fear not nor grieve. Lo! We shall bring him back unto thee and shall make him (one) of Our messengers.

8 And the family of Pharaoh took him up, that he might become for them an enemy and a sorrow, Lo! Pharaoh and Haman and their hosts were ever sinning.

9 And the wife of Pharaoh said: (He will be) a consolation for me and for thee. Kill him not. Peradventure he may be of use to us, or we may choose him for a son. And they perceived not.

10 And the heart of the mother of Moses became void, and she would have betrayed him if We had not fortified her heart, that she might be of the believers.

11 And she said unto his sister: Trace him. So she observed him from afar, and they perceived not.

12 And We had before forbidden foster-mothers for him, so she said: Shall I show you a household who will rear him for you and take care of him?

13 So We restored him to his mother that she might be comforted and not grieve, and that she might know that the promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not. Quran 28.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
More Islam-O-Spam I see.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I can see that the grand finale has not yet arrived. Are we supposed to be inspired, impressed, or what? Just another batch of Quran verses, totally out of context (fortunately).

Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 PM

the idea is to have some knowledge about prophet Moses peace be upon him .
a true knowledge.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the idea is to have some knowledge about prophet Moses peace be upon him .
a true knowledge.
Well, as the Guardian of the Gate said in 'The Wizard of Oz,' "Why didn't you say so? That's a horse of a different color!"

So I opened up my copy of the Torah, and I picked up all kinds of knowledge about Moses.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:06 PM

460 posts, read 592,827 times
One has to believe that there was a real, honest-to-goodness fellow named Moses to even start digesting the moralistic fables of both the OT and the Quran.

Unfortunately, historical (written and archaelogical) evidence leans heavily towards the non-existence of this Moses.

1. The OT has Moses visiting places that did not exist in the supposed ancient timeframe Bible scholars want to put Moses. But they did exist in the 7th Century B.C. when the Bible was redacted.

2. The Israelites were never enslaved. In fact, Egypt hired Israelites as free mason types and mercenaries. Slaves did not build Egyptian cities, but very skilled Israelite builders did. The Egyptians were pathetic on the battlefield; whereas, the Israelites excelled, and for a while kept upper Egypt at bay.

3. The Israelites, picking up a clue from the monotheistic experiment by the Egyptians, saw the "handwriting on the wall" when the priests in Thebes rebelled against their pharoah. "It was time to cut one's losses and get out of Dodge."

4. When the Judaeans returned from exile, the intelligentsia changed "history" to reflect that their God had given them a second chance. The religious and political intelligentsia (which were the same guys who fled out of a highly technological society in Israel, vice the backward, agrarian Judah) had an agenda: get a monotheistic religion going, based on a very demanding male god, and retake the "holy land" or "promised land."

Moses became a "rally-around" prophet of God, and the Israelites were changed from being free and industrious to mimic the defeated and demoralized returnees from Assyria/Babylon.

No matter how you slice it and dice it, real history has disappeared into the quagmire of not-so-hidden agendas that rewrote sacred books and promulgated a particular philosophy to support near disatrous events whereby Egypt managed to kick Israelite "ass" and destroy any hopes of militarily reclaiming the "promised land."

Old 10-23-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
The OT has Moses visiting places that did not exist in the supposed ancient timeframe Bible scholars want to put Moses. But they did exist in the 7th Century B.C. when the Bible was redacted.
I've never denied that history is my favorite subject, even when people look at me funny for saying so. I'm fascinated to learn what those "non-existent" places were. Can you work up a list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam