Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 04:14 AM

29 posts, read 27,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, the world does not need Islam, neither economically nor socially, and especially not politically..It is a archaic belief that has no place in the modern world.
My friend I do not mean to defend Islam and I am not a missionary, but I speak about what the world needs to settle down and is on the alignments every problem facing the world today treated with Islam, both admit the world like it or not and to make sure that what we do not use scientific methodology of modern in the search for the truth of this theory, why export provisions of the quick emotional issues too deep? Thank you for your understanding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
Yes Muslims can be good Americans.....I am married to a Muslim, a revert, who votes, respects the laws of the country, doesn't mind that I didn't turn to Islam and stayed a Christian!!!!
Your husband may be good. Your husband may be a Muslim. He is NOT a good Muslim and certainly not an orthodox Muslim.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 AM

33 posts, read 40,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salaita1 View Post
My friend I do not mean to defend Islam and I am not a missionary, but I speak about what the world needs to settle down and is on the alignments every problem facing the world today treated with Islam, both admit the world like it or not and to make sure that what we do not use scientific methodology of modern in the search for the truth of this theory, why export provisions of the quick emotional issues too deep? Thank you for your understanding
...ahem, the translator is a traitor. I don't think anybody understands.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
The world today without the true teachings of Islam, even in Islamic countries does human live happily? Do you live human without wars? Do you live human without pain? My friend: the world needs Islam politically and socially, economically and humanly
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, the world does not need Islam, neither economically nor socially, and especially not politically..It is a archaic belief that has no place in the modern world.
Quote:
You contradict yourself . . . and Sanspeur is right. Islam is an archaic and barbaric deen that has no place in modern civilized society. The idea of human beings enforcing religious belief on free people with barbarous punishments is pure evil.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You contradict yourself . . . and Sanspeur is right. Islam is an archaic and barbaric deen that has no place in modern civilized society. The idea of human beings enforcing religious belief on free people with barbarous punishments is pure evil.
My friend, we have "crossed swords" before, and I suspect we're about to do it again. Hope we can continue to do it in a friendly manner.

As I'm sure you know, the concept of "human beings enforcing religious belief on free people with barbarous punishments" can quite easily be proven as a common practice of Christianity in the New World. I can, if necessary, cite many examples of this occurring in both South and North America. It also took place in such interesting locales as South Africa, India, Burma and others.

Too, I feel it necessary to point out that, historically, Islam is a decidedly NEWER religion than Christianity. What does that do to your statement that Islam is an archaic... religion?

Once again I fear that this Board has fallen into the trap of the binary decision -- EITHER this OR that, aka "The Sucker's Choice" -- when experience and common sense reveals that such is a fallacious, Lose-Lose scenario.

Regards as always,

-- Nighteyes

Last edited by Nighteyes; 12-16-2010 at 05:06 PM..

Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
My friend, we have "crossed swords" before, and I suspect we're about to do it again. Hope we can continue to do it in a friendly manner.

As I'm sure you know, the concept of "human beings enforcing religious belief on free people with barbarous punishments" can quite easily be proven as a common practice of Christianity in the New World. I can, if necessary, cite many examples of this occurring in both South and North America. It also took place in such interesting locales as South Africa, India, Burma and others.

Too, I feel it necessary to point out that, historically, Islam is a decidedly NEWER religion than Christianity. What does that do to your statement that Islam is an archaic... religion?

Once again I fear that this Board has fallen into the trap of the binary decision -- EITHER this OR that, aka "The Sucker's Choice" -- when experience and common sense reveals that such is a fallacious, Lose-Lose scenario.

Regards as always,

-- Nighteyes
No problem my friend . . . unfortunately I am all too familiar with the intricacies of the deen (NOT a religion) that is Islam and its ethic. All religions are anathema to civilized society if allowed to be enforced by secular power. So comparisons of past atrocities and the blame game looking backward is irrelevant. The archaism is in the ethic . . . not its longevity.My concern is and remains with the present and the potential future effects.

Islam is the only and singular global threat to civilization as we have come to know it in the free Western societies. It is ENDEMICALLY opposed to tolerance and compromise with ANY other ethic . . . except for "truce periods" that will last only as long as they do not have the numbers or power to eliminate or subdue them. Islam is a very patient deen . . . but relentless and tenacious.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
. . . unfortunately I am all too familiar with the intricacies of the deen (NOT a religion) that is Islam and its ethic....

Islam is a very patient deen . . . but relentless and tenacious.
And do you not see the contradiction in your own argument, to wit: that Islam, which is a world-recognized religion, is NOT a religion but a "deen" (which I assume to be a contraction of the term Mujahideen)?

Do you not know that the term Mujahideen (and its other spelling variants) refer to people and not to the religion? Do you not know that said people are fighters or soldiers, not religious proponents?

If you still insist that the term "deen" (Mujahideen) is synonymous with Islam, then you must also insist that the term Hutaree (an as-yet unexplained acronym) is synonymous with Christianity.

BTW, the Hutaree are a Christian group in the American Midwest whose members are preparing for what they believe will be an apocalyptic battle with the forces of the Antichrist, and that the Antichrist's forces will be supported and defended by local, state and federal police departments. In other words, my friend, they're preparing their members to be Cop-Killers.

==================

Are you sure you wish to continue this, 'cause I got a lot more I can add to the pot...

-- Nighteyes

Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
And do you not see the contradiction in your own argument, to wit: that Islam, which is a world-recognized religion, is NOT a religion but a "deen" (which I assume to be a contraction of the term Mujahideen)?

Do you not know that the term Mujahideen (and its other spelling variants) refer to people and not to the religion? Do you not know that said people are fighters or soldiers, not religious proponents?

If you still insist that the term "deen" (Mujahideen) is synonymous with Islam, then you must also insist that the term Hutaree (an as-yet unexplained acronym) is synonymous with Christianity.

BTW, the Hutaree are a Christian group in the American Midwest whose members are preparing for what they believe will be an apocalyptic battle with the forces of the Antichrist, and that the Antichrist's forces will be supported and defended by local, state and federal police departments. In other words, my friend, they're preparing their members to be Cop-Killers.

==================

Are you sure you wish to continue this, 'cause I got a lot more I can add to the pot...

-- Nighteyes
You insist on focusing on extremist splinter groups . . . while I am addressing the intrinsic ethic that comprises the core deen itself. I am too lazy to source this for you . . .but here is an arabic sourced excerpt that should reveal the difference the word deen incorporates.The concept of the word deen in the Qur’an implies a comprehensive system of life that is composed of four parts:

1. The rulership and the authority belong to Allah (S.W.T.).
2. The obedience and submission to this rulership and authority by those who embraced this deen.
3. The comprehensive system (intellectual and practical) established by this authority (Allah).
4. The reward given by this authority (Allah) to those that followed the system and submitted to it and the punishment inflicted upon those who rebel against it and disobey it.

Based on this definition of deen, we can summarize that deen is a submission, following and worship by man for the creator, the ruler, the subjugator in a comprehensive system of life with all its belief, intellectual, moral and practical aspects.

After understanding this definition of the Arabic word deen, we realize that it is wrong to translate it to the English with the word "religion"

There is no provision in this for tolerance of any other religion or secular authority, period! Any that exist today are in a state of truce until the numbers and/or power relationships allow the complete subjugation to Allah and Sharia.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I am too lazy to source this for you . . .
I just learned that all of Christianity is merely a cover for Godless Communism. I am too lazy to source this for you, but...

I trust the point is made?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I just learned that all of Christianity is merely a cover for Godless Communism. I am too lazy to source this for you, but...

I trust the point is made?
::Sigh:: Al Iman School
and Deen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam