U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:37 PM

271 posts, read 304,431 times

Advertisements

(3)

After zamzam flowed and the Angel told Gabriel that Abraham & the boy will build a House here, what happened ?

God by his prior knowledge ( of what happened, will happen & what didn’t happen- if occured – how it would occur ) wanted a tribe to pass accidentally by this place…..

Prophet (PBBUH) said:

She ( Hajjar ) lived in that way till some people from the tribe of Jurhum or a family from Jurhum passed by her and her child, as they (i.e. the Jurhum people) were coming through the way of Kada'.

They landed in the lower part of Mecca where they saw a bird that had the habit of flying around water and not leaving it. They said, 'This bird must be flying around water, though we know that there is no water in this valley.' They sent one or two messengers who discovered the source of water, and returned to inform them of the water. So, they all came (towards the water)." The Prophet added, "Ishmael's mother was sitting near the water. They asked her, 'Do you allow us to stay with you?" She replied, 'Yes, but you will have no right to possess the water.' They agreed to that.

The Prophet further said, "Ishmael's mother was pleased with the whole situation as she used to love to enjoy the company of the people.

So, they settled there, and later on they sent for their families who came and settled with them so that some families became permanent residents there. The child (i.e. Ishmael) grew up and and (his virtues) caused them to love and admire him as he grew up, and when he reached the age of puberty they made him marry a woman from amongst them.

After Ishmael's mother had died, Abraham came after Ishmael's marriage in order to see his family that he had left before
He saw Ishmael under a tree near Zamzam, sharpening his arrows. When he saw Abraham, he rose up to welcome him (and they greeted each other as a father does with his son or a son does with his father).

Abraham said, 'O Ishmael! Allah has given me an order.' Ishmael said, 'Do what your Lord has ordered you to do.' Abraham asked, 'Will you help me?' Ishmael said, 'I will help you.'
Abraham said, Allah has ordered me to build a house here,' pointing to a hillock higher than the land surrounding it." The Prophet added, "Then they raised the foundations of the House (i.e. the Ka'ba). Ishmael brought the stones and Abraham was building, and when the walls became high, Ishmael brought this stone and put it for Abraham who stood over it and carried on building, while Ishmael was handing him the stones, and both of them were saying,
'O our Lord! Accept (this service) from us, Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.'

So due to Hajjar strong faith , "Then He will not neglect us," verily God didn’t He send that tribe who helped her in growing up her children after Zamzam. And the prophecy happened, but after Hajjar death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 PM

God ordered Abraham:

22:27:
And proclaim to the people the Hajj [pilgrimage]; they will come to you on foot and on every lean camel; they will come from every distant pass

Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 PM

439 posts, read 482,699 times

the location of the well of zamzam near the house of Allah (Alkaaba).

Muslim pilgrims drink water from the Zamzam well the source of which comes from under the great mosque .about three millions Muslim pilgrims from around the world are expected to converge on the city of Mecca for Hajj

old picture for the well of zamzam

Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM

30,911 posts, read 31,804,732 times
So, final message, how many people do you estimate will be trampled to death this year?...The hajj pilgrimage for 2010 started today.

1990 ....1,426 killed
1994.......270 killed
1998.......118 killed
2001.........35 killed
2003.........13 killed
2004.......251 killed
2006...... 345 killed

Seems to me that it is not a place I would want to be during the hajj. Hopefully the problem is under control, as the last trampling incident was in 2006.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So, final message, how many people do you estimate will be trampled to death this year?...The hajj pilgrimage for 2010 started today.

1990 ....1,426 killed
1994.......270 killed
1998.......118 killed
2001.........35 killed
2003.........13 killed
2004.......251 killed
2006...... 345 killed

Seems to me that it is not a place I would want to be during the hajj. Hopefully the problem is under control, as the last trampling incident was in 2006.
Actually, he is you who wouldn't want to be during the hajj.
It's a dream for every muslim to dye saying Labaik alahum labaik.
It means at resurrection day, it will be his act.
The greatest honor for any muslim is in complete surrender for God.

Anyway not all of them are killed

Somali Pilgrims Regain Speech and Hearing After 20 Years ! (http://www.masjidma.com/2010/11/14/somali-pilgrims-regain-speech-and-hearing-after-20-years/ - broken link)

he ”home” Consultant of the Ear Nose and Throat Hospital, King Faisal in the Holy Capital, Dr. Mohammed Ghazali commented, on the case of Hajj Sheriff, that the hearing and speech can be recovered during the six months, but this is a rear case. Also, Dr. Ghazali recalled the case of a patient who could not see, without using his eyeglasses, but after the drinking of the blessed water of Zamzam, that man regained to his sight, and no longer he is in need of eye glasses.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 PM

Lightbulb Eid El Adha

Memory of Great sacrifice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTgUlDERqFU
What Is Eid Al-Adha?

Takbir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29OkOdSOJw

Eid al-Adha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eid al-Adha is celebrated annually on the 10th day of the 12th and the last Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah of the lunar Islamic calendar.[4] Eid al-Adha celebrations start after the Hajj, descend from Mount Arafat.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:03 PM

Default Happy Adha for all muslims

Do not forget to congratulate

http://www.edesimusic.net/images/EidUlAdha.jpg (broken link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40zvf...eature=related
happy Adha

Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM

http://www.smsrozana.com/wp-content/uploads/Eid-Al-Azha-2010.gif (broken link)

Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,002,434 times
Pardon me for looking in on this thread. I did not realize that it is for Muslims only.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Pardon me for looking in on this thread. I did not realize that it is for Muslims only.
Welcome home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or