U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:28 AM

122 posts, read 126,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
How did he know it? The whole world knew that the Earth was a ball!

Don't confuse the ignorance of the Middle Ages and the RCC trying to control all things secular as well as spiritual.

The Chinese knew it, long before your Allah was given credit for dictating a book.

Before them, the Sumerians knew it. In fact, they were able to uncannily describe the other planets long before "modern" man had a telescope.

So, come on. Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to prove that Allah disclosed some secret information that the rest of the world was ignorant of through your Quran. And then make this giant leap that because your Quran is so "brilliant" that your Allah is "brilliant", too.
Ok let's say the whole world knew this one.What do u say about the expanding Universe and other scientific that is mentioned in the Quran?With all respect your intelligence.Who gave u that intelligence.Isn't the one who created u?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 07:02 AM

563 posts, read 800,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
The main sources of islam is the Quran and the The Prophetic Hadiths.

here is one of the Hadiths
Hadiths are man's way of screwing up an otherwise decent book. Too many that claim to be true followers of Islam, actually end up to be followers of Hadiths. And so have left the path they think they are following.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,729,586 times
Quote:
The Quran never implied that it was the sun that moved around the earth .
What do you believe the author meant when he stated:

"He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term;"

Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 AM

271 posts, read 304,196 times
- I think that this video also may benefit the ongoing discussion:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l#post16583652

- I recommend for those who use anti-islamic sites to prove anything to stop because these sites depends mainly on widespread ignorance about Islam as a religion and Arabic as a language. They fabricate many lies based on that 2 points, so be sure the source is trusted !

Quote:
and your Koran verse implied that it was the sun that moved around the earth - which was not true.
is an example !

-
Quote:
The whole world knew that the Earth was a ball!
Because some persons made theories, that doesn't make the whole world knew that the Earth was a ball!
If Muhammad (PBBUH) wasn't prophet, he wouldn't say what he isn't sure of to prove he is a liar !

-Finally:
Quran 41:53
We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth.

Last edited by Truth light; 12-19-2010 at 12:46 PM..

Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post

is an example !
What do you think was meant when the Koran said:

"He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term;"

Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM

439 posts, read 482,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
What do you believe the author meant when he stated:

the meaning of this part "He has made the sun and the moon subservient" is He constraineth the sun and the moon to give service

the meaning of this part " each one runs on to an assigned term" is

the sun orbit the galaxy and while it is moving it goes up and down like some is running

the quran mentioned that the sun run and this is a fact.

the moon also orbit the earth

the earth orbit the sun

the earth and the moon they belong to the sun

when the sun run then they run with the sun.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 AM

271 posts, read 304,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
What do you think was meant when the Koran said:

I don't know if you really have any problems to understand this verse , but these translations of the meanings of Quran may help !
Surat Az-Zumar [39:5] - The Holy Qur'an
you may add extra translations under " lang: Eng" on the left

Old 12-20-2010, 08:12 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,459,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
Ok let's say the whole world knew this one.What do u say about the expanding Universe and other scientific that is mentioned in the Quran?With all respect your intelligence.Who gave u that intelligence.Isn't the one who created u?
My mom and my dad created me. My intelligence developed over time as I grew and learned. One of the things I learned was how to spell 'you'.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 PM

439 posts, read 482,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
My mom and my dad created me. .

O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) . Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you. The Noble Quran 4:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
My intelligence developed over time as I grew and learned. One of the things I learned was how to spell 'you'.

And He taught Adam all the names (of everything) , then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful." The Noble Quran 2:31

the Quran has an answer for every thing.

simply because it is from Allah.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
the meaning of this part "He has made the sun and the moon subservient" is He constraineth the sun and the moon to give service

the meaning of this part " each one runs on to an assigned term" is

the sun orbit the galaxy and while it is moving it goes up and down like some is running

the quran mentioned that the sun run and this is a fact.

the moon also orbit the earth

the earth orbit the sun

the earth and the moon they belong to the sun

when the sun run then they run with the sun.

I think that passage is more easily and naturally understood as the author claiming the sun and the moon are subservient to the earth, and they travel around the earth.

Which of course is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or