Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:21 AM

439 posts, read 556,098 times

Advertisements

[quote=ptsum;16751749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by islam20 View Post
I cannot see how any sacred book whether it be Christian or Islam can have anything in it to prove anything scientifically...
here you can see if you really want to see
Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 10:37 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Does the science of Islam explain that conscious thought is dependent upon a functioning brain, and therefor there will be no conscious thought after you die?

Old 11-27-2010, 01:32 PM

271 posts, read 355,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Does the science of Islam explain that conscious thought is dependent upon a functioning brain, and therefor there will be no conscious thought after you die?
"science of Islam "
Is this a new expression.
The idea is that God mentioned in Quran some scienific facts that was impossible for a man in the desert (prophet Muhammad pbbuh)1400 y ago to realize by himself.

This may help you to understand what i am talking about
Scientists : Quran is true !

Old 11-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
"science of Islam "
Is this a new expression.
The idea is that God mentioned in Quran some scienific facts that was impossible for a man in the desert (prophet Muhammad pbbuh)1400 y ago to realize by himself.

This may help you to understand what i am talking about
Scientists : Quran is true !
My point is that in order for you to believe the quran is true, you would have to believe almost everything we know about neuroscience, physics and biology are false.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
My point is that in order for you to believe the quran is true, you would have to believe almost everything we know about neuroscience, physics and biology are false.
No, Human science now after all this years is just a tiny part of God knowledge. He allow people to invent and discover only when He wants, what he wants.

Surat Ar-Rum [30:6-8] - The Holy Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

[It is] the promise of Allah . Allah does not fail in His promise, but most of the people do not know.
They know what is apparent of the worldly life, but they, of the Hereafter, are unaware.
Do they not contemplate within themselves? Allah has not created the heavens and the earth and what is between them except in truth and for a specified term. And indeed, many of the people, in [the matter of] the meeting with their Lord, are disbelievers.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:38 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You simply do not understand the difference between the production process and the product, Box . . . they are not the same. Shutting down the production facility does not uncreate the previously produced product.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:40 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
There is no reasoning with them, Box . . . there is no there there. They are parroting and propagandizing their 6th century nonsense, period.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:43 PM

But given the fact that science tells us the Quran is demonstrably wrong, shouldn't we skeptical of it's claims?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You simply do not understand the difference between the production process and the product, Box . . . they are not the same. Shutting down the production facility does not uncreate the previously produced product.
While I understand your argument, and I appreciate that your belief system has a rational basis in science, I disagree with it.

I believe the experience of death will not be significantly different than the experience of being rendered unconscious via pharmaceuticals provided by an anesthesiologist. (Assuming one is deeply enough unconscious that they don't enter a dream state.)

The energy created during thought is not a "product," it is a "by-product", and outside of a functioning brain that energy is useless. That energy will be of no more use to you when you are dead than it is useful to you while you are unconscious.

I don't want to Hi Jack his thread. If you would like to talk more about this, I invite you to start a thread regarding whether consciousness could survive death. I would be interested in hearing your take on this.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
But given the fact that science tells us the Quran is demonstrably wrong, shouldn't we skeptical of it's claims?
I don't know if you get my points , but i can't get yours:

science tells us the Quran is demonstrably wrong
it's claims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam