U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,204,232 times

Advertisements

The real "Truth" is written upon your heart, it manifest itself through every fiber of your being, it has no need for proof because the truth can stand on its own merits. I need no book to tell me what is right and what is wrong, or how to pray, or how to believe. The Creator needs no middle man to reveal Its self and I need no middle man to commune with my Creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,330,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
As I read through some more of your posts, I recognize a familiar spirit. Through my life, I have been one that has built his own "religion." Which it's really not a "religion" per se, but having read and studied much, picking what I can test as true, and casting away man-made additions, I have ended up with a place I am peaceful with living.
What drew my attention to your explanation is how you described the age of the beliefs and how they are internalized. I think this is what I've always tried to reach. The point of respecting the creator through what you know in your spirit. Essentially, "I know what I know". Or maybe I'm just crazy.....
sounds as though you have found your belief and yet maybe you seem unsure of it. If you feel comfortable and you feel right with what you believe, then it's right for you, this is the way a belief should be, it should come from within and not from somebody else's words, you are the only one who knows how you feel and that is something that is within all of us, you have reached point where you have found it, now all you have to do is believe it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:47 AM

563 posts, read 800,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
sounds as though you have found your belief and yet maybe you seem unsure of it. If you feel comfortable and you feel right with what you believe, then it's right for you, this is the way a belief should be, it should come from within and not from somebody else's words, you are the only one who knows how you feel and that is something that is within all of us, you have reached point where you have found it, now all you have to do is believe it.
Excellent analysis and advice. I completely agree. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 AM

727 posts, read 425,734 times
Quote:
...We believe in honoring our elders...
Sorry my non-manners to talk the way you maybe are used to.

I am interested of above part. How far you go with this on real life? What I have seen that is most pressuring way to be "exist" ever. Like you are not allowed to be personality, your tongue is cutted out, no this, no that... You just have to take what elders says as an order and so on....

Can you lightening me up with what "honoring elders" keeps inside?

And what comes to the teaching is it always like never ending listening? You add what is told for you and thats it?

Sorry again my way to express things out, no offence mentioned, just asking.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,330,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
Sorry my non-manners to talk the way you maybe are used to.

I am interested of above part. How far you go with this on real life? What I have seen that is most pressuring way to be "exist" ever. Like you are not allowed to be personality, your tongue is cutted out, no this, no that... You just have to take what elders says as an order and so on....

Can you lightening me up with what "honoring elders" keeps inside?

And what comes to the teaching is it always like never ending listening? You add what is told for you and thats it?

Sorry again my way to express things out, no offence mentioned, just asking.
Asexualagirl, I will do my best to try to explain in a manner that you might understand and I can only speak of my culture, there are others that are similar but may not be exact as mine. To honor our Elders is to first respect them and in order to do that, the respect has to be earned by both the teacher and the student, otherwise there is nothing to learn. Once that respect has been earned by the Elder, the student will honor that Elder by living the way he/she has been taught by that Elder/Elders. That is honoring the Elders. I hope I have explained it in such a manner that you can understand.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:58 AM

727 posts, read 425,734 times
Quote:
Asexualagirl, I will do my best to try to explain in a manner that you might understand and I can only speak of my culture, there are others that are similar but may not be exact as mine. To honor our Elders is to first respect them and in order to do that, the respect has to be earned by both the teacher and the student, otherwise there is nothing to learn. Once that respect has been earned by the Elder, the student will honor that Elder by living the way he/she has been taught by that Elder/Elders. That is honoring the Elders. I hope I have explained it in such a manner that you can understand.
Thank you very much ptsum. I just try to get the difference if there is one when we think of other religions/communes/etc. If we look at kids when and how exactly this student has ability to think if s/he wants to do this thing?

If home teach certain ways, if school teach certain ways then child just grow naturally to this thing without anyone asks if there is any intrest for it.

Or is what happends between home and school with child only cultural and what happends with elders only spiritual?

Thinking of child who is not accept before s/he satisfy the family and commune. Child have to always and for ever pleasant others and hide who s/he really is. If child does not fit the form there is ways to get the child fit the form. It just looks like mental abusing for me and I am just happy if someone can correct WHY it is not like it at all, if it is not... I do not like to keep wrong picture of things either.

Maybe I just saw minority of worst and now I am thinking it is all about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam