U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:36 PM

271 posts, read 304,628 times

Advertisements

Aarafat is the best day for muslims over the entire earth.
it's the day in which millions of muslims ask God for forgiveness in the same time supplicating for the lord, labaik allahum labaik muslims in ,submission, poverty, love, hope supplicate for Allah to accept them and their right deeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TOA3zfVvOI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 PM

30,937 posts, read 31,833,210 times
What the heck kind of god would demand supplication...He must have a really poor self image...No all powerful god would need to be cow towed to by a bunch of sycophants....

Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 AM

11,798 posts, read 22,018,447 times
Chances are that if there were a god, he wouldn't need supplication but he'd like it, and what he liked would be the only game in town. After all, he's the god.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Chances are that if there were a god, he wouldn't need supplication but he'd like it, and what he liked would be the only way to go. It reminds me of Basic Training in the military: They have to break you down before they can make you into what they want, which is someone who unquestioningly follows orders.
You need to worship for your own benefit
54:54
And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever AllSeer of His slaves.

God is not in need for disbeleivers
48:8
And Moses said, "If you should disbelieve, you and whoever is on the earth entirely - indeed, Allah is Free of need and Praiseworthy."

39:7
If you disbelieve - indeed, Allah is Free from need of you. And He does not approve for His servants disbelief. And if you are grateful, He approves it for you; and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you about what you used to do. Indeed, He is Knowing of that within the breasts(heart).

Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,056,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
54:54
And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever AllSeer of His slaves.

God is not in need for disbeleivers
48:8
And Moses said, "If you should disbelieve, you and whoever is on the earth entirely - indeed, Allah is Free of need and Praiseworthy."

39:7
If you disbelieve - indeed, Allah is Free from need of you. And He does not approve for His servants disbelief. And if you are grateful, He approves it for you; and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you about what you used to do. Indeed, He is Knowing of that within the breasts(heart).
Quoting scripture to a pack of irreligious isn't the way to win an argument.

Considering the well being of many people is unaffected by worship, your argument falters.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,347,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
they do not worship the building
and that building is the house of Allah.
and it was built by prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael peace be upon them more than 4000 years ago.
and the muslims worship Allah by walking around his house seven times
and the name of the building is Alkaaba.
and it is located in the holy city Makkah and another name for Makkah is Bakka
and Bakka is the name that is mentioned in the Quran
also Bakka was mentioned in the Bible.

Why does your deity need a building and if he is so all-powerful why didn't he create it himself? It does not matter to me whether it was mentioned in either one of those sacred books, I don't believe in either one of them, my Creator needs no such building to be honored, my Creator is all around me and everything else.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,580,329 times
"Best days of the year." That depends on who you ask, doesn't it? Some people might say it's Christmastime. Some might say Yom Kippur. Who knows...other people might even have different opinions on the subject!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,018,447 times
Quote:
Hardly. You failed to notice that I stated "if there were a god". That you proceeded immediately into quoting your alleged 'holy book' is totally irrelevant. Worshipping any deity is not something I am going to do.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:17 AM

(2)
What happened after Abraham left Hajjar in this place ?

Prophet said:

When the water in the water-skin had all been used up, she became thirsty and her child also became thirsty. She started looking at him (i.e. Ishmael) tossing in agony;

She left him, for she could not endure looking at him, and found that the mountain of Safa was the nearest mountain to her on that land. She stood on it and started looking at the valley keenly so that she might see somebody, but she could not see anybody. Then she descended from Safa and when she reached the valley, she tucked up her robe and ran in the valley like a person in distress and trouble, till she crossed the valley and reached the Marwa mountain where she stood and started looking, expecting to see somebody, but she could not see anybody. She repeated that (running between Safa and Marwa) seven times." The Prophet said, "This is the source of the tradition of the walking of people between them (i.e. Safa and Marwa).

When she reached the Marwa (for the last time) she heard a voice and she asked herself to be quiet and listened attentively. She heard the voice again and said, 'O, (whoever you may be)! You have made me hear your voice; have you got something to help me?" And behold! She saw an angel at the place of Zam-zam, digging the earth with his heel (or his wing), till water flowed from that place. She started to make something like a basin around it, using her hand in this way, and started filling her water-skin with water with her hands, and the water was flowing out after she had scooped some of it."
The Prophet added, "May Allah bestow Mercy on Ishmael's mother! Had she let the Zam-zam (flow without trying to control it) (or had she not scooped from that water) (to fill her water-skin), Zam-zam would have been a stream flowing on the surface of the earth." The Prophet further added, "Then she drank (water) and suckled her child. The angel said to her,
'Don't be afraid of being neglected, for this is the House of Allah which will be built by this boy and his father, and Allah never neglects His people.'
The House (i.e. Kaba) at that time was on a high place resembling a hillock, and when torrents came, they flowed to its right and left.

We notice that:

-
Hajjar was –as a mother- very afraid. She worried about her child. She found it difficult to see him suffering. In the same time she knew that God ”wouldn’t neglect her “ she was full of power of faith.

-Origin of the rite of walking 7 times between safa & Marwa.

-God mercy with his servants.

-Origin of Zamzam well that still rinning to our times. Many people think it comes to its highest level during hajj season, then return to normal !

-The angel foretold Hajjar that God would order his prophet Abraham and the child (Ismael ) to build his house as He wants.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:21 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,580,329 times
Quote:
Aarafat is the best day for muslims over the entire earth.
Mazel tov. Now will you please stop proselytizing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or